• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch Preorder Thread (U.S.)

FedEx is supposed to ship my Switch tomorrow, but it appears that its in a same-named town in the next state over. The town is a little over an hour away. Did they screw up my delivery or is there a chance that theyll deliver it to the right town tomorrow?

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
FedEx is supposed to ship my Switch tomorrow, but it appears that its in a same-named town in the next state over. The town is a little over an hour away. Did they screw up my delivery or is there a chance that theyll deliver it to the right town tomorrow?
Should be alright, but if you're still worried you can always sign up for a FedEx account on their site and use their Delivery Manager. It auto populates all deliveries scheduled to your address under your name. Should also show you your address as the delivery address for the package when you track it logged in on the site.

So my Switch from Walmart was shipped via Lasership. Tracking indicates that it was delivered today. My girlfriend was home at the time of delivery and nobody rang. It's nowhere to be found in or around my building. I even checked neighboring buildings.

Walmart won't look into it without a police report because this is a "high fraud item." A police report for a missing $300 item. Police will laugh right in my face if I call them about a missing package in my area. I filed a dispute with PayPal and hope they'll actually help me out.

I would not recommend purchasing this from Walmart if you have any concerns about delivery. I don't usually shop there, and will never order anything from them again. My other Switch had gone missing for a day. Not only was Amazon willing to help, they issued me a credit without me even expressing discontent. Take notes, Walmart.

Lasership sucks. They always do that , sometimrs they say it was delivered but they never went to our place that day , only the next day. Same thing with "nobody was at home".
You might still get it today

RootCause

Still waiting for my shipping confirmation. Been stuck on shipping soon.

On an unrelated note. My Horizon copy is scheduled to arrive today, but the status hasn't been updated since March 1. I'm starting to get worried. :/

So I preordered the switch from Gamestop. It shipped like Thursday or Friday and is expected for delivery today. Is it weird that I haven't been charged yet? There was a pre-authorization holding charge like last week but it fell off. There's no charge for the switch in my transaction history. Will it come after it's delivered?

Lexxon

Final-ish report from a dude who preordered 6 switches for himself and his friends:

Best Buy: One in-store, one shipping. Shipped copy got in around 11AM via UPS, very early. Pickup no problem, as well as the pickup for BotW Master Edition, Pro Controller, etc. Free shipping.

Amazon: One shipped, arrived at the same time as the BB Switch. No problem. Free prime shipping.

Target: Shipped on Thursday via UPS 3 Day Select. I don't remember if I had other shipping options (this one was free), but this one was originally slated for Tuesday arrival, now slated for today (Monday). Meh. But I did get RedCard discount.

Walmart: FedEx or Walmart really goofed this one up. I did two orders. First, the shipped one: Walmart sent me a shipped email early Friday morning. The email stated the 9th as the "get it by" date, but the actual email said overnight by end of way on the 3rd. FedEx claimed this all the way through MIDWAY THROUGH SATURDAY, finally went to 'pending' after the system was still half the country away a day late, and is now claiming delivery for today.

The in-store pickup one is maddening. So I know via BrickSeek that this WalMart got 55 gray Switches. However, apparently when you pre-order for store pickup at WalMart, you're not pre-ordering one of their local stock, but they're shipping one from their online warehouse, ON FRIDAY, and you have to wait for it to get in. As of now it's still "By Thursday" and I don't know when it will actually be available, although the site's tracker says it's a town over so hopefully today. I don't know if this was their intent, but I did get an apology email for the delays and I should be getting a $20 gift card.

Moral of the story: Amazon and Best Buy did well for me, despite others having issues. Best Buy store pickup seems like the most reliable way to go, they actually do it right. Never use Walmart for time-sensitive items. Target may have been more about the shipping type, but still, don't expect free release day shipping.

Weevilone

I got a confirmation email last night from Walmart. It confirms that my switch preorder will arrive on time by 8PM March 3.

Thanks Wally World.

i purchased a bundle from GameStop and they sent me a shipping notice on Friday with an expected delivery date of today. But it never came. The shipping notice hasn't updated beyond "order processed-ready for ups"
I guess UPS hasn't received the package yet but it's been three days now and still no update on my shipping tracking :-(

co1onel

Still waiting on my walmart order to ship. CS is telling me it will ship by 3/7, but I have a hard time believing anything they say at this point.

CornDogg

So I preordered the switch from Gamestop. It shipped like Thursday or Friday and is expected for delivery today. Is it weird that I haven't been charged yet? There was a pre-authorization holding charge like last week but it fell off. There's no charge for the switch in my transaction history. Will it come after it's delivered?

I don't have an answer, but I'm in the same boat. My Switch (also pre-ordered from Gamestop) was delivered today, and I still haven't been charged for it. I had the authorization hold last week that fell off after a few days, but not the actual charge.

Edit - the charge is now showing as of this morning, 3/7.

Now I'm nervous, and kinda pissed off. First I didn't get my launch day switch, it didn't ship until Thursday, so I had to wait all weekend until today, and it says its gonna be here today, so I call in to have them hold the package, because I don't want it to sit on my porch, so they call back and confirm it will be there today, its sitting in Anchorage, a mere 300 miles away, will come in on the plane, and I can pick it up after 1. Good. I go in at 4, suddenly for some reason it didn't make it on the plane. She says it will be here for sure tomorrow, but for some reason its not here.

What the fuck. I know I sound like a fucking spoiled ass American, but jesus christ. Everyone around me except for me, had gotten theirs. Fuck Amazon, I'm done with you, next time I'm just gonna go to the store early.

LowParry

Anyone preorder from Amazon and still waiting on shipment?

I actually just got mine today when it was suppose to show up last Friday.

What the fuck. I know I sound like a fucking spoiled ass American, but jesus christ. Everyone around me except for me, had gotten theirs. Fuck Amazon, I'm done with you, next time I'm just gonna go to the store early.

I think the lesson learned from all of this is to purchase locally with new systems. I don't think Amazon was at fault with this (though some of the blame goes to their CS reps thinking the system was arriving one day, only to find out they were wrong). Supply issue? Too many pre-orders? Who knows.

My order is finally in transit and is showing a rescheduled delivery date for tomorrow!!! I'm so excited!!! I really hope it arrives tomorrow and it's all in good condition. I know these are scarce at the moment, so I'm hoping for no defects as well. I guess I'll find out tomorrow!

Another day without shipping. I don't think I'll be getting it this week either. :/

I see. How long does it usually take?

For games etc, it usually ships on launch day and takes 3-5 days. Sometimes it doesn't ship on launch day though.

With normal stuff, I've noticed it now doesn't even ship until a week later or longer.

dVeLoPe

so out of 170 pages ive only seen 1 actual screen image..

we should start a thread or poll on what color temps everyones getting

RootCause

My switch got shipped! 🎉 😊

For games etc, it usually ships on launch day and takes 3-5 days. Sometimes it doesn't ship on launch day though.

With normal stuff, I've noticed it now doesn't even ship until a week later or longer.
The video game part doesn't sound too bad. The normal stuff. :0

is it the same for prime members?

co1onel

I can't believe it finally arrived. The nightmare is over, ontrac actually delivered. Good luck to any of you still waiting

I purchased a preorder through a gaffer who told me shipment has been delayed until tomorrow or the next day.

I can't believe Amazon would screw this up so badly. I'm starting to get there sinking filling that it won't actually ship :(

SSPssp

My Switch arrived from Amazon yesterday finally. Of course I just got a shipping notification and tracking today, lol.

My friend's Zelda copy shipped today, but the console itself for him remains in preparing for shipment lol.

I'm wondering how long it will be. I pre-ordered Jan 13 too.

RootCause

Just got mine delivered by ups. :)

My friend's Zelda copy shipped today, but the console itself for him remains in preparing for shipment lol.

I'm wondering how long it will be. I pre-ordered Jan 13 too.
is it still preparing? Mine stayed like that for 4 days, then shipping soon, and a hour later got shipped.

Just got mine delivered by ups. :)

is it still preparing? Mine stayed like that for 4 days, then shipping soon, and a hour later got shipped.

Is been preparing for shipping since March 2. It went to shipping soon a couple of times then not yet shipped and back again to preparing for shipment. A couple hours ago, it says finally shipping today. But I'll believe it when I see a tracking number

RootCause

Is been preparing for shipping since March 2. It went to shipping soon a couple of times then not yet shipped and back again to preparing for shipment. A couple hours ago, it says finally shipping today. But I'll believe it when I see a tracking number
Sorry for the late reply. Hope you got your system. :)

Top Bottom