• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 8 | Expecting reprints? Too bad. Waluigi time.

ChrisD

My Callie and Marie box is all dinged up and I didn't think to check until getting home. :c I opened it, so it doesn't matter just a whole lot, but... Ugh.

I love the see-through type plastic used for their hats.

Now to wait on the three pack's separate pieces to be at an okay price online so I can get the Male Inkling.

I've got to pick up Calli and Mari from best buy tomorrow. I told myself this would be the last non-Smash Amiibo I would get, then they come out with this Waluigi madness. The kirby ones look really cool as well... Ugh.

Yarbskoo

I love it when I get a bunch of stuff in the mail all at once. It's like Christmas.
Y8zaW57.png

Callie and Marie look great. I really like the slightly translucent plastic on their hats and hair/tentacles. The glitter effect on their outfits works really well too.
xLDaRvr.png
u8chf3m.png

O6VzFpt.png
Es3TI2n.png

3rdEdge

I got Kicks and Celeste today for a little over $3 each. I like Animal Crossing but I didn't think I'd buy nearly the entire line of amiibo. (I only have Lottie and Timmy&Tommy left to go, might as well complete the set!) The prices are too good.

Callie and Marie arrived today as well...it's been a great day for amiibo!

I got Kicks and Celeste today for a little over $3 each. I like Animal Crossing but I didn't think I'd buy nearly the entire line of amiibo. (I only have Lottie and Timmy&Tommy left to go, might as well complete the set!) The prices are too good.

Callie and Marie arrived today as well...it's been a great day for amiibo!

I believe they OVER estimated the love for animal crossing in the west. All of the animal crossing amiibo i have seen are marked down to stupid prices, like £2/3 (which is about $2/3 with the current exchange value)

I believe its a combination of factors:

• Animal crossing amiibo festivile was terrible and unwanted/sold badly
  • No Main line animal crossing game for wii u :(
  • The Happy home designer focusing on the amiibo cards rather than the figures.
  • The amiibo cards also being a much better alternative to buy, store and use.

Qlep1RO.jpg

Callie and Marie came today. The box had absolutely no packaging in so it could have easily got heavily damaged but it didn't. I opened the box nicely though because I really like the Splatoon amiibo boxes.

Well, I went and packed up a bunch of Amiibos. I went from displaying ALL of them to pairing it down to some of my favorites, which got me to about 25. The Amiibo area now looks so much better and less cluttered and packed. I think every once in a while I'll rotate some of them out, but the rest are now wrapped and in a box in a closet.

Feels kind of nice, actually.

Going through them as I packed up, I had a few thoughts:

The new Kirby line looks ugly, and same with the Super Mario Bros line. As a whole, they are the worst.

Some of the Smash line looks ugly and are flimsy. Samus comes to mind as one that at first glance looks good, but in your hand is kind of bad. Same with almost all of the ones with swords (both Links, the Fire Emblem nobodies, etc).

I like the simplicity of the Pokemon ones. And, Smash Bowser looks so much better than his variant.

The Animal Crossing line are tiny, but they have a real weight to them. I think some of them are ugly because their in-game models are just bland and boringly designed, but some of them look great.

Rosalina looks like she's going to break at any second. She's probably the most delicate of all of them.

And, the gold/silver variants are kind of ugly when displayed.

That's all for now.

PtM

Banned
I got MarioPeach and MarioBowser because of looks or price, and they look pretty great. Peach has nice eyes and Bowser is just huge and cool (except for those breaks at his mouth, but what can you do). Plus I don't like those transparent support pieces.

Actually regret having got Wario now, I hadn't expected another iteration.

Jawmuncher

Sent Amazon an email about the prime discount. Still haven't seen it.

They gave me a 5.00 dollar refund on the item after I emailed them about it.

zroid

Banned
Ended up getting Tom Nook and Lottie because they were $5 each at Indigo.ca and I had a $10 gift card ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Yarbskoo

ssgmNDq.png

These amiibo dioramas are so cool except:

1. I don't have enough room for them. I wish they were stackable.

2. Now I need to get more Inklings for the Kelp Dome.

I love how many stickers they come with.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
ssgmNDq.png

These amiibo dioramas are so cool except:

1. I don't have enough room for them. I wish they were stackable.

2. Now I need to get more Inklings for the Kelp Dome.

I love how many stickers they come with.

Awesome! Mine are coming from AmiAmi later in the month
because Figuarts Ant-Man is holding it up due to releasing on July 30 now pls
! Can't wait!

Boogiepop

A final reminder that the amiibo card trading thread exists. It seems to have pretty much entirely dried up, so any fresh people interested would be great. But yeah, I'm like 20 from a complete set, and I think at this point I'm just going to buy them, so if anybody wants to trade with me it'd be preferable if you did it sooner rather than later!

(Also, really glad to be almost done with them. It was neat at the start, but as people have dropped off it's become a bit more of a hassle)

The_Kid

It anyone else's New Splatoon amiibos a little wobbley? The new 3 pack seems like it has less support, while Callie and Marie are just very wobbley.

Only reasoned I noticed was pulling them out of the packaging was a hassle.

PtM

Banned
It anyone else's New Splatoon amiibos a little wobbley? The new 3 pack seems like it has less support, while Callie and Marie are just very wobbley.

Only reasoned I noticed was pulling them out of the packaging was a hassle.
It would fit the motive, laughing out loud.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Bah, gonna be moving in a few weeks, but I need to figure out if I want to bother bringing the 50+ amiibo boxes that I've been hoarding in my closet....

Also need to figure out how to package my amiibo without risk of damaging them during the move. Don't just wanna throw them into a box.

PtM

Banned
Bah, gonna be moving in a few weeks, but I need to figure out if I want to bother bringing the 50+ amiibo boxes that I've been hoarding in my closet....

Also need to figure out how to package my amiibo without risk of damaging them during the move. Don't just wanna throw them into a box.
Wrap them in toilet paper.

Looks like the Callie and Marie Amiibos just unlock some kind of dance thing...?

What about the alternate colors for the Inklings and Squid - do they unlock anything different from the original colors of those Amiibos?

Honestly starting to consider selling off my amiibo collection. I own the entire Smash Bros. line (with the exception of the Mii characters and Famicom R.O.B), Toad, and the original Inkling Boy, Girl, and Squid.

I'm really disappointed at how underutilised they are in games. Either they're not used at all, or they unlock absolutely trivial content.

Of course, I'd be gutted if the NX comes out and starts using them a lot more, and in interesting ways.

I really wish Nintendo had released a Skylanders/Disney Infinity-esque game.

zigg

Well shit; now I'm having second thoughts. If I sold them all, and they released a massive heavy hitter with a huge emphasis on amiibo, I'd be kicking myself.
Well, they probably meant they'd be releasing all new amiibo rather than letting you use the old ones 😊

Top Bottom