• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 8 | Expecting reprints? Too bad. Waluigi time.

Neiteio

I demoted some amiibo to the bottom shelf of my media center because Bayo 1 and 2 need to go on the top shelf. Sorry, Smash Link with unhealthy urine stand, but you're going down!

On a side note, I really want Smash to come to Switch. Not any Smash, but -this- Smash. Don't start over, Sakurai. Bring everyone back.

I could just play the WiiU game, I guess.

Frogstep

My P2 Bayonetta arrived from BB! Kudos to BB for knowing how to package shit.

yDN5DCQ.jpg]

Crappy quick shot but the quality on her is actually pretty good.

Missed out on Cloud P2, so gonna camp at GS on Friday, though luckily Target is close by so I can kill time there.

Still waiting for my BB Cloud & Corn to update, though granted, I picked in-store pickup.

Velcro Fly

My Corrin from BB shipped but Bayo and Cloud are still preparing. Kinda weird since Bayo/Cloud were preparing before Corrin moved to that stage. Oh well as long as I get them.

Neiteio

Just got the Guardian amiibo, and wow - the packaging is beautiful. I don't want to open it, but I need ancient cores. :(
I think not opening amiibo is crazy since they're works of 3D art that are best appreciated from all angles. But the Guardian, in particular, practically begs to be opened. I dearly wish I had one so I could play with its posable arms!

I think not opening amiibo is crazy since they're works of 3D art that are best appreciated from all angles. But the Guardian, in particular, practically begs to be opened. I dearly wish I had one so I could play with its posable arms!
Yeah, all of mine are open. Guardian's display is just so pretty, I had to take a few extra minutes to admire it this time before removing the figure from the packaging. I didn't know the arms could move, though! That's pretty neat.

kunonabi

Got my p2 bayonetta. She came out pretty well but there is something about her proportions or pose that seems really off. Still much cleaner paint job than some of my last few amiibo pick-ups.

Neiteio

Yeah, all of mine are open. Guardian's display is just so pretty, I had to take a few extra minutes to admire it this time before removing the figure from the packaging. I didn't know the arms could move, though! That's pretty neat.
I want one. :(

How did you get it? Home break-in? Ransom letter? ...Murder?

Neiteio

Got my p2 bayonetta. She came out pretty well but there is something about her proportions or pose that seems really off. Still much cleaner paint job than some of my last few amiibo pick-ups.
Sakurai adjusted her lanky limbs. Her Smash proportions are different from her games.

I want one. :(

How did you get it? Home break-in? Ransom letter? ...Murder?
Worse. I paid someone on eBay $80. Thought the price was questionable at first - but now that I have it in my hands, it was actually totally worth it!

No but really, I just lucked out and managed to grab one after a small Walmart online restock.

Neiteio

Worse. I paid someone on eBay $80. Thought the price was questionable at first - but now that I have it in my hands, it was actually totally worth it!

No but really, I just lucked out and managed to grab one after a small Walmart online restock.
Treasure it for me. :(

Frogstep

That was also my initial reaction when I saw her. But it is how she looks in Smash, due to her proportions being altered.

Shauni

All BB has shipped is P2 Bayonetta and Inkling Boy from Splatoon 2. Wal-Mart shipped the purple squid. New Inkling Girl and regular Bayonetta in limbo

LiK

LOL, forgot I preordered Corrin P2 from Amazon Japan. Was wondering why I was charged like 3000 yen. The shipping was like 1800 yen. Was gonna cancel but I'll just keep it. Not sure what luck I'll have when Amazon puts it out for sale anyway.

NOLA_Gaffer

Banned
What's the best way to find out the value of and to sell amiibo? eBay? Amazon?

I have most of the Smash Series and I'm thinking I'm probably gonna sell at least half of it.

What's the best way to find out the value of and to sell amiibo? eBay? Amazon?

I have most of the Smash Series and I'm thinking I'm probably gonna sell at least half of it.

If you're cashing out of them, let me know. I need a couple Smash Wave 1/2 to finish having the entire collection.

So far only my P2 Bayonetta and MCorrin have shipped (separately) from Best Buy. Cloud and P1 Bayo are still "preparing ". P2 Cloud shipped from GameStop, though.

I hoped Amazon would have FCorrin up by now but I guess I'll just have to keep my Amazon JP order.

NOLA_Gaffer

Banned
If you're cashing out of them, let me know. I need a couple Smash Wave 1/2 to finish having the entire collection.

Sure thing. I'll try to take inventory tonight. I've only opened the ones I like and or/wanted to use, so I doubt I'll be selling many of those, so the majority of them should be boxed, but I may have a loose one or two as well.

My Cloud P2 shipped!

I was at Target yesterday and noticed that they had a bunch of BOTW amiibo (including Guardian), so maybe check out Target if you're looking for any of those.

EDIT: Looks like you can order from their site too.

Sure thing. I'll try to take inventory tonight. I've only opened the ones I like and or/wanted to use, so I doubt I'll be selling many of those, so the majority of them should be boxed, but I may have a loose one or two as well.

Either way is fine. I THINK I have all the backer boards for them, but I might have bought one or two loose in the beginning.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
1 of my 2 Bayonettas from Best Buy decided to go from pick up to ship. Huh, and someone else got it the other way around?

Tomorrow will be another Amazopocalypse. Remember, Link showed up around 10:20 AM PST, just for a time frame. My eyes will be glued on here and Wario64's Twitter.

1 of my 2 Bayonettas from Best Buy decided to go from pick up to ship. Huh, and someone else got it the other way around?

Tomorrow will be another Amazopocalypse. Remember, Link showed up around 10:20 AM PST, just for a time frame. My eyes will be glued on here and Wario64's Twitter.
I have a doctor's appointment from noon to one tomorrow. Here's hoping I don't miss Corrin.

Moshio

Neo Member
Has anyone used the gift wrap option on Amazon for an amiibo? If so, did it protect the box? I'm trying to figure out the best method tomorrow to ensure the Corrin amiibo doesn't get smashed like my Skyward Sword Link did.

Jawmuncher

Has anyone used the gift wrap option on Amazon for an amiibo? If so, did it protect the box? I'm trying to figure out the best method tomorrow to ensure the Corrin amiibo doesn't get smashed like my Skyward Sword Link did.

Order it with something else you need so they put it in the same box

Neiteio

My Cloud P2 shipped!

I was at Target yesterday and noticed that they had a bunch of BOTW amiibo (including Guardian), so maybe check out Target if you're looking for any of those.

EDIT: Looks like you can order from their site too.
Nics, I just snagged BotW Zelda and Guardian on Target.com. Arriving next week. How is Target with deliveries?

Now I just want Cloud P2...

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Best Buy decided to ship the 4 amiibo that come out tomorrow into THREE packages.

.........did they not have a box big enough to send all 4 of them at once?

Neiteio

Best Buy decided to ship the 4 amiibo that come out tomorrow into THREE packages.

Get on my level, they're sending me five amiibo in four different packages

I hope everyone does the right thing and recycles the cardboard, because Best Buy is burning through the Amazon rainforest at this rate

The other Amiibo I ordered from BB (Cloud, P1 Bayo) just shipped, so that's three packages from them to me as well. The first originated in Louisville, KY and the second in Ohio (no tracking on the third yet), so they're shipping from different warehouses.

A friend of mine's amiibo from BB all shipped separately so she's gonna get like 8 different boxes tomorrow lmao

I realized this morning that in the chaos of the last few weeks/months...i totally forgot to preorder regular Bayo and Cloud. (Corrin I randomly added when I got another game from BB for free shipping)

So I was able to grab Cloud on BB, but looks like regular Bayo isn't available for store pickup or shipping...but I don't really forsee these regular ones to be super hard to come by.

All I'm missing right now of these releases are Bayo and Purple Squid. Hopefully Amazon puts their figures up at a decent time and I'll be able to snag P2 Corrin

RootCause

A friend of mine's amiibo from BB all shipped separately so she's gonna get like 8 different boxes tomorrow lmao

I realized this morning that in the chaos of the last few weeks/months...i totally forgot to preorder regular Bayo and Cloud. (Corrin I randomly added when I got another game from BB for free shipping)

So I was able to grab Cloud on BB, but looks like regular Bayo isn't available for store pickup or shipping...but I don't really forsee these regular ones to be super hard to come by.

All I'm missing right now of these releases are Bayo and Purple Squid. Hopefully Amazon puts their figures up at a decent time and I'll be able to snag P2 Corrin
i bet BB didn't charge her per package. 👀 GS

Top Bottom