• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT3| This thread is incompatible with all of your devices.

Status
Not open for further replies.

tzare

anyone know a way to lock any launcher screen layout? my mother is a little disaster and while she can use her android smartphone , looses some widgets/icons every now and then. She is using a xperia phone.

I know some launchers have the option to lock , but she is confortable wth xperia iu and does not like changes very much . Thanks!

vivftp

I hope y'all don't mind if I post the rumored specs of Sonys upcoming Honami here. Felt fitting for a new Android thread.

S800 processor at 2.2 - 2.3 GHz
Adreno 330 graphics
2GB RAM
16/32 GB internal memory with mico SD expansion
5" 1080p dislpay with triluminos tech. Supposedly with constrast ratio above 2000:1
X-reality engine
20MP 2/3" Exmor RS sensor
Mobile BIONZ processor
Clip-on lenses
f2.0 28mm equivalent Sony G Lens
Camera shutter button
Camera has steadyshot tech, and can go up to ISO 12800
4K video recording
3000 mAh battery - Sony expects battery life to measured in days, rather than hours
Metal + glass body
NFC and LTE
IP58 dust/water resistance + shock resistance rating
Approx 9-10mm thick
Stereo speakers
S-Master MX audio
IR blaster
Headphone port that does not require flap
Magnetic charging dock connector
Lanyard hole

Maybe also a xenon flash

So the Moto X phone will be the first phone which comes with the song "America - Fuck Yeah" included, including short versions for ringtone and notifications use?

I'm excited about the Note 3 and the Xperia Z Ultra, naturally. Size does matter.

Old thread wall of shame:

-Pyromaniac- 1,875
The Faceless Master 1,377
Brettison 864
gcubed 795
tino 735
Groof 702
Unknown Soldier 533
Copernicus 437
DrFunk 419
Pctx 407
Bboy AJ 389
zomgbbqftw 373
Talon 364
Andrex 353
OriginalThinking 348
BootlegSnackz 348
Nicktendo86 345
brotkasten 327
buhdeh 305
Cipherr 255
SimleuqiR 230
Divvy 221
SirMossyBloke 176
Greyface 167
shinshoryuken 154
Battersea Power Station 151
jokkir 149
Zeppu 144
kinggroin 140
reKon 140
Liquidus 126
zedge 124
cuevas, PhD. 124
Fatalah 121
Hieberrr 114
3pheMeraLmiX 112
mturco 112
thespot84 111
giga 108
Kiraly 107
Doopliss 105
wsoxfan1214 102
Toki767 100

What's amazing about this list is that both Coco and pctx spent significant durations of time banned and yet still managed to place that high on this list.

What's not amazing is that I made the Top 10. I need to cut back, no one wants to be one of the 10 most shameful!

Groof

What's amazing about this list is that both Coco and pctx spent significant durations of time banned and yet still managed to place that high on this list.

What's not amazing is that I made the Top 10. I need to cut back, no one wants to be one of the 10 most shameful!
What I find interesting is that I haven't even been a member on GAF for very long, yet I almost made it into the top 5.

Osaka

Did not ask for this tag
Okay! I now have a Galaxy S4.

However, i have a slight issue..

I synchronised my contacts from google, and most have really dated profile pictures. I've merged the contacts with their facebook contacts, but it still uses the old pics instead of syncing to the facebook ones. Is there a way to change this?

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
I'm happy. I managed to be the top non crazy poster aka I came in 3rd and kept it under 1000 posts. :p

Hope after the Holiday fun that maybe early next week Google either announces the new Nexus 7 or else announces they have an announcement to make!

Bye bye for now. Gotta reboot to update CM. :p

Zeppu

You guys remember when you'd be chatting with someone on Talk and decide to call/email/sms them? So you'd just tap their profile pic and get the quickaction bar. Those were the days!

I'm so glad I can see everyone's G+ profile so quickly now.

Doopliss

Lol

Thanks for the confirmation guys. It worked so well and was a great addition, why'd they have to go and do something like that :(

It's clear that they're not satisfied with their interface. If only someone could come up with some way to quickly control a mobile browser...

bbyybb

CGI bullshit is the death knell of cinema
Nice new thread, I didn't post too much in the old thread to rate a mention.

Joined the Google+ group for a laugh as well.

Edit: Just checked, a whole 11 posts :)

Nicktendo86

Sorry to double post guys but I mentioned earlier that the Carphone Warehouse (massive UK phone shop) have removed the Nexus 4 from their site, well I just got off a live chat with someone asking why and, after a delay of them getting back to me, said that it looks like the phone has been discontinued.

This has happened once before at CW, just before I/O when some people expected the N5 to be shown off. Coincidence?

Groof

It's clear that they're not satisfied with their interface. If only someone could come up with some way to quickly control a mobile browser...
You know what would be crazy? If they made some controls based off of the quick camera menu interface! OH MAN WOULDN'T THAT BE SOMETHING HUH

kehs

Banned
You guys remember when you'd be chatting with someone on Talk and decide to call/email/sms them? So you'd just tap their profile pic and get the quickaction bar. Those were the days!

I'm so glad I can see everyone's G+ profile so quickly now.

I never used it that much, but that's some bullshit that they removed it.

They don't even bother to show you contact details in the app like they do on true web.

Thats very disappointing. =/

----

Opera is starting to freeze up on me often. Chrome still sucks.

I might have to give dolphin or something a try. Maybe they'll put the aosp browser on the play store....

Vanillalite

Supposedly budget chip maker MediaTek is working on an octa core processor. Guess they want to give the high end guys some heat.

Groof

Supposedly budget chip maker MediaTek is working on an octa core processor. Guess they want to give the high end guys some heat.

This is good, more competition. Qualcomm's basically monopolized the entire market which can't be good for anyone.

Vanillalite

So we have some gaming side like reporting going on now on the Android sites.

Samsung did 20 million of SOMETHING with the Galaxy S4.

As we all know from Gaming-GAF though that shipped and sold are two different numbers. Depending upon which Android site you visit you might get a headline that says shipped or one that says sold.

SimleuqiR

So we have some gaming side like reporting going on now on the Android sites.

Samsung did 20 million of SOMETHING with the Galaxy S4.

As we all know from Gaming-GAF though that shipped and sold are two different numbers. Depending upon which Android site you visit you might get a headline that says shipped or one that says sold.

Weren't early reports saying that the S4 was not selling as fast as the S3?

Weren't early reports saying that the S4 was not selling as fast as the S3?

No, it was that the S4 isn't selling as fast as Samsung had projected internally, but still slightly faster than the S3. I also don't think the S4 will have the same longevity as the S3 because the Android competition is much stronger this time.

Fatalah

the news made the impact that it deserved. maybe even more. but if you REALLY feel that way... new thread for new news!? Motorola X PHONE AD LEAKS

Are you kidding?! Between Moto X details finally leaking and the company being re-launched, I think we can do better than 5 reaction posts. I blame the thread move.

But then again, a Motorola/MotoX thread can definitely be used.

SimleuqiR

Are you kidding?! Between Moto X details finally leaking and the company being re-launched, I think we can do better than 5 reaction posts. I blame the thread move.

But then again, a Motorola/MotoX thread can definitely be used.

I blame the name Motorola. They need to show me something interesting before I can give a damn. "Made in the USA" doesn't appeal to me, unless they can show that Made in the USA is better than made anywhere else.

I hope Moto can "Wow" me. I'm just not getting my hopes up.

I blame the name Motorola. They need to show me something interesting before I can give a damn. "Made in the USA" doesn't appeal to me, unless they can show that Made in the USA is better than made anywhere else.

I once bought a Laptop 'made in EU' where everything else was mostly China/asia already, and I thought 'oh great something made in Europe'. Huge mistake.

kehs

Banned

HELLO MOTO

That doesn't tingle you?

kinggroin

Banned
Old thread wall of shame:

-Pyromaniac- 1,875
The Faceless Master 1,377
Brettison 864
gcubed 795
tino 735
Groof 702
Unknown Soldier 533
Copernicus 437
DrFunk 419
Pctx 407
Bboy AJ 389
zomgbbqftw 373
Talon 364
Andrex 353
OriginalThinking 348
BootlegSnackz 348
Nicktendo86 345
brotkasten 327
buhdeh 305
Cipherr 255
SimleuqiR 230
Divvy 221
SirMossyBloke 176
Greyface 167
shinshoryuken 154
Battersea Power Station 151
jokkir 149
Zeppu 144
kinggroin 140
reKon 140
Liquidus 126
zedge 124
cuevas, PhD. 124
Fatalah 121
Hieberrr 114
3pheMeraLmiX 112
mturco 112
thespot84 111
giga 108
Kiraly 107
Doopliss 105
wsoxfan1214 102
Toki767 100

I tried to really restrain myself this time.

No more.

Just looking at this picture is it a coincidence that the guy is making a giant 'X' shape whilst jumping in and the woman an 'I' or a '1'? Maybe it will be called the MOTO XI or X1 or whatever I am just high or drunk or something

achievement unlocked

I hope y'all don't mind if I post the rumored specs of Sonys upcoming Honami here. Felt fitting for a new Android thread.

this is the Android OT, so yeah, this is the right place.

So the Moto X phone will be the first phone which comes with the song "America - Fuck Yeah" included, including short versions for ringtone and notifications use?

I'm excited about the Note 3 and the Xperia Z Ultra, naturally. Size does matter.

brah, you can't back down now, Note 3 rumors are already getting thick.

Vanillalite

So Ubuntu Touch has transitioned to full on Ubuntu. It use to be virtualized in Android.

Now they flipped it so it is its own thing, and then they just virtualize Android for compatibility needs.

AT&T updates its privacy changes that will sell anonymous data for "better" targeted and relevant ads to end users:
At AT&T, we similarly plan to provide our customers with these sorts of personalized services and we’re committed to doing so in line with our longstanding policy to respect and protect our customers’ privacy.
Today, we posted an updated Privacy Policy that outlines a couple of new programs we plan to offer and, importantly, reasserts our privacy commitment. We are publishing this policy in a preview mode and we invite your comments and suggestions during our 30-day feedback period.
The new policy does a couple of things. First, we have tried to make it easier for our customers to understand the data we collect, how we use it, and how we protect it. Second, we have structured our policy in a manner that provides very straightforward consumer controls over the data we obtain from you or through your use of our services, websites and applications. Many of these changes are derived from customer research in which we asked customers how they want to hear about these topics.

Link to story: http://attpublicpolicy.com/privacy/our-updated-privacy-policy-2/
Link to PDF: http://assets.fiercemarkets.net/public/mdano/amis/att-privacy-policy.pdf
Link to Opt-Out devices on your plan: http://att.com/cmpchoice

I don't know about you but I'm sick of ads in ads and if they can't bloat the phones now, they're bloating the experience.

jokkir

Thanks for the app, seems to sync only some contacts for some reason.

It depends on your friends privacy settings. But most of the time, it should work unless your friend locked down their profile like crazy.

The privacy thing also determines if it uses high res photos or not.

Groof

It depends on your friends privacy settings. But most of the time, it should work unless your friend locked down their profile like crazy.

The privacy thing also determines if it uses high res photos or not.

I think he found ways to circumvent some of this in the latest update. At least that's what I got out of the release notes.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
I thought the same thing regarding the Motorola X1 picture. Looks like an X1 being made to me. Cool. I guess it's Moto's Galaxy S3, S4, etc.

I suspect the design to just be aesthetics. I'm surprised a rumor existed about processor, RAM, etc. I'll eat crow.

Talon

AT&T updates its privacy changes that will sell anonymous data for "better" targeted and relevant ads to end users:

Link to story: http://attpublicpolicy.com/privacy/our-updated-privacy-policy-2/
Link to PDF: http://assets.fiercemarkets.net/public/mdano/amis/att-privacy-policy.pdf
Link to Opt-Out devices on your plan: http://att.com/cmpchoice

I don't know about you but I'm sick of ads in ads and if they can't bloat the phones now, they're bloating the experience.
Thanks for this. At least there's an opt-out for this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom