• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 8 | Expecting reprints? Too bad. Waluigi time.

zigg

Yes. Be prepared to refresh Amazon all day and get Prime if you can and don't yet have it (SS Link was Prime-only; that might be a recurring thing now for Amazon exclusives).
Nintendo really needs to stop giving Amazon exclusive anything if they're going to pull that shit.

I thought GameStop was bad.

LiK

Popped into BB site and saw that a bunch of the amiibos are back up for preorder like Mario Odyssey and Fire Emblem.

Cloud P2 is showing as in stock at some Gamestops. Obviously, they're not going to sell them until Friday, but I wonder if that means that they'll have a decent amount of extras. I was checking for TP Link every day for weeks until release and don't think he ever showed up as "in stock" until release day.

Jawmuncher

Cloud P2 is showing as in stock at some Gamestops. Obviously, they're not going to sell them until Friday, but I wonder if that means that they'll have a decent amount of extras. I was checking for TP Link every day for weeks until release and don't think he ever showed up as "in stock" until release day.

Yeah I think this last Smash line will have a bit more than the anniversary Zeldas

As someone who has been collecting Amiibos since the start the way Nintendo has handled this has been super disappointing, especially in Canada.

We've been through the exit of Target in our country after it didn't do so well up here and honestly it was nothing like the Targets in the states anyways but it made it alot harder to find exclusives during that time period.

The limited quantities of stock, the sheer guess work of restocks. Basically if you don't get a preorder in or get out and do some legwork on day one (launch day) its all going to be very random.

Its made collecting the whole series (Smash Bros) pretty frustrating at times, I'm not ashamed to admit I've had to go to eBay for the Japanese versions for atleast two Amiibo's from the Smash series and as long as you're not keeping them in the box, there is no difference and theyre reasonably priced.

If you can get to a GameStop as it opens it's probably your best bet lol. Also, Koopa amiibo isn't out yet.

The release date isn't until Friday, they shipping it out early

Cloud Player 2 is up for preorder on the Gamestop website. So I did that. Shipping was ridiculous though.

I was talking the Mario and Smash amiibo for Bowser. It was a low priority one because they were everywehre, now it's harder to find.

Picked up the Alt Splat pack on TRU's ebay. Free shipping and nearly $10 off the regular MSRP is nice (but i'm not sure if it shipped yet? Why wouldn't they add tracking info?)

So, that just leaves me with needing a P2 Corrin (although I do have one from UK I think coming...has anyone heard about theirs recently?), maybe Pikmin and the Purple Squid. Everyone else is preordered pretty much and I'll worry about the Mario Odyssey/the other Mario series ones I'm missing closer to the end of the year

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
BB is preparing the other 3 amiibo I had ordered with P2 Bayonetta. Keep forgetting I need to swing by GS to pick up P2 Cloud.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Smash just got an update for the amiibo

and maybe other stuff
- Cloud, Corrin, and Bayonetta amiibo (including Player 2 versions) are now supported.
- Once version 1.1.7 has been installed, replays created in version 1.1.5 or earlier will no longer work.

Official patch notes from Nintendo. Basically the same thing for 3DS version.

Jawmuncher

- Cloud, Corrin, and Bayonetta amiibo (including Player 2 versions) are now supported.
- Once version 1.1.7 has been installed, replays created in version 1.1.5 or earlier will no longer work.

Off Topic, but I hate how replays become unplayable. I understand why, but if anything replays should be in their own enclosed structure so you can watch them regardless of patch.

KingBroly

Banned

That means they changed the game's balance

Velcro Fly

None of my amiibo have shipped from BB yet, all just preparing. Guess I probably won't get them by Friday then

they are usually pretty good about getting stuff to people on release. i've had stuff ship thursday that they have overnighted and gotten to me on release.

Persona7

Banned
man im not walking into a best buy to buy a bayonetta amiibo

still trying to figure out why they decided to revert my order from shipping to store pick up.

My Splatoon boy and girl are shipping from Best Buy. I need to pick up the rest (squid, Cloud, Corrin, both Bayonettas). I have no idea why I split it up like that, but there must have been a reason.

Cloud P2 will ship soon, Corrin P2 will hopefully be pretty easy to get on Friday. I had no problem getting SS Link from Amazon, so am hopeful for that one. If I can get Corrin P2, I will be 100% in good shape (assuming all pre-orders are okay).

Has P2 Corrin ever gone up for sale yet?

Not yet. Will most likely go up sometime on Friday (Amazon). Probably late morning/early afternoon. Be ready and make sure you're an Amazon Prime member!

My Best Buy order is a little strange. P2 Bayonetta and Inkling Boy shipped out yesterday. Cloud, Corrin, Inkling Girl, P1 Bayonetta are still preparing. They're all on the same order though.

Neiteio

Reordered P2 Bayonetta on Best Buy, and paid a bit extra for release date delivery. Not sure why it disappeared from my original order, but it most definitely did. So now there should be five amiibo arriving Friday, which is also the day I download Splatoon 2. Fun stuff! Already made room in my media center for S2 Inkling Girl, S2 Inkling Boy, P1 Cloud, P1 Bayo, and P2 Bayo.

I'd love to get P2 Cloud, but no idea how. Hmm...

LiK

Best Buy shipped all 4 of the new Smash amiibo I ordered separately...

Hope they're not all in bubble mailers.

Def not. They shipped all amiibos in boxes from my experience. Altho exceptions could be made.

also, canceled my Koopa Trooper and Goomba amiibos. Not a fan of collecting the generic core Nintendo ones. I didn't even pick up the other ones when they were super cheap.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
For some reason, only Cloud shipped from BB, Bayo1, Bayo2, & Corrin are still preparing.

Why wasn't it in just all one package?

Top Bottom