• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT3| This thread is incompatible with all of your devices.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
Verge guys said this would be Moto's flagship phone

I'll be honest with you guys. I don't give a shit if something's made in the USA.

Given my experience with American and Chinese made products, I can't honestly say I would prefer American.

I'll be honest with you guys. I don't give a shit if something's made in the USA.
as a canadian I agree. But as an American I'd probably agree as well. I don't care about canadian made products either lol.

I just want good products at good prices. Whoever can find that intersection of value can go ahead and make it for me.

I'm thinking of getting an android phone, and seeing that they have all the gimmick phones, I'd like to know which phone has the best 3D pictures

I know that the htc evo 3D takes 3D pictures, but at 2MP only

Are the other phone like the lg max p720 the same? Only 2MP photos I mean

They both sport dual core 1.2ghz chips ... Not sure about the specifics but any help would be appreciated.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
as a canadian I agree. But as an American I'd probably agree as well. I don't care about canadian made products either lol.

I just want good products at good prices. Whoever can find that intersection of value can go ahead and make it for me.

y u no support RIMM Blackberry?

lol it was actually kind of sad when the Q10 came out and the Z10 how the canadian press was championing it non fucking stop. Articles claiming Blackberry is back, blackberry has overtaken android for second place in canada, things are looking great.

It was sad because I wasn't sure if they were being patriotic trying to make BlackBerry look good, or if they truly didn't realize how irrelevant Canada is on the world stage when it comes to sales of phones. It gave people the false impression they were doing well when it was clear they were not.

Anyway I don't care that BB is canadian, they can go away. I got no sympathy for a company like that, dying by its own arrogance.

Gonna get flamed but I kind of like the Q10. I used a BlackBerry WAYYYYY back in the time of the original Bold and I still love dat keyboard. Honestly, if it just ran REAL Android instead of this stupid ass emulation stuff, I'd probably buy one.

Nicktendo86

Gonna get flamed but I kind of like the Q10. I used a BlackBerry WAYYYYY back in the time of the original Bold and I still love dat keyboard. Honestly, if it just ran REAL Android instead of this stupid ass emulation stuff, I'd probably buy one.
No flame required, they make great keyboards and their phones would be great for business use and niche users who refuse to let go of keyboards. Their problem was their arrogance.

Also spending years creating a new OS that was deemed by most outlets as "good enough". Because there's nothing that says resurrection of a dying company like "it doesn't suck".

They laughed their way into oblivion while others were innovating and excelling, and then when they finally decide to suit up they come out with an effort that was just decent at best. They're a company that's not long for this world.

thespot84

For some of us, the American made thing has nothing to do with quality, it's an economic issue, and one that probably isn't appropriate for an android thread. If something like the X would fit my needs (and let's be real...."needs", not every little stupid desire) and has a solid american pedigree, that would give it a bump up over other phones.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
Let's be honest. Would anyone here buy a phone within the next two months without waiting for the Nexus 5? Come on.

Let's be honest. Would anyone here buy a phone within the next two months without waiting for the Nexus 5? Come on.
I would never because it's silly but what would truly break achy breaky heart is if the nexus 5 is announced and it looks good but the battery life isn't where I want it to be, but the moto X is cheaper and the battery life is amaaaazing, but the rest of the phone isn't so hot.

THAT will be the dilemma of the century. Honestly not even sure what I'd go with in that situation lol.

I would never because it's silly but what would truly break achy breaky heart is if the nexus 5 is announced and it looks good but the battery life isn't where I want it to be, but the moto X is cheaper and the battery life is amaaaazing, but the rest of the phone isn't so hot.

THAT will be the dilemma of the century. Honestly not even sure what I'd go with in that situation lol.
If I look at all the current flagships I can pick out something that's bothering me and I'm pretty certain this trend will continue, especially with Nexus devices.

Groof

If I look at all the current flagships I can pick out something that's bothering me and I'm pretty certain this trend will continue, especially with Nexus devices.

Which is a real bummer, but it's a side effect of nasty tech enthusiasts who get their panties in a bunch over specs. Is that a dual core and not quad? Is that quad not 1 bazillion GHz? THEN FUCK YO PHONE!
So phone manufacturers are too scared to skimp on specs (yet have good performance) for better battery life. Considering my N4 still feels just as zippy as the day I got it, and it's outdated specs by today's standards, I could easily get a similarly speced phone with a better battery.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
TBH I'd rather have good camera/battery than just about anything else at this point. Gimme 720p and 1 GB of RAM and I'd be fine if those were good.

TBH I'd rather have good camera/battery than just about anything else at this point. Gimme 720p and 1 GB of RAM and I'd be fine if those were good.
I feel the same as you. I know I shitted on the s4 plus but that's because I shit on everything.

Truthfully we've reached the point where phones run well. Actually I wouldn't settle for 1GB RAM, that just won't do these days for android imo. But I'd EASILY take good camera/battery over most other stuff. So yeah if the nexus 5 has decent battery but better everything else and the moto x has amazing battery but decent everything else, it really will be a dilemma. I COULD see myself taking the X if it truly is 199-249 simply as an interim phone until the next bunch of flagships come out.

The Nexus 5 will always remain a future option. honestly we just gotta see how things play out. Don't really know shit about shit.

Groof

Exactly my point. And I think with the optimisations Google is doing to Android super beefy specs won't be as necessary down the road.

It's really an unnecessary amount of attention for a budget, mid-range phone.
HTC First

Motorola Xnd

I like the Q10 more than my BlackBerry loving cousin. She got an iPhone. My WP/Zune fan cousin is gonna get another Android phone because Path isn't on WP

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Motorola Xth

Haseo_(LINK_-_Xth_Form).jpg

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Kinda blows my mind that not only was the original "Nexus program" brought back (meaning, selling phones unlocked on the internet), Google's now doing it with multiple manufacturers using versions of their own flagships. Blows my mind, mang.

1upmuffin

So I just ordered an S4 from Verizon. It will be my first smart phone, but not first Android device so I know how to use Android a bit (I have an Android tablet/ E-Reader thing, but I didn't use it a ton). Anything I should know about the S4 or Android smartphones in general?

Kinda blows my mind that not only was the original "Nexus program" brought back (meaning, selling phones unlocked on the internet), Google's now doing it with multiple manufacturers using versions of their own flagships. Blows my mind, mang.
the original WSJ multiple nexus rumours were true, it was just one year early.

Motorola Xnd

Motorola Xrd -SIGN-

I would buy a phone within the next two months only if it were the Note 3.

I've only recently become a futuristic motherfucker and started streaming music with All Access but it's pretty obvious that you need a beefy battery for that kind of thing and let's face it, Nexus device battery life has historically been at worst awful and at best below average. N5 would need amazing battery life to erase the sins of the past and enable truly futuristic motherfucking activities.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom