• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Anime Mafia |OT| My Little Scum can't be this cute! ()

hatmoza

I know this might be a funny request but... can the regulars here list 3 or 4 veterans from this game they consider great players? And another list of 3 or 4 players they consider reckless/incohesive? Anyone not listed I'll categorize as grey players.

It will help me get up to speed. It will also help me remember players.

DAY 1 CURRENT VOTE TALLY:

WhereAreMahDragonz (3)
BlackBuzzard 320
30yearsofhurt 529 546
Nomadic Sparks 615
Haly 647

TheExodu5 (1)
cabot 565

hey_monkey (1)
TheExodu5 344

oreomunsta (1)
Palmer_v1 709

Kyanrute (1)
Dusk Soldier 308 571
squidyj 704

Nomadic Sparks (1)
Palmer_v1 352 398
cabot 353 565
ultron87 597 746
WhereAreMahDragonz 620

No Lynch (1)
Poltergust 119
Nomadic Sparks 351 615

Zubz (1)
SkyOdin 684

ultron87 (1)
Dusk Soldier 745

squidyj (1)
cabot 116 146
SkyOdin 131 528
30yearsofhurt 251 529
Cewyn 596

Poltergust (1)
squidyj 289 704
rac 601

Dusk Soldier (1)
cabot 305 347
hey_monkey 687

30yearsofhurt (0): rac 335 601

hatmoza (0): cabot 347 353, hey_monkey 453 683

cabot (0): Palmer_v1 274 352

Haly (0): cabot 146 305, Palmer_v1 398 709

rac (0): Swamped 204 678, 30yearsofhurt 220 251

Palmer_v1 (0): Dusk Soldier 571 745

No active vote for Day 1: 30yearsofhurt (has previously voted), Bowlie, hatmoza, Kyanrute, oreomunsta, StanleyPalmtree, Swamped (has previously voted), ultron87 (has previously voted), Zubz

Day 1 Postcount: 30yearsofhurt 19, BlackBuzzard 14, Bowlie 11, cabot 85, Cewyn 11, Dusk Soldier 22, Haly 24, hatmoza 1, hey_monkey 65, Kyanrute 10, Nomadic Sparks 25, oreomunsta 24, Palmer_v1 40, Poltergust 41, rac 22, SkyOdin 37, squidyj 30, StanleyPalmtree 10, Swamped 12, TheExodu5 6, ultron87 11, WhereAreMahDragonz 81, Zubz 22

Day 1 ends:
cya_1492894800.png

12 votes for majority

Replacement for Nomadic Sparks is being contacted. For now, carry on.

Looking at what got Sparks banned, too, I'm starting to wonder if his reactions to things were just... normal Sparks. Which makes me suspect less. Σ(-᷅_-᷄๑)

As for you... not neutral, eh?

I don't think we're supposed to factor in behavior outside the Mafia thread, right?

(Although I totally had the same impression.)

Kevyt

I know this might be a funny request but... can the regulars here list 3 or 4 veterans from this game they consider great players? And another list of 3 or 4 players they consider reckless/incohesive? Anyone not listed I'll categorize as grey players.

cabot, Palmer, and umm... that's it for me, lol

I think he's referring to most of my early posts singling out Squidy. Mostly because, regardless of flavor, I came into this game wanting to take him down. Even if we were on an EVIL team, I'd bus push. Just watch me.

The rest of my posts/the brunt of Odin's argument are about last night's shipping conversation.

Tbh the way you come to your own defense when I ask another player something is not a good look (・Θ・;)

SkyOdin

Okay, sorry for letting your question go unanswered for so long, Dragonz. You happened to ask it right before I got busy doing something else, so I put it off until later. And I then let it slip my mind until you and Zubz talked about it just now.

I was actually just focusing on the massive power role speculation that derailed chat last night. It got pretty bad, and I know that a lot of people got wrapped up in it. It got to the point that some of the newbies such as 30yearsofhurt seemed to get the impression that all the talk of lovers was more than just speculation. I had the faint suspicion that scum might have been encouraging the talk, so I looked for anything that stood out as particularly strange. That is when I saw these posts (posts have been edited for length to keep post size down). I encourage reading the posts in their original context in case I missed important stuff other people said.

I don't know about Mafia, but Werewolf has Cupid, who wins when their selected Lovers are the only 2 other players remaining.

It's really the opposite. The Lovers & Cupid form their own Triad, & the Lovers have to make sure everyone else is dead. It doesn't matter what their original team or alliance was; no one else can be alive but the Lovers & Cupid.
It's way too early to be speculating the details here, but my guess is that Blarg put in 3 cupids: a Yaoi Shipper, a Yuri Shipper, & whatever a shipper who ships heterosexual couples is called.

While Zubz didn't start the talk or even get the ball rolling, Zubz dived into the speculation head-long and took it further than anyone else. Since Zubz had otherwise failed to make any sort of impression on me up to that point, I found it suspicious.

Since Zubz has since been more active and helpful, and has even posted a read list, my desire to push him as a lynch candidate has waned a fair bit. However... I am curious as to why Zubz immediately thought of his interactions with squidyj at the start would be my rational for voting for him. I hadn't noticed much about them other than just a sense of rivalry carried over from a previous game, not unlike my lingering grudge for cabot and vague sense of camaraderie with stanlypalmtree. But apparently Zubz thinks otherwise.

So Zubz, why did you think those posts were your most suspicious?

Swamped

Banned
Secretly relieved that Nomadic was banned. I think that would have been the wrong vote for today.

I was really unsure about Haly. I didn't like his reads post. All his scum reads basically have no real basis to them. For example, how could he tell that Exodus is scum? He has posted so little with so little content that I personally can't even form a gut read on him. Similarly, his read of rac. Haly scum-reads him for no good reason. BUT he ends up voting for Dragonz, a vote that's bound to get some scrutiny given that she is a top poster. Not sure if that is a scum move. HOWEVER it is also a vote that comes in third, after BB and Nomadic. Trying to get some early bandwagons going?

VOTE: Haly

On the other hand Monkey's reads post gives me town vibes. It really felt like a genuine dissection of every players posts. Of course, this is something a good scum can replicate, especially on D1, but I think there is very little parroting in her posts. Leaning town.

Thanks. My okasan thinks so too~

I'm...I'm...not your okasan right??? Cos you're my waifu, and that would be weird...right???

Speaking of Dragonz, unsure. Her first vote was pretty late in the day, but she had shown suspicion of Nomadic prior to that. This post explains her vote. I don't agree with it, because why would a newbie scum want to target the highest post count player on D1? They can easily try to slip into the background and simply kill the player on N1. But I've definitely felt that same persecution as town that maybe Dragonz feels. Leaning town, but I've been burned by her before ヾ(✿>﹏ ⊙〃)ノ .

I think I feel pretty good about Sky too. I like his most recent post about Zubz, lets me see him in a new light. I'm unsure about Zubz and could be persuaded to vote for him.

Swamped

Banned

I haven't played every game, but out of the current player list I would say Palmer, Squidy, Cabot
when not drunk
and Dragonz
when not drunk
are our strongest players. Palmer and Dragonz are strong as scum too. Cabot, haven't really had a chance to see him as scum yet so unsure.

I would describe Cewyn as a 'wild-card' - he usually leaves me guessing! Kyan shitposts a lot, but occasionally posts useful stuff. He is also a great scum player.

As I'm sure you are aware, these are all extremely subjective lol.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Secretly relieved that Nomadic was banned. I think that would have been the wrong vote for today.

I was really unsure about Haly. I didn't like his reads post. All his scum reads basically have no real basis to them. For example, how could he tell that Exodus is scum? He has posted so little with so little content that I personally can't even form a gut read on him. Similarly, his read of rac. Haly scum-reads him for no good reason. BUT he ends up voting for Dragonz, a vote that's bound to get some scrutiny given that she is a top poster. Not sure if that is a scum move. HOWEVER it is also a vote that comes in third, after BB and Nomadic. Trying to get some early bandwagons going?
Like you, I didn't think Nomadic was the right direction, which is why I went in the other. The reason I scum read rac is because we have some history in other communities, it has little to do with this game, just my own small joke. As it is Day 1, I rate people on a town-neutral-scum scale where people fall somewhere in between. Neutral-scum can be anything, for me, from 60% chance of scum to 75%. It's a wide range. Otherwise I'd read everyone as town because there's no clear cut "WOW THIS GUY IS TOTALLY SCUM" choice for me, there never is.

And Exodu5 is scummy cause he's coasting.

TheExodu5

Banned
Yeah, alright. Need to get in my stupid new vote choice.

Not sure what you're getting at or why you're insinuating anything. There's a lot of posts and it's pretty hard to go off of read lists and massive amounts of speculative fluff on limited time. I would like to offer more at this point but my time is limited until Monday and gut is all I can go on at this point.

That being said I haven't really formed a solid opinion on anyone at this point and hey_monkey hasn't really offered up any suspicion besides the initial self sacrificing post. For now:

Unvote

ultron87

Dusk's preoccupation with private chats is pretty odd. Especially his second post of the game by telling players to spill the beans on them immediately.

So, if you are town and you share a chat with someone whose alignment you don't know for a fact, that person is scum and you should tell us who they are.

Then he later went in on Cabot about it in very strange way.

He's protesting the existance of a hidden chat way too hard.

His responses don't read overly defensive to you monkey-chan?

What's the deal? Is there some history with nefarious hidden chats? (Besides scum chat of course.)

Haly

What's the deal? Is there some history with nefarious hidden chats? (Besides scum chat of course.)

We've had multiple games with side chats that go beyond the standard scum chat and they've left their scars.

SkyOdin

We've had multiple games with side chats that go beyond the standard scum chat and they've left their scars.

The taco-shack from hell, right? Are there others that happened? I heard some of the love boats were less than lovey-dovey.

TheExodu5

Banned
Dusk's preoccupation with private chats is pretty odd. Especially his second post of the game by telling players to spill the beans on them immediately.

Then he later went in on Cabot about it in very strange way.

Not to delve too much deeper into the role speculation from earlier, but wouldn't it make sense for Dusk to be a cupid fishing for lovers to reveal themselves?

Haly

The taco-shack from hell, right? Are there others that happened? I heard some of the love boats were less than lovey-dovey.

Archer had a volunteer chat, first come first serve at the start of every day phase, four people. Town basically snapped it up, and formed their own secret alliance of confirmed townies (one of them was a cop). RIP Archer scum.

I was Archer scum.

30years - what are you latest opinions on Haly, Rac and Zubz?

As I'm new here I have no idea of play styles or relationships.
I have less of an idea of how GAF does mafia.
I've previously played mafia on a football forum that was very heavy on convoluted roles.
In my previous experience I've played games where town took out an investigator on a day 1 lynch and the rest of the game was blind stabs in the dark until scum won. I'm totally against a day 1 lynch. Seeing a write-up or feedback on people you know is so vital for directing a strategy for town.

Haly - no idea. Not paid any attention to what they've posted. Like the avatar though.
Rac - I semi-jokingly voted for them based on your vote and his 'dodgy' response to that. other than that nothing is ringing any bells.
Zubz - Is acting the most sus. Casting aspersions. Again they could be joking, I cant tell as I don't know him or his playstyle.

I strongly suspect that everything we're guessing will be turned on its head once we get a writeup and feedback from town who have powers. I'm just relying at the moment on feedback of the regulars here.

Bowlie

Banned
Came home; my niece is so adorable <3 It's 1:30 in the morning, I have ~4 pages to read and others to re-read, but I wanted to skim and search for Nomadic's answer to what I asked earlier.

lol even if I were tell you the truth, you would still it's think bullshit

I see you're banned (I hope everything's fine) so I won't ask you again.
You started the game by advocating firmly for No Lynch, then since you got two votes for you changed to being very defensive and passive-aggressive, and later changed your vote towards someone.
You warned about something bad that could happen if you got lynched, but refused to say more because you assumed we wouldn't believe you, not allowing us a chance to trust you (I'm still not asking you to claim anything, just... you could have defended yourself better). You have at least been unhelpful and anti-town.

Vote: Nomadic Sparks

Came home; my niece is so adorable <3 It's 1:30 in the morning, I have ~4 pages to read and others to re-read, but I wanted to skim and search for Nomadic's answer to what I asked earlier.

I see you're banned (I hope everything's fine) so I won't ask you again.
You started the game by advocating firmly for No Lynch, then since you got two votes for you changed to being very defensive and passive-aggressive, and later changed your vote towards someone.
You warned about something bad that could happen if you got lynched, but refused to say more because you assumed we wouldn't believe you, not allowing us a chance to trust you (I'm still not asking you to claim anything, just... you could have defended yourself better). You have at least been unhelpful and anti-town.

Vote: Nomadic Sparks

Yeah, good luck with that.

SkyOdin

I can't really agree with pushing to lynch someone who has been banned and will likely be replaced. He can't even make any counter-arguments anymore. If he is town, then we won't learn much of substance from lynching him at this stage. The last 8 or so hours of the game and how the lynch target defends themselves at the final hour can be telling.

I can't really agree with pushing to lynch someone who has been banned and will likely be replaced. He can't even make any counter-arguments anymore. If he is town, then we won't learn much of substance from lynching him at this stage. The last 8 or so hours of the game and how the lynch target defends themselves at the final hour can be telling.

I agree with this. And SkyOdin continues to be pretty unfailingly someone I support.

OK, after reviewing the posts of the more inactive members, I finally decided on someone:

Vote: Kyanrute

My reasoning is that he has done extremely little to justify why he should stick around due to the vast majority of his posts providing nothing of substance.

Also, I know it's ironic for me to point this out, but he also claimed to be a normal Townie and everyone seemed to have skimmed over it...? He also claimed that role when it has already been established that more people saying that they're ordinary townies is bad for us (courtesy of my earlier blunder).

He's basically acting like a more trolly squidyj, who is already suspicious enough to begin with.

SkyOdin

OK, after reviewing the posts of the more inactive members, I finally decided on someone:
He's basically acting like a more trolly squidyj, who is already suspicious enough to begin with.
Can you point out which post Kyanrute claims? I think I missed that.

SkyOdin

Thanks Poltergust.

I think the main reason that kyanrute has flown under my radar thus far is due to the fact that he posts mostly when I am asleep. I've read all of his posts while I was waking up in the morning and catching up on the thread.

Kyanrute is definitely going for a some sort of "keep everyone confused and guessing by intentionally playing in a weird style" strategy. The role claim is really just part of a larger sequence of strange behavior that is probably more familiar to the Mafia GAF regulars (who I don't really count as).

A neutral read would probably be generous. Kyanrute has contributed some useful insights, but it is still pretty sparse. I have no idea whether or not to take anything he says seriously.

Palmer_v1

I don't think i've played with Kyanrute, so I'm not sure. My only major concern since last time is this most recent vote of bowlie's. Feels like an empty gesture to me.

My reasoning is that he has done extremely little to justify why he should stick around due to the vast majority of his posts providing nothing of substance.

Also, I know it's ironic for me to point this out, but he also claimed to be a normal Townie and everyone seemed to have skimmed over it...? He also claimed that role when it has already been established that more people saying that they're ordinary townies is bad for us (courtesy of my earlier blunder).

He does that literally every game he's been in, it's a running mafia joke here

Kyanrute

kyaaa

kyaaa has been verily busy. ofc still means that him being busy can be used against him, feel free to do that. trying to get more in before the end, have some time now.

and the claim is a joke

Kyanrute

wait, is this asking me to be anime about me gutfeels, asking for my gutfeels about anime, or saying im top anime gutfeel?

also what about zubz do you like?

on a quick read zubz felt very inoffensive and warm and friendly and fluffy what made me like him!

on a deeper read (reading the posts he made before my comment about him) he explains things a lot and speculates about mechanics! fluffy! scum!

Kyanrute

Good morning all. Are we still trying to analyze jack shit?

As I'm new here I have no idea of play styles or relationships.
I have less of an idea of how GAF does mafia.
I've previously played mafia on a football forum that was very heavy on convoluted roles.
In my previous experience I've played games where town took out an investigator on a day 1 lynch and the rest of the game was blind stabs in the dark until scum won. I'm totally against a day 1 lynch.
Seeing a write-up or feedback on people you know is so vital for directing a strategy for town.

I strongly suspect that everything we're guessing will be turned on its head once we get a writeup and feedback from town who have powers. I'm just relying at the moment on feedback of the regulars here.

decadesofpain keeps true to his character and still does not think we cannot do anything before space power role jesus-kun comes to save us all. gievs the deets why he feels like this. but still, this is lazy at best and scummy at worst. we can do nono must trust in power role magic is a ez card to play on d1.

but yeah, 30, let's assume the lynch today gives little info and the nk as well is rather boring. in that case, will you continue to sing your song tomorrow as well?

Lynching inactives is a scum move, MiniMaf taught me that.
thats funny, the entire Gafia season 7 taught me that ignoring inactives is a great way for town to lose in some of the most frustrating ways possible.

I know this might be a funny request but... can the regulars here list 3 or 4 veterans from this game they consider great players?
a whole 4?
And another list of 3 or 4 players they consider reckless/incohesive?
only 4?

but in an actual kinda answer, i would say caboot and squidyj are the two stronger (great is a strong word) players here, and Kyanrute is by far the biggest convicted shitposter in this game, hence why im gonna have to disagree with the recent shade thrown his way.

22. [m] StanleyPalmtree - Seems like standard Stanley. No read on either side.
wait, have we played together before?
jeez, my ability to remember past games is terrible.

Top Bottom