• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 8 | Expecting reprints? Too bad. Waluigi time.

Hey everyone this is my first time posting in this thread. So I've started collecting amiibo for a little less than a year now and my goal is to get all the smash amiibo but that seems like it's not going to be easy lol. I just ordered the player 2 Corrin and have been Waiting all day (this thread had been a major help). Is this the stress a lot of you have been going through to get the exclusives lol. Also how often do nintendo reprint amiibo or is once it's gone its gone for some of them?

Which you missing? I'm thinking about parting with like half of my amiibo.

Shauni

I don't know why, but I love the fact that on the Cloud amiibos, on the bottom, it says "DESIGN: TETSUYA NOMURA"

Also oh god, once I get Corrin P2 & the Pikmin amiibo next week, I'll be at a whopping 77 figures.

Wow, that's more amiibos, Pops, and other assorted figures I have put together.

ShyMel

The last time I bought an item on Amazon that said it would ship in 1/2 months, the Crash trilogy, it actually shipped the following week. I wouldn't be too worried.

Josh5890

Man, I just found out that Amazon put up that exclusive Skyward Sword Amiibo back in June. What the fuck was I doing? lol, funny how that one ends up being the only one I don't have

edit: If anyone wants to hook an Amiibro up, please let me know

I feel ya. I'm missing just Majoras Mask and Skyward Sword from my collection.

This was the last one I needed, all the other releases for today were pre-ordered ages ago and arrived in the mail this morning. So, I still have every amiibo released in the US!

Send help.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Wait, I miscounted. Right now, I'm at 79, then next week, I'll be at 81 amiibo after the Pikmin & Corrin P2.

......oh god, I hit the 80+ mark.

Ordered P2 Corrin, though that 1-2 month wait (lol) per Amazon is amusing.

Had to go to 2 Gamestops for P2 Cloud, my first choice didn't get any so had to drive to another one (after calling them first to confirm they had extras) to pick it up. Also ended up picking up P1 Bayo, which is oddly the version I prefer.

Picked up P1 Corrin & P1 Cloud from Best Buy without any issues.

I'll grab the Inklings later down the line...

Vidiot

Picked up my Cloud and Beyonetta this morning and was able to get female Corrin on Amazon. Smash set finally complete! :)

Still hope the three exclusive Link's become more easily available though. I also really hope the chapions aren't a huge pain in the ass to obtain.

RootCause

Picked up my Cloud and Beyonetta this morning and was able to get female Corrin on Amazon. Smash set finally complete! :)

Still hope the three exclusive Link's become more easily available though. I also really hope the chapions aren't a huge pain in the ass to obtain.
Here's hoping Nintendo doesn't announce new characters for a switch version. :p

RedBoot

The ones I got today (both Corrins, P1 Cloud, P2 Bayo, and Inkling Girl) are the first ones I've gotten in a while (outside of finding one of the reprinted BOTW Zelda ones). Trying to slow down in general, I only have Chrom, Tiki, and Swag Bowser on order.

I am amused that when I decided, pre-Smash's release, to try and collect all the Fire Emblem amiibo, that I figured it wouldn't be too hard to accomplish. :/

LiK

CorrinP2 has 1-2 month wait now. altho I doubt it'll take that long. Ordered no problem. Looking forward to the JPN version next week lol

Btw, how do you guys have your Smash amiibo organized? By wave, franchise, Smash CSS order? Right now I have them by wave order but I need to reorganize them to make room for the new ones.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Btw, how do you guys have your Smash amiibo organized? By wave, franchise, Smash CSS order? Right now I have them by wave order but I need to reorganize them to make room for the new ones.
I try to go by franchises, i.e. have all Mario characters in one area together, Zelda in another, etc.

Piscus

By next Friday, I will have:
66 Smash Bros line amiibo (includes gold Mega Man and 4 different Mr. Game n Watches)
16 Animal Crossing line amiibo
15 Super Mario line amiibo
2 8-bit Mario line amiibo
5 Yarn Yoshi line amiibo
4 Kirby line amiibo
1 Pikmin amiibo (next week)
11 Splatoon line amiibo
2 Fire Emblem line amiibo
5 Breath of the Wild line amiibo
8 Legend of Zelda line amiibo
6 Monster Hunter Stories line amiibo
1 Shovel Knight amiibo
1 BoxBoy amiibo
1 Chibi-Robo amiibo
I have all of the remaining amiibo for the rest of the year locked down (unless they decide to announce MORE...). I think by year's end, I will have every one of them (except for the Skylanders crossovers).

edit: I have my amiibo in 10 different baseball bat cases that span two different walls. They all fit really nicely! After this year, though, I'll have to buy another...

I don't know why my dumbass didn't pre-order the P2 Cloud amiibo (considering I really wanted it), but now it seems I'm screwed. Went to my local Gamestop in the morning to grab one but they had no extras. Called all the other stores within reasonable distance and only one had an extra but sold out before I was able to get there. Really hope Nintendo produces more.

Between this and not getting any of the SDCC Funko pops I wanted, this has been a disappointing week for the collector in me =(

Zalman

Generally Smash CSS order, but I make some exceptions here and there. What I like about the Smash order is that the franchises are sorted chronologically (outside of the one-offs, which are used to fill out the lines when a franchise won't fit). Or at least, that was the idea before the DLC screwed it up.

LiK

Franchise of course. People who organize them by release wave triggers me.

a) Yay! Corrin joined my amiibo party! :D
b) I really need to dust my amiibos/amiibo shelf :s

DFR74u1WsAAONVn.jpg
I got P2 Corrin from GAME in the UK, so I'm kind of surprised peeps abroad have to wait for Amazon to get round to her: we're usually the last to get most things :eek:

Draxal

a) Yay! Corrin joined my amiibo party! :D
b) I really need to dust my amiibos/amiibo shelf :s

https://twitter.com/geminosity/status/888471260379971584
I got P2 Corrin from GAME in the UK, so I'm kind of surprised peeps abroad have to wait for Amazon to get round to her: we're usually the last to get most things :eek:

Amazon is awful now, easily the worst in the States.

Anyway, picked up cloud #2 and they had a twilight princess link .... I picked that up asap, zelda collection done for now.

KingBroly

Banned
Got my purchase in for Corrin, picked up Cloud P2 and Bayonetta P1 today. So...I'm done with the Smash line...hopefully.

Also, Corrin P2's platform on Amazon lists "Nintendo Switch." HMM

I ordered a book with it, so hopefully Amazon won't MANGLE it

LiK

Got my purchase in for Corrin, picked up Cloud P2 and Bayonetta P1 today. So...I'm done with the Smash line...hopefully.

Also, Corrin P2's platform on Amazon lists "Nintendo Switch." HMM

I ordered a book with it, so hopefully Amazon won't MANGLE it

I bet you it'll be shipped separately and it in bubble mailer.

So I didn't realize those Zelda anniversary amiibos came out last month and not today with the bayos, is there any hope of getting them or am I completely fucked?

LiK

So I didn't realize those Zelda anniversary amiibos came out last month and not today with the bayos, is there any hope of getting them or am I completely fucked?

The reprints only came out in Japan recently. You can find them easily from JPN resellers. Nothing for the West.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
So I'd love to know why my Corrin is showing as shipping out Monday and arriving Wednesday when I have two-day Prime shipping.

Amazon better not fuck with this

LiK

Any good sources for you? Playasia didn't have them in stock when I checked and I'm not real keen on paying 60 bucks for them each on ebay.

I ended up going to Amazon Japan and using a forwarding service. Still slightly cheaper than buying straight from eBay and Amazon US resellers from Japan.

So I'd love to know why my Corrin is showing as shipping out Monday and arriving Wednesday when I have two-day Prime shipping.

Mine is the same way.

Looks to be an error most likely but maybe they've got so many people trying to order these things that they have to delay shipping them so they can make sure they're in decent boxes.

Or maybe not lol

When I was on the Amazon app earlier all the items I seen with prime said delivery within 4 to 6 days. Not sure why it said that but my Corrin says delivery estimate is July 26th.

Edit: Now they're all two day again of course.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Same. Ordered inkling girl just to be shipped with Corrin. Amazon: "Nope!"

Please, Nintendo: stop giving Amazon exclusives.

It's funny, cause my Bayo from Best Buy came in earlier. The whole box is padded with air puffs. Amazon? "You only get TWO sheets!! They may deflate, too..."

Neiteio

So remember how I thought Best Buy had canceled my Bayo P2 because it had disappeared from my Orders page and my Shopping History, and so I ordered it again?

Yeah, well, today TWO Bayo P2s arrived. Turns out Best Buy's site didn't accurately reflect what I had ordered.

So now I have one out of the box on my shelf, but I don't know what to do with the other one. It's just sitting in its box in my closet.

Top Bottom