• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rayman Origins PC - March 29 - Retail copy no DRM, Steam copy no 3rd party DRM

V_Ben

Banned
https://twitter.com/#!/RaymanGame/status/162581052601274368

Many of you were asking for it, it's now official: Rayman Origins will be available on PC on March 29th!

AkGamx_CEAAX_d6.png:large

Yeah, that's really all the details. Still, sweet!

Update;

Cherry on the cake, if you pre-order it online, you will receive a free downloadable copy of Rayman 2! http://www.ubishop.com/raymanoriginspc

Also, the price of the PC version is £19.99 over here. That's actually sensible, well done Ubi.

Update 2: Electric Boogaloo;

https://twitter.com/#!/NateHawke/status/162581481074601984

We're announcing Rayman Origins for PC right the hell now! Also, retail versions will have NO DRM. None, zero, zip. Ohemgee!

Weenerz

Banned
PC brothers and sisters, do not support Ubisoft, do not buy this game. I don't care if it's good, they don't deserve your money.

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
Absolutely fantastic games, but before the hype train leaves the station: Ubisoft DRM.

Ken

Very cool, but aren't a ton of other games also coming out in March? Hate to see the same thing happen to this release that happened to the console release (coming out on the same day as SR3, AC: R, etc.,).

catabarez

I sorta wanna double dip on this... I mean I did get the Xbox one for only 20 bucks.

I also like how a bunch of people complained about this when it wasn't announced for PC and now are complaining about it being from Ubisoft.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Very cool, but aren't a ton of other games also coming out in March? Hate to see the same thing happen to this release that happened to the console release (coming out on the same day as SR3, AC: R, etc.,).

Max Payne 3. Oh, wait...

Des0lar

will learn eventually
I want Rayman.

I don't want Ubishit DRM.

FML.

Oh the decision will be easier, if it isn't released on Steam.

VALIS

I sorta wanna double dip on this... I mean I did get the Xbox one for only 20 bucks.

Yeah, me too. I won't double dip unless there's something unique about it. Also, it won't have achievements or stats since Ubi doesn't do that on Steam. :p

Omikaru

I'm cautious about the DRM (it's bound to be utter dogshit), but I'm glad I waited this one out on the consoles. If the DRM sucks, I think I can hold off on this for a bit longer.

Oh the decision will be easier, if it isn't released on Steam.
Have Ubisoft not released any of their recent "core" PC games on Steam? I think it's a safe bet this'll be on there too.

dr_rus

Lol Ubisoft. At least this time you haven't announced it to release on the same day as console versions first.

JaseC

It's still annoying and useless as fuck.

Arguably, yes. However, from my perspective, hitting "Play" in the Uplay launcher is merely just one more button, and the achievement points earned in-game are useful insofar that they can be used to purchase content.

Davidion

Both points of contention are arguable. :p From my perspective, hitting "Play" in the Uplay launcher is merely just one more button, and the achievement points earned in-game are useful insofar that they can be used to purchase content.

It's really the potential server outages that can stop people from playing that irks, I think. The one extra step isn't really the meat of the issue.

Kifimbo

PR.

ENTER THE MAGICAL UNIVERSE OF RAYMAN® ORIGINS ON PC
Pre-Order Rayman Origins on PC from any online retailer for a free downloadable copy of Rayman 2

MONTRÉAL – January 26, 2012 – Today, Ubisoft® announced that Rayman® Origins will be available on PC on March 29th, 2012. Fifteen years after the first launch of Rayman, players can discover or rediscover the legendary 2D gameplay that captured the hearts of millions of fans.

Rayman is invoked by the Fairy Council to save the Glade of Dream from “nefurrious” Darktoons. To help him, he teams up with his best friend, Globox, and two crafty wizards, the Teensies.

Players can control Rayman in the solo campaign, or have up to three friends join in or leave any time the game as Globox or as one of the two Teensies in the offline multiplayer mode using four controllers on one computer. There are 60 vast levels of 2D platforming gameplay to explore suited for all ages and all playing styles. Players can unlock new abilities progressively and return to previous levels to discover new paths and secrets.

Rayman Origins PC will be available in retail stores and as well as on e-shops and Ubishop. Fans who pre-order Rayman Origins PC through any e-shop will receive a free downloadable copy of Rayman®2.

Ubishop link: www.ubishop.com/raymanoriginspc

Minimum configuration

OS: Windows® XP SP3 / Windows Vista® SP2 / Windows® 7 SP1
Processor: Intel Pentium IV 3.00 Ghz or AMD Athlon64 3000+ @ 1.8 Ghz
Memory: 1 GB Windows XP / 1.5 GB Windows Vista – Windows 7
Graphics: 128 MB DirectX®9 / Radeon X600XT or GeForce 6800GT
DirectX®: DirectX 9.0c or higher
Sound: DirectX 9.0-compliant sound card

Recommended configuration

OS: Windows® XP SP3 / Windows Vista® SP2 / Windows® 7 SP1
Processor: Intel Core2Duo E4400 @ 2.00 Ghz or AMD Athlon64X2 3800+ @ 2.00Ghz
Memory: 2 GB Windows XP / Vista / Windows 7
Graphics: 256 MB DirectX®9 / Radeon HD 2600XT or GeForce 8600GT
DirectX®: DirectX 9.0c or higher
Sound: DirectX 9.0-compliant sound card

JaseC

Oh shit!

https://twitter.com/#!/NateHawke/status/162581481074601984

Wow. Will probably get it at retail now. But I wonder if the Steam version will have any added DRM (on top of Steam's), or if they'll just use Steam's own DRM for it? Bodes well for none of the bullshit we've seen recently, though.

I doubt the game will utilise Steamworks, however from the phrasing it'll most certainly be tethered to the Steam client.

We're announcing Rayman Origins for PC right the hell now! Also, retail versions will have NO DRM. None, zero, zip. Ohemgee!
This is Ubisoft right?

Wow that's crazy. Hope you PC guys buy this in droves to offset the horrible console sales.

Lijik

Looks like I'll be buying this game three times after all.

Well done Ubisoft, now release the UbiArt Framework tools and I'll be fully satisfied.

JaseC

It's really the potential server outages that can stop people from playing that irks, I think. The one extra step isn't really the meat of the issue.

Again, that's related to Ubi's DRM, not Uplay itself. Server outages didn't hinder my experience of AC: Revelations outside of saves being temporarily stored locally.

I know, but I still hate it. So useless, just make you're games Steamworks Ubi.

Good luck with that. :p

Top Bottom