• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Andrew Breitbart has died

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agreed. And let's agree that those who kill people through drunken negligence deserve less praise and sympathy than those who do not.

I think it's worse to advocate for wars that kill thousands of innocents and smear and destroy organizations that keep people from losing their homes but maybe that's just me.

castiel_gif_by_lucialacrimabundus-d3541ee.gif

Natural causes. That is so over-played nowdays, natural causes this, natural causes that...what next...cause "unknown"? Ahah

BFIB

Josh Marshall of Talking Points Memo wrote a poignant piece about Breitbart today - http://talkingpointsmemo.com/archives/2012/03/breitbart_rip.php?ref=fpblg

Like many here I disagreed vehemently with his politics and how he conducted his journalism, but it doesn't detract from the suddenness of his death and the pain in the loved ones he left behind.

This is a great way to sum it up. I hate both parties when it comes to the extreme, but sadly, it seems you have to be this way at all to get any points across in politics today.

I do feel for his family, 43 it is quite unexpected.

Kosmo

Banned
I think it's worse to advocate for wars that kill thousands of innocents and smear and destroy organizations that keep people from losing their homes but maybe that's just me.

When it comes down to it, Breitbart was nothing more than a windbag. He had no power in government, so to equate his ramblings with somehow actually being responsible for those wars, is crazy.

Dyno

castiel_gif_by_lucialacrimabundus-d3541ee.gif

Natural causes. That is so over-played nowdays, natural causes this, natural causes that...what next...cause "unknown"? Ahah

Haven't read the whole thread. Dying at 43 isn't natural at all. What the fuck did this guy die of? Unless it's some kind of congenial heart defect then nature had nothing to do with it.

benjipwns

Banned
Not really. Ann Coulter is an intentionally inflammatory troll. Breitbart simply had anger and control issues.
Breitbart didn't have anger or control issues. He was not only intentionally but publicly declared he was an inflammatory troll.

Coulter just pretends she isn't.

When it comes down to it, Breitbart was nothing more than a windbag. He had no power in government, so to equate his ramblings with somehow actually being responsible for those wars, is crazy.

You are drastically underplaying the influence of said windbags on the republican electorate, and even elected republican officials directly.

You mean to tell me that the James O'Keefe thing wasn't an intentionally inflammatory troll job? Or the manufactured Shirley Sherrod "scandal"?

The Sherrod thing was just crazy. Whatever credibility he had with whomever he had it should have been ruined, but that whole thing didn't even put a dent in his armor. That just shows how demented things have become.

Dude Abides

Banned
Agreed. And let's agree that those who kill people through drunken negligence deserve less praise and sympathy than those who do not.

What will be the verdict on GWB? The drunken may or may not apply, but the negligence certainly does. Ok to trash him after his death?

You mean to tell me that the James O'Keefe thing wasn't an intentionally inflammatory troll job? Or the manufactured Shirley Sherrod "scandal"?

The two aren't quite the same. Coulter strikes me as a genuine conservative who plays up the heartless stereotype and vile rhetoric to enrage liberals. James O'Keefe is a man whose life revolves around deceiving fellow conservatives for the political gain. Breitbart has always struck me as an impulsive man who angers easily, but is also happy to deceive other conservatives for political gain.

Breitbart didn't have anger or control issues. He was not only intentionally but publicly declared he was an inflammatory troll.

Coulter just pretends she isn't.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R4od4QQVK1o

Keep in mind Breitbart was just previously drinking just before the events of his lashing out at the protesters.

benjipwns

Banned
The two aren't quite the same. Coulter strikes me as a genuine conservative who plays up the heartless stereotype and vile rhetoric to enrage liberals.
lol
Keep in mind Breitbart was just previously drinking just before the events of his lashing out at the protesters.
Breitbart regularly went out drinking with NYC conservatives when he was in town, him wandering down to OWS and being a dick isn't anything shocking imo.

lol

Breitbart regularly went out drinking with NYC conservatives when he was in town, him wandering down to OWS and being a dick isn't anything shocking imo.

Breitbart being strung out and easily excited is not a particularly contested fact.

There weren't any war crimes.

Nice

War rape and desecrating corpses are war crimes that happened under the Iraq war are war crimes. Some of them were tried, others weren't.

Edit: Hell we've personally tried, convicted and hanged Japanese during World War II for water boarding, which at the time was considered torture and a war crime.

For those of who you saying people like Brietbart have no real 'harmful effect or power', maybe you should refresh your memory and watch the below video. Just an example of the many fake 'controversies' Breitbart knowingly and falsely pushed with the goal of defamation and hate-mongering, knowing it was a lie but doing it anyway. The clip in question was edited by him publicized in a blatantly deceitful manner, as a smear job with despicable racial intentions, with large repercussions.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/07/21/rachel-maddow-white-house_n_654134.html

It is always a good day when a disgusting capitalist pig dog becomes worm food.

But seriously, this guy led concerted campaigns to harm and disenfranchise the poor and marginalized in society. America is a measurably better place with him dead.

I mean individual criminal acts of certain soldiers that occurred during war, using "war crimes" is a loaded term *snip*

Sorry, that argument doesn't fly with me. Just because you define war crimes as The Holocaust doesn't change the fact that they are legally war crimes. They fall under the definition of war crimes. War crimes occurred under the Bush administration during the war in Iraq. The war in and of itself can be considered an illegal war of aggression. We have previously convicted Japanese soldiers in WWII for waterboarding U.S. P.O.W.s, an act we considered torture and a war crime.

War crimes happened.

Fari

The Stormfront thread on this is interesting because they're torn between their support of his politics and the fact that he was a Jew.

SD-Ness

It's terribly sad when anyone dies - minus monsters like Qaddafi, Bin Laden.

The guy on one hand was kind of entertaining and amusing. But he really came off like a prick to me. And it's just pretty hard to empathize with him. Sure, Michael Moore is cheaply partisan as well but I don't feel he's as much of an ass. But perhaps that's just my liberal bias preventing me from seeing reality!

Anyway, this is probably what the Oval Office looks like today:

Elnru.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom