• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ANCEL STILL CRYING Rayman Origins $19.99 at Toys R Us #bomba

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Maybe it's placebo but they felt different, control-wise. Nothing huge, mind, but in a game like this, even the slightest difference could improve precision.

Yeah, I know what you mean. I played most of the game as one of the Teensies (the badass one with the shades), and even though it's probably all in the my head, he does seem more nimble than Globox or Rayman.

SeanNoonan

Just finished the game (including the fantastic and intense Land of the Livid Dead levels) - probably one of the best platformers I've played and without a doubt Ubisoft's most solid and greatest title to date.

Bravo chaps, you did well with that one.

NHDave

Why did they launch this game during the Holiday season???!!!!!!! It even had to compete with Assassin's Creed: Revelations which is Ubisoft as well.......It got murdered by MW3 Gears, Batman etc etc and at $60 you just know it would get crushed....great game though.....

Stopped by Toys R Us on my way home from work tonight. Found the PS3 version sitting behind the glass with a Sale tag marked $19.99. It was weird though, it's not the normal store I visit and while it was cleaner and more organized, there were far fewer employees. Anyway, Rayman scanned $59.99 but I didn't say a word. The girl working the register hit the total button or something and it changed to $20. I look forward to playing it. How's the 4-person co-op, anyone try it?

Stopped by Toys R Us on my way home from work tonight. Found the PS3 version sitting behind the glass with a Sale tag marked $19.99. It was weird though, it's not the normal store I visit and while it was cleaner and more organized, there were far fewer employees. Anyway, Rayman scanned $59.99 but I didn't say a word. The girl working the register hit the total button or something and it changed to $20. I look forward to playing it. How's the 4-person co-op, anyone try it?

Yes the game scans at $60. When the total is pressed it says its a Promo Sale. Thats why not many people have bought it in store, thinking its only online. Also someone here says it scanned at $60, seems he didnt told the clerk to press Total for the $20 price tag.

This game is the most fun Ive played in my life since I was a child playing mario and other 2D platformers. And played it with a friend of mine and its so fun, he an I were arguing about who got the most Lums and had the picture taken as the Fat lady knight. I really hope they do a sequel and this sells a lot more than it deserves.

Basch

Right about now, I should be complaining to all the people who haven't bought it yet for not supporting such a great group of developers, but I myself haven't even picked it up yet. Loved Beyond Good and Evil, but I'm poor. I think I can part with $20, though. : )

Got my copy in the mail today, but they sent me the PS3 version when I had ordered the 360 version. I'll be stopping by Toy-R-Us tomorrow after work to get it sorted, would have liked to start it tonight.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
I'd but if only the 5.1 soundtrack worked on PS3.
Irks me that they didn't fix it.

EDIT: Scratch that, been informed both are stereo. extra channels are silent on 360 as well in discrete mode.
Purchase incoming.

I did the same thing monday and again on wed and the game is still sold out locally for me. If it's still sold out today, I may ask them to hold a copy for me, somehow. The lady said they get them via UPS in the mornings seperate from normal shipments. But she also said that the sale is good until the 28th so we have time.

MrDaravon

Never played a Rayman game before, but picked it up at this price today based on reviews and GAF/CAG not shutting up about how good it is. You guys better not disappoint :p

Finally came in the mail yesterday, hoping to sit down with it over the weekend. Between this and Super Mario 3D Land, I'll be in platforming heaven.

Grecco

Yes the game scans at $60. When the total is pressed it says its a Promo Sale. Thats why not many people have bought it in store, thinking its only online. Also someone here says it scanned at $60, seems he didnt told the clerk to press Total for the $20 price tag.

This game is the most fun Ive played in my life since I was a child playing mario and other 2D platformers. And played it with a friend of mine and its so fun, he an I were arguing about who got the most Lums and had the picture taken as the Fat lady knight. I really hope they do a sequel and this sells a lot more than it deserves.

Really? I had no idea. I got it scanned and it was 60. Ugh........... Should have picked it up. Is this still working?

MrDaravon

Really? I had no idea. I got it scanned and it was 60. Ugh........... Should have picked it up. Is this still working?

I just picked it up in-store about an hour ago. My store had a sign posted saying it was on sale, when it rings up it comes up at $59.99 but then pops up PROMO $19.99. You should be fine.

see5harp

Gamestop is oferring $7 in credit for this game. That is pathetic especially because there can't be that many copies floating around.

This has me curious as to what is the lowest selling game of 2011 (in a fair first week or month scale).

Could it be Rayman Origins?

Foffy

Banned
This has me curious as to what is the lowest selling game of 2011.

I would be so mad...

Knowing Ubi, that means we'll just get more awful Rabbid games, or more Assassin's Creed games. I really hope this doesn't fuck with Ancel's future plans with the next Rayman game he's hinted at.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
This has me curious as to what is the lowest selling game of 2011.

Eh, I depends on your criteria. If you're including all retail games releases in 2011, there are probably dozens of shovelware titles that sold a fraction of that.

How did Shadows of the Damned sell in it's first month? I recall it being pretty damn low, too.

Eh, I depends on your criteria. If you're including all retail games releases in 2011, there are probably dozens of shovelware titles that sold a fraction of that.

How did Shadows of the Damned sell in it's first month? I recall it being pretty damn low, too.

see5harp

A fitting punishment for anyone foolish enough to trade this game to Gamestop.

Better with them than sitting on my shelf. I will never play this game again. I loved at least 3 songs and will always remember them but I've done everything there is to do with the game and it's only been 5 days.

Deadstar

Now I understand why Ancel is crying so deeply. This game is absolutely amazing. I didn't know platformers could be this good. I would not have picked this up if it wasn't $20 because I knew nothing about it, but man is this a fun game.

wouwie

Rayman Origins ranks amongst my top games from this generation. It is a near perfect blend of visuals, music, controls and gameplay. It saddens me to know that this didn't sell well and we will probably never see a sequel. And i'm not convinced that the unfortunate release date was to blame. The general preception amongst gamers seems to be that this type of game is simple not worth paying full price for. Which is crazy because it is so fun and has so much heart and soul to it. I'm still playing it and keep coming back to it.

Anyone remotely interested in platform games should at least check out the demo. You will not be dissapointed.

The more this game lowers in price, the sadder I get. : (

Rayman Origins really is a top quality game that deserves much more commercial attention.

PokéKong

I can see this game becoming significantly bigger through word of mouth in the long run, but it is still unbelievable how quickly the price plummeted. They should've given it just a little more of a chance.

ced

PokéKong;34248161 said:
I can see this game becoming significantly bigger through word of mouth in the long run, but it is still unbelievable how quickly the price plummeted. They should've given it just a little more of a chance.

The recent word of mouth success is due to the $20 price I would think.

Deadstar

To be honest I really don't care for Rayman and although the game looked cool in screenshots I did not have any clue just HOW good it looked. It is beyond amazing. This game should have come out during the summer when nothing else was out. It would have blown up. Fantastic game but I heard really no buzz about it and didn't even know what it was.

TheNatural

My Member!
I have a $5 off code from Rewards R Us for points I got from buying a Wii last month. If anyone has any Club Nintendo codes they don't want I'll trade. :p

Lol at people in this thread.

"Just got this game for $20 absolutely love it! Best game this gen!

"I can't believe this is selling so poorly, shame on people for not buying it"

"I hope this does well enough for them to make a similar sequel"

No it won't do well for a sequel because you all waited to buy it for cheap lol.

I did the same thing though, got it last week for $20. I'm honestly just amazed/content they made this game to begin with.

TheNatural

My Member!

No it won't do well for a sequel because you all waited to buy it for cheap lol.

I did the same thing though, got it last week for $20. I'm honestly just amazed/content they made this game to begin with.

It's worth it for $20, not $50 or $60 though, I think that's the point. No matter how great the game is.

Would you pay $60 for Super Meat Boy, World of Goo, Limbo, etc is the best comparison.

DominoKid

orrrrrrr they could just price the sequel properly. nobody's paying 60 bucks for a 2D platformer unless its Mario.

It's worth it for $20, not $50 or $60 though, I think that's the point. No matter how great the game is.

Would you pay $60 for Super Meat Boy, World of Goo, Limbo, etc is the best comparison.

So far, Rayman Origins is a much longer game than any of the others you mentioned(well I only played the World of Goo demo).

Also, SMB has such a cheap artstyle(which still looks good to me mind you), but not something to akin a $60 game.

I'd agree though, that Rayman shouldn't have been $60, maybe $40 or so instead.

TheNatural

My Member!
So far, Rayman Origins is a much longer game than any of the others you mentioned(well I only played the World of Goo demo).

Also, SMB has such a cheap artstyle(which still looks good to me mind you), but not something to akin a $60 game.

I'd agree though, that Rayman shouldn't have been $60, maybe $40 or so instead.

How can you tell they're longer? Super Meat Boy is difficult as FUCK.

Anyway, it really doesn't matter, the point just is that this type of game doesn't tend to fly at full retail no matter how creative or good it is because of what it is.

How can you tell they're longer? Super Meat Boy is difficult as FUCK.

Anyway, it really doesn't matter, the point just is that this type of game doesn't tend to fly at full retail no matter how creative or good it is because of what it is.

Yea SMB is difficult as fuck, especially towards the later parts of the game, but still it's a different game than Rayman is, it's a platformer in it's most basic form.

Also, Rayman has more replay value in a sense of collectibles and whatnot.

Though yea, I agree releasing this type of game for $60 is asking too much, especially for the 360/PS3 audience.

Ubi should have waited and released it now or in the spring, or summer. Ubisoft is a bunch of dumb fucks thats for sure.

see5harp

Personally I spent a lot more time getting through Super Meat Boy than I did getting 100% in Rayman and to this day I haven't beaten all of the Dark World or free downloadable levels. I don't think Rayman is worth $60, but at $20 I would have reccomended the game to everyone I know. How they can even make a coop game and not include online coop and still charge $60 is absolutely insane IMO.

Top Bottom