• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Andrew Garfield is "The Amazing Spider-Man" (official title)

Status
Not open for further replies.

G-Fex

B.K. said:
Wzdcc.jpg

JdtU5.jpg

kw6P1.jpg

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=77174

That's pretty good.

I like Garfield's hair and stuff, he actually looks like Peter Parker from the comics than just Tobey Macguire with that hair style he had.

Acid08

Banned
Ulairi said:
Peter Parker is not a hipster. He's not a geek. He's a nerd. He isn't interested in getting vintage clothes. That's a big part of his character. I'm going to see the movie regardless of how they protray Parker but making him a hipster is just there to make hipsters happy.
He's not a fucking hipster, holy shit.

Blader

Ulairi said:
Peter Parker is not a hipster. He's not a geek. He's a nerd. He isn't interested in getting vintage clothes. That's a big part of his character. I'm going to see the movie regardless of how they protray Parker but making him a hipster is just there to make hipsters happy.

Peter Parker is not just one thing. There have been plenty of differences in how he has been portrayed over the years. The common thread between all those different representations is not what he looks like, it's his personality and attitude.

Look at Peter in 50 years of comic books, 5 cartoons, and three live action films. They all look wildly different from each other, but are all still unmistakably the same guy.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Acid08 said:
He's not a fucking hipster, holy shit.
That's what he said in the very first sentece?
Ulairi said:
Peter Parker is not a hipster.
EDIT: Nevermind. Misread it. You meant the Parker portrayed in the movie is not a hipster.

Ulairi said:
You've never been around Hipsters have you?

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
So anyone wearing glasses and having hair like that is now automatically labeled a hipster?

Christ, people.

reilo

xxracerxx said:
So anyone wearing glasses and having hair like that is now automatically labeled a hipster?

Christ, people.
I haven't seen him wear plaid or grow a beard yet. The moment he gets a bird tattoo though I'll start labeling him a hipster.

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
reilo said:
I haven't seen him wear plaid or grow a beard yet. The moment he gets a bird tattoo though I'll start labeling him a hipster.
Oh shit, I wear plaid shirts and have a beard!

reilo

xxracerxx said:
Oh shit, I wear plaid shirts and have a beard!
oh em gee hipster!

I'm actually wearing some jeans bought from Vans and skateboarding shoes made by Nike.

I guess I'm hipster, too.

Veidt

Blasphemer who refuses to accept bagged milk as his personal savior
Only redeeming thing is Emma Stone. And they haven't shown enough of her for me to care. What was I expecting from the man behind the most hipster film of the decade.

Forceatowulf said:
Skateboards? Annnnnnd I'm officially done with this movie.

Yeah, ok.

Some of your obsessions with hipsters are obviously only going to end with you face down on a feather bed getting plowed in the ass by said hipsters. The ladies doth protest too much. LOL

Replicant

xxracerxx said:

Christ, people.

"Hipster" is one of the most overused term in GAF. And most of the time people who use it don't even use it correctly and just use it to label anyone that they don't like.

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
Hi, I have no idea what exactly a "hipster" is. I also don't know if I should care.

beelzebozo

Jealous Bastard
suit looks freaking awesome when he's jumping shooting shit with goop. i have a jacket almost exactly like peter parker's.

i am on board with this film project.

G-Fex

guys are overreacting over his clothes. I think they're nice. No super tight pants and like wrist bands or anything

Seriously at least he's not using hitler hair to prove his tude

Teh Hamburglar said:
Probably part of the harness. Holding a guy up is going to put pressure on certain areas of his body.
I don't think that's what he was talking about. It looks like pete's crotch is really dirty.

Screenboy

Snowman Prophet of Doom said:
You seriously don't think people would? I find that totally believable, especially in a city as known for its pride and toughness as NYC.
Infact Raimi put that scene in to show the toughness of NY after 9/11

maruchan

this has probably come up before, but why no mary jane.. even in the comics mary jane shows up in #25 or something... almost 2 years before gwen stacy?

Chavelo

Did any of you guys play Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2? Seriously, Spidey is just trying to get his kickflips on again. Why you hating? XD

Salsa

Ulairi said:

Sure man, but making him a "hipster" (although i dont see it that way) is there to make it stay relevant in this day and age. The movie-type nerd is long gone and its been done to death. Nerds are cool now, it is what it is. Im sure he'll be portrayed in a goofy and over the top way in at least one occasion, but Peter Parker hasnt been a ridiculous nerd for some time now.

He can still be an awkward, brainy kid if he rides a skateboard you know. I like to look and the guys build looks right for Spidey.

Extollere

Sucks at poetry
Green Scar said:
He looks awkward as fuck. PETER PARKER BITCHES

YEP. Awkward Parker is back... I hope!

For reference Tobey was also awkward, but he was creepy awkward and I think that makes the difference.

Nizz

The Outsider said:
Cool to see some practical effects for the web swinging sequences. Out of curiosity, does anyone know if Raimi employed similar tactics or did he rely purely on CGI?
Yeah, I'm pretty surprised at the amount of practical effects/stunt work for Spiderman's scenes swinging through the city. Practical effects enhanced with CGI= good imo. Although I want to see the more acrobatic poses when he's swinging in the air. Maybe those will be full on CGI?

I also have no problem with Peter Parker's look. Nerds in the "tape on glasses, pocket protector, shirt & tie" era don't exist. At least to me. I don't know. would people rather have him dressed how the old Best Buy Geek Squad used to dress?

overcast said:
Lol what is wrong with the skateboard picture? You guys also don't like the train scene? Oh god.
Yep, what's up with that? One of the best superhero action sequences in a movie. At least one of the best I've seen. It's up there with Superman against Zod and co. in Superman 2 and Nightcrawler's attack on the president in the opening scene of X2.

Blader

I thought the clocktower segment of the train sequence was cooler than anything on the train itself.

purple cobra said:
It's up there with Superman against Zod and co. in Superman 2

lolwut

Veidt said:
Only redeeming thing is Emma Stone. And they haven't shown enough of her for me to care. What was I expecting from the man behind the most hipster film of the decade.

500 Days of Summer was pretty lame, reminded me a lot of Garden State (lol). But the true redeeming factor of this film will be Garfield's Peter Parker.

He's got this role on a lock easily.

Nizz

Blader5489 said:
I thought the clocktower segment of the train sequence was cooler than anything on the train itself.

lolwut
Lol as in that scene doesn't hold up nowadays? Or no way the train scene holds a candle to the Superman scene? It's been a long time since I saw Superman 2 but I remember the showdown between Superman and Zod, Non and Ursa being pretty epic. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom