• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Andrew Garfield is "The Amazing Spider-Man" (official title)

Status
Not open for further replies.
FairyD said:
I would give anything to have them do Kraven's last hunt.

Kraven would be the perfect second part villain to a Spider-Man trilogy. Mysterio would be amazing too. The character of Quentin Beck is rich and complex and his abilities would provide amazing possibilities for a visual spectacle on the big screen. If for nothing else, I would love to see just a short scene of Beck conjuring some special effects of Spidey's villains all dressed up in their classic comic costumes and Spider-Man having to fight them off in dazzling scenarios of changing environments around him.

SHAZOOM said:
Costume looks like its taking cues from the Ben Reilly costume.

*edit*

Actually, maybe its the Alex Ross version.

Someone on the SHH forums messed around with the colours to get that look:

zx1n9t.jpg

Salvor.Hardin said:
Someone on the SHH forums messed around with the colours to get that look:

zx1n9t.jpg

Wow, I actually really like this. Granted, I think the real costume looks fine in the promo shots, but I'm still genuinely surprised by how much I like this manip.

Dead

well not really...yet
Spoilers from C. Thomas Howell who has a role in the film.

Villain is also confirmed
"There is not a whole lot to talk about. Sony wants us to be hush-hush right now. I play a relatively small role. I play a construction worker who's son is caught in the middle of a battle between the Lizard and Spider-Man on the Manhattan bridge. Spider-Man helps me get my son back from this perilous situation. There is some payback there at the end of the movie. Spider-man is kind of hurting. I help him when all of the other people won't. Part of the story is, the nation thinks he might be a bad guy. They don't know what to think. Because of my experience on the bridge with my kid, I know he is a good guy. I pitch in and help out at the end. That is the best way."

link

From that, its safe to say that we
won't see anything like the godawful "LEAVE SPIDEY ALONE!" scenes from SM1 and 2

Dead

well not really...yet
Yeah, lets throw stuff at the flying armored maniac with explosives who could kill us at any moment

Blader

Dead said:
Spoilers from C. Thomas Howell who has a role in the film.

Villain is also confirmed

link

From that, its safe to say that we
won't see anything like the godawful "LEAVE SPIDEY ALONE!" scenes from SM1 and 2

"Sony wants us to be hush-hush, so here's everything."

:lol

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
aRKrN.png

..would be better imho :/

Even more better: Bagley eyes!

lEKEY.png

well..

jett

D-Member
Snowman Prophet of Doom said:
You seriously don't think people would? I find that totally believable, especially in a city as known for its pride and toughness as NYC.

Right.

New Yorkers wouldn't give a flying fuck.

steyin05.jpg

steyin01.jpg

nyc-spider-02.jpg

nyc-spider-01.jpg

I wonder if Norman Osbourne is going to make an appearance.

Also:

Face it tiger, you've just hit the jackpot.

SuperHeroHype has learned that a casting call has gone out for that very part under the film's secret title, "Fiona's Tale." The exact description calls for an, "actress to portray beautiful red-headed teenage girl for featured background...(18+ only)". Interested candidates are encouraged to apply at FTextras@gmail.com.
http://www.superherohype.com/news/articles/165111--the-amazing-spider-man-is-looking-for-a-red-head

yeah geez he needs to ditch the glasses. Anyways I didn't mind the new yorker scene in spidey 1 it was cheesy but hilarious. Spiderman 2's train scene on the other hand was horrible. And I love Spiderman 2.

Aw, I really liked the train scene. I thought it was well done. I didn't realize people didn't like the train scene until I started reading this topic.

VGChampion said:
Aw, I really liked the train scene. I thought it was well done. I didn't realize people didn't like the train scene until I started reading this topic.

you'll realize that no one likes anything when you read GAF.

brandonh83 said:
you'll realize that no one likes anything when you read GAF.

Isn't that kinda a good thing? We're on the internet there's bound to be a hater of something somewhere, and conversely somebody who likes it (I think I saw a Daredevil-Affleck fan on this forum...I spotted him but he ran before I could take a picture)

Acid08

Banned
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA that was the fucking best thing I've ever read on here.

Edit: Still think the movie will be good though :p

Replicant

pulga said:
Gwen, hold my horn rimmed glasses for me.
spl273626_026-wm900-335x560.jpg

I buy it. Nerds these days are not the dirty pimply nerds of the past. They're a lot more stylish and many of them are actually good-looking.

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
Yeah, nothing odd or funny about those photos. He looks like 90% of the college kids I see around the city, board included.

B.K.

The Lizard or just some guy in a hood?

For the past several days, photos from the New York set of Marc Webb's upcoming The Amazing Spider-Man have been finding their way online. Now, Pink is the New Blog claims to have the first photos of Rhys Ifans on-set. While there's some mystery as to whether or not the below image is even Ifans at all, it does raise some interesting questions about how practical effects might be utilized to bring the Lizard to the big screen.

As you can see in the photo below, a specially-made hooded robe has been created to hide the makeup design from photographers, but what can be seen around the eyes appears to have a green, scaled look. This could mean that the transition into the lizard is a gradual affair or could point to something new altogether.

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=77081

pl5RX.jpg

Salsa

Im totally cool with Parker being a nerd in the hipster sense. Spiderman is cool as fuck, meaning he is cool as fuck, once he gets that there's not much point into still benig a nerd in your regular life, lets face it. He also has to bee good looking to justify getting with Stacey and MJ.

Oh and skateboard included in all of this. Unless we get some long sequence with him skateboarding through NYC using his newlyfound spidey powers going "WOOOO", that could be cringe-worthy.

Cool to see some practical effects for the web swinging sequences. Out of curiosity, does anyone know if Raimi employed similar tactics or did he rely purely on CGI?

Ulairi

Banned
SalsaShark said:
Im totally cool with Parker being a nerd in the hipster sense. Spiderman is cool as fuck, meaning he is cool as fuck, once he gets that there's not much point into still benig a nerd in your regular life, lets face it. He also has to bee good looking to justify getting with Stacey and MJ.

Oh and skateboard included in all of this. Unless we get some long sequence with him skateboarding through NYC using his newlyfound spidey powers going "WOOOO", that could be cringe-worthy.

Peter Parker is not a hipster. He's not a geek. He's a nerd. He isn't interested in getting vintage clothes. That's a big part of his character. I'm going to see the movie regardless of how they protray Parker but making him a hipster is just there to make hipsters happy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom