• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

An Inside Look at Marvel’s Spider-Man

Glass

Spiderman Homecoming brought back my love for Spidey so hard; this will be the game which sells me a PS4

8lKB2Cja

JCxNPfyv

G34AoG3y

rtILzZM8

I hope there's a lot of indoor environments like is shown in the concept art.

So Bryan Intihar emphasized that they are listening to fans about the Web swinging and that it's already been sped up from the demo they showed at E3, should please a few people.

You're the first person I have read complain about the animations in Spider-Man PS4.

I see a pattern.

The Ubisoft pattern.

That being said, he wasn't entirely wrong about Days Gone's shooting lacking any form of kick to it.

The new bits and pieces look great. I really wish we got to see more. Definitive Spider-Man experience right here.

Best wishes.

WIP.

The swinging does it's the stiff blend to wall running take ruins it for me. The wallrunning in general seems weird to me as he seemingly ignores the geometry of every building, (did so on the crane as well in that QTE), but that's probably for playability.
If it's WIP then I don't see a need to be worried about the transition (tweet them, of course!) They did mention having increased his web swinging speed so they have to match the other traversal mechanics to that too now.

Just be careful, all this talk about seeing weight (or lack thereof) might get onemanasylum in here going on about how you can't see weight, only feel it (RIP all animators and action movie actors in the world).

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
I hope that means his suit can get damaged in the game and not just for concept art.

2017-07-1523_37_31-spt7kwl.png

Also i believe this is the first look at Kingpin and one of the early missions were Spidey takes him down.

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
Animations seems pretty much perfect imo, best I've seen in open world.
Arkham Knight and ACU exists and have better animation blending than what i've seen from this game so far. Spiderman seems to stop/switch between poses on a dime constantly and goes back to his default pose really quickly. Which, although he's spiderman and is supposed to feel nimble and look nimble, looks a bit stiff. Rewatched the e3 video to see more instances of this and the animation blending seems to be the culprit more so than the animations themselves. I'm not saying they're bad, but certainly not best in the open world genre right now.

If it's WIP then I don't see a need to be worried about the transition (tweet them, of course!) They did mention having increased his web swinging speed so they have to match the other traversal mechanics to that too now.
What worries me is that this is the same issue that pretty much every spiderman game has in the first place when it comes to animation in comparison to the Arkham series. Them speeding it up is a bit disappointing to hear but I understand it's likely for the sake of playability. Amazing Spiderman 2's opening sequence was great at conveying weight. and the Arkham games were pretty great at doing the same, (definitely not very naturalistic tho) for combat sequences with incredibly nimble characters who used more kicks than punches like Spiderman.

Just be careful, all this talk about seeing weight (or lack thereof) might get onemanasylum in here going on about how you can't see weight, only feel it (RIP all animators and action movie actors in the world).
Haha stahp.

Just a little joke man. But if you want my opinion, I think it looks fantastic. Not enough new footage for my liking though.
Three years of hearing the same joke for me=itstimetostop.gif

vivekTO

Arkham Knight and ACU exists and have better animation blending than what i've seen from this game so far. Spiderman seems to stop/switch between poses on a dime constantly and goes back to his default pose really quickly. Which, although he's spiderman and is supposed to feel nimble and look nimble, looks a bit stiff. Rewatched the e3 video to see more instances of this and the animation blending seems to be the culprit more so than the animations themselves. I'm not saying they're bad, but certainly not best in the open world genre right now.

I think You might be seeing some issue here n there cause you might have some animation background , just like me , I can nit pick something in there(like stretch leg during wall running transition , might be MB, can't say). but if you show this footage to anyone else , i am sure 90% will say the same "best animation i have seen" as i have heard that from others as well.

NinjaBoiX

Looks cool but the whole "the way people feel about Spider-Man in here (taps heart)" from the director was so cringe.

Bro, he's a comic book character who already has a load of different personas/storylines/IP's who's transposed into a whizzbang video game from a whizzbang Hollywood action movie.

I'm not playing Forrest Gump here.

Looks cool but the whole "the way people feel about Spider-Man in here (taps heart)" from the director was so cringe.

Bro, he's a comic book character who already has a load of different personas/storylines/IP's who's transposed into a whizzbang video game from a whizzbang Hollywood action movie.

I'm not playing Forrest Gump here.

The quote is "We understand what this character means to people in here (taps heart)" I don't see anything cringey about that. And I dunno about you, but Spider-Man is way more important to me then Forest Gump.

Gurish

What worries me is that this is the same issue that pretty much every spiderman game has in the first place when it comes to animation in comparison to the Arkham series. Them speeding it up is a bit disappointing to hear but I understand it's likely for the sake of playability. Amazing Spiderman 2's opening sequence was great at conveying weight. and the Arkham games were pretty great at doing the same, (definitely not very naturalistic tho) for combat sequences with incredibly nimble characters who used more kicks than punches like Spiderman.

Haha stahp.

Three years of hearing the same joke for me=itstimetostop.gif

AK's animations were also great, but not as smooth as in Spidey, they are just outstanding.

ACU? ROFL c'mon man, don't be ridiculous, not even close.

Top Bottom