• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ANCEL STILL CRYING Rayman Origins $19.99 at Toys R Us #bomba

Ubersnug

There should be a new gaming law put in place which decrees that:

Every self respecting gamer should have this game in their collection.

Game is far too good than it has any right to be, plus DAT HAND DRAWN GRAPHICS!!!

dangeROSS

Wow, has there really been that few 2D platformers in the last 20 years?

Not there hasn't been many 2D sidescrollers, just that Rayman Origins has that old School charm. But as time went on, I feel the game switched gears and ended up feeling more like Meatboy to me. Which I'm not a fan of. I collected all the teeth before finishing the main game, and just beat the Livid dead level and boss. Holy crap. It was just not enjoyable at all. Trial and error platforming just frustrates the heck out of me. And now I went back and tried playing through the main game and got to a the final level chase scene. I gave up for now. I feel that all the positive aspects I've had with the game have come close to being overshadowed by the frustration at some parts.

RawPower

Banned
I loved this game to death. At the very least, I prefer it to the original 2D Rayman. The latter was too hard for my tastes.

Flink

I know I am in the minority, but I cannot stand the music in this game. It's entirely too goofy, and the stupid sped up voices grate on me like no other.

One of the few games I would likely love, but simply cannot play because the music simply irritates me that much.

How hard is this game in co-op?

NSMBWii for instance was unplayable in coop with my gf who doesn't have much experience with platformers... we love Kirby's epic Yarn and finished it but NSMBWii was too hard for her, how bout this one?

bridegur

I know I am in the minority, but I cannot stand the music in this game. It's entirely too goofy, and the stupid sped up voices grate on me like no other.

One of the few games I would likely love, but simply cannot play because the music simply irritates me that much.

What a shame. The game's soundtrack is one of the few that's really stood out to me in the last few years. I think it matches the visuals perfectly.

Psy-Phi

Rayman is such an unappealing character. Couldn't have hurt to tack on a new IP.

I dig Rayman; but I have nostalgia for him. As do my sisters who played the old ass ones with me. They were more excited than I was when I told them a new Rayman game was coming, and that it was a sidescroller like the first one we played.

How a new person reacts to Rayman? I dunno. But I'm sure glad this is a Rayman game.

How hard is this game in co-op?

NSMBWii for instance was unplayable in coop with my gf who doesn't have much experience with platformers... we love Kirby's epic Yarn and finished it but NSMBWii was too hard for her, how bout this one?

I'm playing this with my 9-year-old daughter and we're having a blast! Some parts are too difficult for her and I finish those sections on my own, and some levels are challenging even with both of us, but it's not that tough. Go for it, it really is a fun game. And we both love the music.

Xander51

I'm glad that Ubi is giving this a chance on other platforms this year. Looking forward to picking it up at the launch of the Vita.

Chairman Yang

if he talks about books, you better damn well listen
I was thinking of the PC version, but since the game runs at 1080p/60 FPS anyways, I might just go with a console version. Any differences between the 360/PS3 incarnations?

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
I guess Nofi said the Vita version is gorgeous. I can't wait to see some direct screen caps for the Vita screenshot thread.

Top Bottom