• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"Angina's tough!!" Rock Band 2 Track And Spec Info (& Dreams) Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
weehomer said:
That sounds about right. I'm not sure what you mean by "quarterly" disc check, though.

Every three months.

Dirtbag

How about rockband 2 install and use Rb1 disk to load the game up?

EDIT: OOOOH WAIT, I'VE GOT ONE.

Mail in your disk for a code to download all tracks as dlc!

The Jer

Mr Jared said:
Of course you'll be able to play your Rock Band disc content. The method of doing it, however, is still under wraps.

Though I still can't believe GAF hasn't nailed it on the head yet =P
quit game and put in RB1 disc and you play it!! viola! you're still able to play your Rock Band disc content.

I think it's just going to rock it like thusly:

You put in Rock Band 2. It asks you if you have Rock Band 1. You put in your Rock Band 1 disc (mind, you're still "playing" Rock Band 2). It crosschecks your profile with a save on your Hard Drive for the game. That checks out, it uploads the songs to your hard drive. "Please Place Rock Band 2 Disc In 360". You do that. "You Are Totally Awesome. Get Ready To Rock".

"Hello There" by Cheap Trick begins to play.

Struct09

BenjaminBirdie said:
I think it's just going to rock it like thusly:

You put in Rock Band 2. It asks you if you have Rock Band 1. You put in your Rock Band 1 disc (mind, you're still "playing" Rock Band 2). It crosschecks your profile with a save on your Hard Drive for the game. That checks out, it uploads the songs to your hard drive. "Please Place Rock Band 2 Disc In 360". You do that. "You Are Totally Awesome. Get Ready To Rock".

"Hello There" by Cheap Trick begins to play.

I want it to be that easy. But that still leaves it open to easily getting all Rock Band 1 songs for free.

Struct09 said:
I want it to be that easy. But that still leaves it open to easily getting all Rock Band 1 songs for free.

A year late. I don't get mad at people playing the Heroic Map on Halo 3 these days for free.

Onemic

cr_blah_blah said:
G4's The Feed website has a picture of the limited edition drum but I don't know if posting the G4 address here linking to the scan would be a ban or not. I'm sure they'll show it during Attack of the Show or X-play also. The picture is around though.

More info from the site:
* All songs from Rock Band and Rock Band DLC will be playable instantly in Rock Band 2.
* New DLC releases for at least the next year will be playable on either game.
* All instruments have full world tour status--so solo bassists can finally play the full game.
* World tour includes all venues from the first game and dozens more.

* If World Tour is too much for you, there are smaller "campaigns" that utilize DLC.
* Set-up screen for band navigation made simpler, so it won't take an hour to get your band rocking because your drummer keeps hitting pads!
* Pre-made characters mean less time customizing.
* "No fail" mode.
* Expanded online challenge modes.
* Drum trainer mode will teach you drums, and includes a freestyle mode for just beating the skins.
* Improved system calibration
* Jukebox mode for just listenin' to tunes!
* Real guitar support: Fender is planning on releasing stripped, full-size Rock Band guitars.
* Ability to purchase clothing and accessories for characters.

WHAT WHAT WHAT?????

Struct09

BenjaminBirdie said:
A year late. I don't get mad at people playing the Heroic Map on Halo 3 these days for free.

I personally wouldn't be mad at people getting it for free. But I imagine the bands and labels behind the music might be.

Struct09 said:
I personally wouldn't be mad at people getting it for free. But I imagine the bands and labels behind the music might be.

I'm sure they licensed the songs with this in mind, otherwise this idea wouldn't even be a fart in the wind. It would be literally impossible. It would never happen. No one would be hinting at it or bewildered at why no one figured out how it's going to be done. It would be a pipe dream. A whisper in the wilderness. A spook story that Neversoft devs tell their bands at night. "License your songs to Harmonix and the lawyers that arranged the contracts for the licensing of songs for the video game Rock Band will get you." But no one ever really believes.

Picture of the drums for those who haven't seen it.
123mbs5.jpg

The Jer

Dirtbag 504 said:
drumrocker.com

Ion Drums - $300

Ships mid-september.

I just bought a set.

total with tax and shipping $344.99

ho-lee crap.

and that's without the game or any other peripherals.
and you'd have to get a second drum set if you wanted the other instruments and the game. (i hope it doesn't end up that way.)

Dirtbag

The Jer said:
ho-lee crap.

and that's without the game or any other peripherals.
and you'd have to get a second drum set if you wanted the other instruments and the game. (i hope it doesn't end up that way.)

Yup pretty much, I only plan on buying the game.
I use to drum when I was younger, and I will play this set outside of the game. At least with this set, there is no arguement about jumping back onto a real set and playing.

My two biggest hopes are A). It works with GH:WT and B). My omega pedal works with this set. It probably will because it's such a simple bit of circuitry.

The Jer

atomsk said:
i will file the drums and real guitar with RB guts as "can't afford but waaaaaaaaaaant"

goddamn
In the same boat. Man I want that drum set. But, RB2 is going to be about as much as I can afford as is.

rohlfinator said:
obligatory indeed. I was about to do that! :lol
Dirtbag 504 said:
How about rockband 2 install and use Rb1 disk to load the game up?

EDIT: OOOOH WAIT, I'VE GOT ONE.

Mail in your disk for a code to download all tracks as dlc!
my thoughts: what about people who don't want to buy a RB2 disc? I was thinking on my bike ride home today that they could make two separate downloads available: one with all the RB1 tracks and one with all the RB2 tracks. RB1 tracks for the people who want the RB2 features on the disc and the RB1 tracks and RB2 tracks for people who don't care about new features and just want the new songs. eh? eh?

Gwanatu T

W.O.W.

That track list
That insane drum set
And a real guitar with RB guts?

It's just a shame there's no song creator here, otherwise this would be the be-all-end-all music game.

ZeoVGM

Banned
bune duggy said:
RB1 tracks for the people who want the RB2 features on the disc and the RB1 tracks and RB2 tracks for people who don't care about new features and just want the new songs. eh? eh?

That's such a small minority, who even cares?

Onemic

Duck said:
Yeah, there's going to be a very limited amount of real guitars with Rock Band guitar guts sold.

So it's like the limited drum set, where you can play RB with it? fuck, I love HMX

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
:lol Holy fuck is that awesome. No way I could ever justify that. My fiance would shove the whole thing up my ass :lol

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
storybook77 said:
I would love to have it but the wife would kill me due to the price and the amount of space that thing would take up. :lol
It folds flat. Now your only excuse is having balls the size of peas. Don't worry... you can still make this happen. Don't tell her how much it costs. (obviously this doesn't work online) It works for her.

scola said:
Holy fuck is that awesome. No way I could ever justify that. My fiance would shove the whole thing up my ass
Wow, if she's that pleasant now, just imagine how wonderful married life will be.
run!

Dirtbag

TAJ said:
It folds flat. Now your only excuse is having balls the size of peas. Don't worry... you can still make this happen. Don't tell her how much it costs. (obviously this doesn't work online) It works for her.

Wow, if she's that pleasant now, just imagine how wonderful married life will be.
run!

What did she cheat on you or something?

TAJ

Dirtbag 504 said:
What did she cheat on you or something?

Naturally. Only someone who's recently been done wrong could possibly want to spend his own money.
No. I'm fine.

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
TAJ said:
run!
Too late, doomsday is 2 weeks away :D

Don't worry about me, Ill be fine. In reality she doesn't care. she would drop mad nerd jokes on me though, to which she is fully entitled. buying this for a game is uber nerdy:lol

TAJ said:

Let's see within the past 6 months I've bought a PS3, a Wii, a new Yamaha receiver, and a brand new 55" Sony Bravia 1080p 120hz tv plus she has agreed to purchase a new tv for the game room this holiday season. In other words, I'd rather not push my luck. :D

Dirtbag

storybook77 said:
Let's see within the past 6 months I've bought a PS3, a Wii, a new Yamaha receiver, and a brand new 55" Sony Bravia 1080p 120hz tv plus she has agreed to purchase a new tv for the game room this holiday season. In other words, I'd rather not push my luck. :D

I think you should... so when she divorces you, she can marry me :D

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
storybook77 said:

No gaming PC (Blackbird)?

$300, eh...

I hope they're planning to keep producing those kits for a while, because I can't justify the purchase right now, but in about a year I'll be all over that. The price seems a little on the high end for my tastes, but I'm glad to see that they went with a better quality manufacturer. $300 is still rather cheap for an electric drum kit; I have a friend that spent $1500 on his.

sneaky77 said:
that drumkit is only worth it if you plan to buy a brain and use it as en electric kit...
Yes... that's kind of the point of it. There's no way they could make a kit that's professional quality and still price it to compete with video game peripherals. This is targeted towards people who play Rock Band and also want to own a decent quality real drum kit.

Argyle

Mr Jared said:
Of course you'll be able to play your Rock Band disc content. The method of doing it, however, is still under wraps.

Though I still can't believe GAF hasn't nailed it on the head yet =P

Here is my guess (in other words, this is how I would do it if I were running the show there).

All the songs from Rock Band 1 would be on the Rock Band 2 disc. I don't think Rock Band 1 filled up even a full X360 DVD, so there should be ample space.

The songs are only unlocked if it finds a valid Rock Band 1 save file on your machine. I'd set it up so that only the songs you have unlocked in RB1 will unlock on RB2. Remember, RB1 save files cannot be copied, only moved on 360 (and not even that on PS3), so it will be difficult to get a save file from someone else. In theory maybe someone could create a save file and move it to a memory card on 360 for someone else - but the game should be able to sign the save file with the profile that created it and refuse to work if the profile that loads it mismatches with the one that created it.

You could rent the game and spend some hours unlocking all the songs, sure, but that would be a pain, since it takes several hours to unlock everything. I think this would be a good compromise between giving the content away to everyone who buys RB2 and inconveniencing people who bought RB1.

You could solve the royalty problem by requiring an active network connection to unlock the RB1 songs - then you can track which songs are unlocked on that machine so you can pay royalties appropriately. Build the case where everyone unlocks everything into your cost estimate for the game, and you can pocket the royalties for people who never activate the RB1 content :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom