• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Andrew Garfield is "The Amazing Spider-Man" (official title)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blader

Angelus Errare said:
CG hands! cause real hands look outta place!

It's the new in thing.

When the character is supposed to be missing a hand? Yeah, a real one would look out of place.

diunxx

B.K. said:
I wonder why they've got that green glove on his hand? Going to add in a CGI lizard hand?

uhhhh its pretty obvious that they are going to digitally remove his hand.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Extollere said:
Actually, the outfit doesn't really look all that bad - but it is a little strange how skinny he looks in it
To me that's exactly how Spider-Man should be. He should be a lanky guy. Basically, the spider powers give him a great amount of power in a thin, tight package. He should be fit, of course, but not jacked up or anything. That doesn't make sense.

Extollere

Sucks at poetry
I know this is a reboot... but, this isn't going to be an origins story, right? Hopefully when the movie starts Spider-man is already established and doin his thing. I don't wanna waste a quarter of the movie on another shitty origins story.

G-Fex

Extollere said:
I know this is a reboot... but, this isn't going to be an origins story, right? Hopefully when the movie starts Spider-man is already established and doin his thing. I don't wanna waste a quarter of the movie on another shitty origins story.

That was what was great about the original Batman 89 movie. No origin story, just a flashback to cover it.

raphier

Banned
Blader5489 said:
When the character is supposed to be missing a hand? Yeah, a real one would look out of place.
you could...you know, just hide it? No point of putting the hand into costume hole if you don't have it.

I'm just gonna assume that his crotch was too prominent in the costume when left undirtied, and it's propably just an intermediary step that de-accentuates the shadows his junk casts. Maybe it looks better to artificially re-add color than artificially de-emphasize the oultine of his balls and wang.

B.K.

Extollere said:

I believe that the leaked treatment said that
the origin story is just going to be a quick montage at the beginning and the rest of the movie will be him as Spiderman.
But who knows if that treatment was real or not.

Replicant

dqqfyq.jpg

2s16rsj.jpg
xbh95e.jpg

2w4jn8o.jpg

28u4lzs.jpg

BDCasbox

Neo Member
After that mess they call "Spiderman 3", I don't see how it could get worst. I like almost every actor in this so I'm really excited for this one.

bengraven

I don't think it matters how nerdy he is, every woman at that school would be rubbing their vaginas up and down his back in science class.

This is going to be one of those very looong stretches to believe he's a complete nerd with no friends.

beelzebozo

Jealous Bastard
bengraven said:
I don't think it matters how nerdy he is, every woman at that school would be rubbing their vaginas up and down his back in science class.

This is going to be one of those very looong stretches to believe he's a complete nerd with no friends.

he should have a secret group of friends who hide in a chamber down a tunnel that is disguised as a locker. and they have secret codenames.

also, you feel secretly attracted to him and are battling with this.

Dat dirdy dik.

I look at these shots and think: This is what Spiderman would look like if he were in real life without all the post-pro and cinematic lighting.

bengraven said:

Something you should realize about Parker is that he was a nerd out of circumstance. While he was interested in science, he couldn't spend much time with the cool kids because he didn't have the money nor the time to. His life was basically taking care of his aunt, fighting crime and studying his ass off to get a scholarship to a decent college. So I don't think it's particularly important to have an average looking Peter Parker, especially since after Ditko left, every subsequent artist made him pretty damn good looking. It's his character that's important.

Something that Raimi's Peter Parker was missing was that Peter was actually a pretty smart kid even out of his costume and he would often make witty remarks that would fly over the heads of most students, but stick with the reader. Nor was he awkward and clumsy like Peter Maguire. I was going to write a rant after I saw his skateboard pictures, but after thinking about it, I thought it would be something Peter probably would have learned today given that he's always trying to get to places faster and can't afford a car.

xbh95e.jpg

Something I don't understand about this is that if it's not an origin movie, then how is Ben in it?

bengraven

beelzebozo said:
he should have a secret group of friends who hide in a chamber down a tunnel that is disguised as a locker. and they have secret codenames.

also, you feel secretly attracted to him and are battling with this.

He makes me feel kind of funny.

Salvor.Hardin said:
Something you should realize about Parker is that he was a nerd out of circumstance. While he was interested in science, he couldn't spend much time with the cool kids because he didn't have the money nor the time to. His life was basically taking care of his aunt, fighting crime and studying his ass off to get a scholarship to a decent college. So I don't think it's particularly important to have an average looking Peter Parker, especially since after Ditko left, every subsequent artist made him pretty damn good looking. It's his character that's important.

Something that Raimi's Peter Parker was missing was that Peter was actually a pretty smart kid even out of his costume and he would often make witty remarks that would fly over the heads of most students, but stick with the reader. Nor was he awkward and clumsy like Peter Maguire. I was going to write a rant after I saw his skateboard pictures, but after thinking about it, I thought it would be something Peter probably would have learned today given that he's always trying to get to places faster and can't afford a car.

xbh95e.jpg

Something I don't understand about this is that if it's not an origin movie, then how is Ben in it?

I understand that: I mean he grew into a handsome enough guy that women were all over him. But at this age, in this day and age, if you're handsome you're popular. People would still be fighting to make friends with you and more importantly, to break you out of that shell.

I just pictured my Spider-man to be a bit more average looking. When he becomes a superhero or hooks up with a supermodel like Mary Jane, you cheer for him and share his triumphs, because it's more unlikely.

Smiles and Cries said:
This guy should have been Peter Parker from the start :(

I hate the original Peter's mug

Toby McGuire has a goofy face. And voice.

Emma Stone is really giving off the Gwen Stacey vibe though.

It's good to see that Spiderman movies continue to take place in the same sort of bizarro world where dudes who look like they walked out of an underwear modelling shoot are socially awkward science nerds.

kai3345

Banned
ThoseDeafMutes said:
It's good to see that Spiderman movies continue to take place in the same sort of bizarro world where dudes who look like they walked out of an underwear modelling shoot are socially awkward science nerds.
I thought Toby played a convincing nerd. But it was mostly because of his weird raspy/whiny voice.

neorej said:
Regarding the clothing of Gwen and Peter: who the hell dresses like that IRL?
Hipsters

Replicant

ThoseDeafMutes said:

There are actually GAFfers who look like that. Just check out half of the "Post Your Pic" thread. They're clearly good-looking but nerdy and seem to have problem attracting female or at least convincing them not to friendzone them.

Besides, he has to be realistic enough to attract a model like Mary Jane. Moreover, would you rather see this face again?

2wn1h5l.jpg

neorej said:

Again, some GAF-fers do. I won't name names but seriously, it's not unusual to see college students wearing those kind of combinations.

Seth C

neorej said:

Aside from his mismatched socks, nothing about either of their clothing made me take notice. I may be hanging out with the wrong group of people...

suzu

They were filming that scene in my neighborhood lol.

I think Andrew Garfield looks pretty normal, although he looks to have bulked up a bit. And what are people finding wrong with their outfits? The only thing I don't like are his socks. And Gwen's outfit is the kind of stuff I like to wear all the time and I'm no hipster. People labeling everything 'hipster' now, jeez.

Veidt

Blasphemer who refuses to accept bagged milk as his personal savior
His handsomeness also undermines the integrity of Mary Jane. Sure, it's easy to love a handsome guy that also happens to be a superhero. It'd be much more sincere if he was a not-so-well endowed guy.

With the mainstreaming of superheroes, it is expected.

suzu said:
I think Andrew Garfield looks pretty normal, although he looks to have bulked up a bit. And what are people finding wrong with their outfits? The only thing I don't like are his socks. And Gwen's outfit is the kind of stuff I like to wear all the time and I'm no hipster. People labeling everything 'hipster' now, jeez.
Pretty sure it's the mismatched socks, skinny jeans, fingerless gloves, and expertly coiffed "tousled" hairstyle on a guy that's tall, thin and handsome that's got people riled up... Clean white socks (and undies!), regular cut jeans, and a haircut that came from his dear old aunt -- that's young Peter Parker.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
neorej said:

Do some of you ever leave the house? Most people aged 25 and under dress this way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom