• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"Angina's tough!!" Rock Band 2 Track And Spec Info (& Dreams) Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

duderon

rollin' in the gutter
Not to be a total ass, but you can edit your first post. You don't have to make new posts every time you want to respond to someone.

sneaky77

duderon said:
Not to be a total ass, but you can edit your first post. You don't have to make new posts every time you want to respond to someone.

true.. sorry, I just responded as I was reading the thread.

rock band 1.2 my ass. the more stuff I hear about RB2 the more it sounds like a real sequel and not some cash in. less then 2 months....FUUUCKKK!!!

Mr Jared

The Microphone in the guitar for calibration is seriously the smartest thing I've ever heard of for music games, period.

DuckRacer

BigBlackGamer said:
rock band 1.2 my ass. the more stuff I hear about RB2 the more it sounds like a real sequel and not some cash in. less then 2 months....FUUUCKKK!!!
What I find hilarious was that we all were getting excited for Guitar Hero 4, then Rock Band 2 struts in and takes a dump on it out of nowhere.

The constant daily flow of leaks and information is awesome too.

birdman

Mr Jared said:
The Microphone in the guitar for calibration is seriously the smartest thing I've ever heard of for music games, period.

QFT. Whenever I go to my friend's house her HDTV always makes the calibration way off, and we never quite get it exactly on when we try to re-calibrate. Damn, I don't want to have to buy a bundle again.

sneaky77

Duck said:
What I find hilarious was that we all were getting excited for Guitar Hero 4, then Rock Band 2 struts in and takes a dump on it out of nowhere.

we still know nothing about gh4, i guess i'm one of the few looking forward to both games still and hearing more info about them.

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
I think the only reason I'd get GHWT is if Activision scores AC/DC or Metallica as exclusive bands. Otherwise, I think I'm gonna drop for that ION drum set.

Oreoleo

XShagrath said:
- New drum kit looks fucking amazing! Pads are not straight across anymore. The red and green pad are lower and off to the side. There are also three cymbals, and the kick pedal looks like the high-hat pedal I've seen sold on eBay. the new set does not look friendly for lefty-players, but hopefully things can be reconfigured fairly easily. (EDIT: The cymbal expansion is an additional purchase, and has a crash, ride, and high-hat). (EDIT 2: This is all the ION kit)

- They're teamed up with ION and will release an even better drumkit. You can unplug the game controller from the ION kit and plug in a "drum brain" and turn the kit into an electronic drum kit.

I said wow. Can't believe I'm actually planning on double dipping and buying the instruments all over again.

sneaky77

the ION kit is limited edition kit, that when connected to a computer can serve as electronic drums.

Is not the kit that will be available in the bundle. Or the regular kit for rockband.

ZeoVGM

Banned
Archie said:
I think the only reason I'd get GHWT is if Activision scores AC/DC or Metallica as exclusive bands. Otherwise, I think I'm gonna drop for that ION drum set.

Well considering they have GH: Metallica coming out...

Honestly, if you have the money, the way to go is getting both games. It looks like they're both going to have awesome tracklists, and if GH: Aerosmith is any indication, Neversoft got a lot better at note charts.

Can always just get the game alone for GH4 anyway.

duderon

rollin' in the gutter
Everyone touting the ION kit as amazing should wait and see how it holds up. If you look at the kits they are currently offering, most if not all have major problems. I don't want to rain on everyone's parade, but I'm just giving a heads up. Hopefully they get it right this time.

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
omg rite said:
Can always just get the game alone for GH4 anyway.
Yeah I'll probably rent the game by itself and hope Activision is kind and allows for compatible toy instruments.

M3wThr33

Banned
Duck said:
Yes. They say that they might have those cymbals as entire new notes in future games, though (which I doubt).

If Konami can rechart 100+ songs to add 3,6 and 8 panel configs, Harmonix can.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
It'll be the bundle for me, I guess. I want a new guitar, and as far as the drums go, metal kickpedal out of the box and quieter/more sensitive pads was all I needed to hear. :D

Tim-E

28cda4h.png

M3wThr33 said:
But are the new cymbals just dupes of existing notes?

Perhaps these notes will show up smaller, like hammer-ons and pull-offs? If you have the old drums, just hit the right color, with the new drums you have to hit the cymbal on the short notes. Maybe?

Also, If 'Down Rodeo' by RATM is in this game I will be eternally grateful.

"Can't waste the day when the night brings a hearse.
Make a move and plead the fifth cause you can't plead the first"

The Jer

M3wThr33 said:
But are the new cymbals just dupes of existing notes?
according to the GI article it seems like they are.

the cymbals are an expansion purchased completely separate from the regular drum set and attach to the new set (which looks almost identical to the old one, but features expansion ports).

The GI article also states that they plan on requiring the cymbals in later Rock Band sequels.

So, it seems like they can function as completely separate notes (hence, the "possible" compatibility with GHWT), but for RB2 they will simply be dupes of the other pads.

Tim-E

jamesinclair said:
Wait, which list does this confirm?

I looked, and it seems to confirm BOTH.

Im so confused

(please be all the songs)

The first list had some DLC (judging by a lot of things on there)and RB2 songs, while the second one is just RB2 from what I can gather. So it's both, I would assume.

Onemic

sneaky77 said:
I am gonna guess $200 minimum

No way. Considering ION's regular electronic drum kit go around for $145 with the hardware and software(that little machine comes with it) There's no way this drum kit should go over $120, unless they think no one would no better.

This drum kit unveiling (Limited and standard) completely blows away my need to even be looking at GHWT anymore, HMX has exceeded my expectations in every possible way, even in areas that I thought they couldn't (i.e. drums)

Onemic

Duck said:

The constant daily flow of leaks and information is awesome too.

I somehow knew this would inevitably happen. It's one of the main reasons why I refused to get on the bandwagon about GHWT crushing RB. It's like last year all over again.

The Jer

sneaky77 said:
forcing people to upgrade can backfire.
I think that's the point of not forcing people to do it yet.

Once they implement it, nearly all will have upgraded to a newer set or plan on upgrading to a newer set (they should all be broken by then anyways...).

How many people still use the original GH guitar? Most people have upgraded to the GH2 guitar at this point or plan on upgrading to a newer guitar this year, i would assume, if they are still purchasing guitar games.

I don't think you'll have many with solely the original Rock Band kit at that point. Those with the RB2 kit can just get the cymbal expansion.

The Jer

it doesn't look like anyone's mentioned it yet - the standard RB2 drum set features a pedal reinforced with metal (basically already has pedal metal attached). As well as pads that are more quite and have more rebound. And everything is wireless, of course.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
So, I guess here's a summary so far, since the first post is getting REALLY damn long with dozens of different interviews and features and the PR and the thread is getting really long...

--------
Hardware:
- Drums: Metal reinforced pedal
- Drums: Velocity-sensitive drum pads
- Drums: Silenced
- Drums: Come with expansion slots for optional add-on cymbals; future RB games may require these add-ons. No price provided.
- Drums: Deluxe professional level kit sold separately with three cymbals, two levels of drums; deluxe kit doubles as MIDI drum kit for computer.

- Guitar: Auto-calibrates to any HDTV
- Guitar: Strum bar less squishy
- Guitar: Buttons less loud
- Guitar: Colour change
- Guitar: Deluxe limited edition guitar; actual Fender gutted and fitted with RB hardware

Software:
- 80 Tracks on disc, all masters

QuickPlay:
- Create your own set lists; no minimum or maximum size
- Sort music by any criteria
- "No fail" mode.

Tour:
- Create and choose your own NPC band members
- Expanded character customization
- Photo mode; take photos of your band, order merch of your band from RockBand.com.
- Solo Tour and Band Tour merged; bands have drop-in, drop-out members.
- One character can play any instruments, no more creating dupes
- Broader types of simulation elements; hire employees, etc.
- New scoring system; risk-versus-rewards, interacts with sim elements.

Challenges:
- "Mini-campaigns" with specific objectives
- Album-specific challenges
- DLC challenges
- Compete against other bands
- Notification/community system

New:
- Drum Tutorial; learn to drum. 78 lessons
- Freestyle drumming; drum over songs or mp3s freestyle.
- Both of these modes include four separate drum kit configurations (standard, trashy, roomy, electronic)
- Jukebox mode: turn off the charts and use RB2 as background music

Misc:
- All songs have difficulty indicators per instruments, like the RB store does now.
- Party mode; prevents randoms from mashing on buttons and cancelling a song setup.

DLC:
- Fully backwards compatible. No RB1 or RB2 DLC, just RB DLC.
----------

I think the only thing this summary is missing is the actual list of confirmed, sort of confirmed, and rumoured songs. Feel free to edit this, put it in the OP, whatever.

The Jer said:
it doesn't look like anyone's mentioned it yet - the standard RB2 drum set features a pedal reinforced with metal (basically already has pedal metal attached). As well as pads that are more quite and have more rebound. And everything is wireless, of course.

lets just hope the RB2 drums are responsive. I honestly don't care about anything else. Just let me do drum rolls properly. make sure the drums dont drop notes. stock RB2 drums should be on par with any 150-200$ product as far as accuracy.

The Jer

BigBlackGamer said:
Seriousely, I wasn't even planning on getting RB2. I was just going to stop and be content with RB after RB2 came out. But, now I'm so hyped for the game. It's a definite buy.

BigBlackGamer said:
I just hope the new instruments work properly. If things work how there suppose to work then HMX are gods.
I've replaced 3 guitars, 2 drum sets, and 1 pedal.... so far...

BigBlackGamer said:
lets just hope the RB2 drums are responsive. I honestly don't care about anything else. Just let me do drum rolls properly. make sure the drums dont drop notes. stock RB2 drums should be on par with any 150-200$ product as far as accuracy.
my EL sets drop notes like it was going out of style...

Vicious

For the love of christ I hope they include hyperspeed. They said that if people were asking for something, then it's probably in the game... Well I know more than just a few people would like to see hyperspeed again.

FOR THE LOVE OF CHRIST LET THERE BE SPEED OPTIONS.

So I'm putting together my massive consolidated Rock Band playlist in earnest, listening to "Give It Away" and thinking about the new Bass Career and I'm thinking...

Gotta be a Primus song, right?

Ten-Song

BenjaminBirdie said:
So I'm putting together my massive consolidated Rock Band playlist in earnest, listening to "Give It Away" and thinking about the new Bass Career and I'm thinking...

Gotta be a Primus song, right?

Electric Uncle Sam!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom