• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Anime Mafia |OT| My Little Scum can't be this cute! ()

Burbeting

Banned
DAY 1 CURRENT VOTE TALLY:

WhereAreMahDragonz (3)
BlackBuzzard 320
30yearsofhurt 529 546
Nomadic Sparks 615
Haly 647

No Lynch (1)
Poltergust 119
Nomadic Sparks 351 615
30yearsofhurt 796

ultron87 (2)
Dusk Soldier 745
Squidyj 762

TheExodu5 (1)
cabot 565

oreomunsta (1)
Palmer_v1 709

Kyanrute (1)
Dusk Soldier 308 571
squidyj 704 762
Poltergust 783

Nomadic Sparks (1)
Palmer_v1 352 398
cabot 353 565
ultron87 597 746
WhereAreMahDragonz 620782
Bowlie 778

Zubz (1)
SkyOdin 684

squidyj (1)
cabot 116 146
SkyOdin 131 528
30yearsofhurt 251 529
Cewyn 596

Poltergust (1)
squidyj 289 704
rac 601

Dusk Soldier (1)
cabot 305 347
hey_monkey 687

rac (1):
Swamped 204 678,
30yearsofhurt 220 251
Zubz 754

Haly (1):
cabot 146 305,
Palmer_v1 398 709
Swamped 765

hey_monkey (0)
TheExodu5 344 768

30yearsofhurt (0): rac 335 601

hatmoza (0): cabot 347 353, hey_monkey 453 683

cabot (0): Palmer_v1 274 352

Palmer_v1 (0): Dusk Soldier 571 745

No active vote for Day 1: hatmoza, Kyanrute, oreomunsta, StanleyPalmtree, ultron87 (has previously voted), WhereAreMahDragonz (has previously voted), TheExodu5 (has previously voted)

Day 1 Postcount: 30yearsofhurt 23, BlackBuzzard 14, Bowlie 12, cabot 88, Cewyn 12, Dusk Soldier 22, Haly 28, hatmoza 3, hey_monkey 68, Kyanrute 15, Nomadic Sparks 25, oreomunsta 24, Palmer_v1 42, Poltergust 44, rac 22, SkyOdin 42, squidyj 31, StanleyPalmtree 12, Swamped 15, TheExodu5 8, ultron87 13, WhereAreMahDragonz 86, Zubz 24

Day 1 ends:
cya_1492894800.png

12 votes for majority

Swamped

Banned
I will be away until day end because of the science march. Will be around for a bit after I post this though.

Like you, I didn't think Nomadic was the right direction, which is why I went in the other. The reason I scum read rac is because we have some history in other communities, it has little to do with this game, just my own small joke. As it is Day 1, I rate people on a town-neutral-scum scale where people fall somewhere in between. Neutral-scum can be anything, for me, from 60% chance of scum to 75%. It's a wide range. Otherwise I'd read everyone as town because there's no clear cut "WOW THIS GUY IS TOTALLY SCUM" choice for me, there never is.

And Exodu5 is scummy cause he's coasting.

Thanks for the explanation. It's not quite enough for me to get rid of my suspicion of you, but it's appreciated.

As I'm new here I have no idea of play styles or relationships.
I have less of an idea of how GAF does mafia.
I've previously played mafia on a football forum that was very heavy on convoluted roles.
In my previous experience I've played games where town took out an investigator on a day 1 lynch and the rest of the game was blind stabs in the dark until scum won. I'm totally against a day 1 lynch. Seeing a write-up or feedback on people you know is so vital for directing a strategy for town.

Haly - no idea. Not paid any attention to what they've posted. Like the avatar though.
Rac - I semi-jokingly voted for them based on your vote and his 'dodgy' response to that. other than that nothing is ringing any bells.
Zubz - Is acting the most sus. Casting aspersions. Again they could be joking, I cant tell as I don't know him or his playstyle.

I strongly suspect that everything we're guessing will be turned on its head once we get a writeup and feedback from town who have powers. I'm just relying at the moment on feedback of the regulars here.

Thanks 30. Just wanted to get a better idea of your thinking. I guess you're gone for the day, but wanted to know more about the 'aspersions' Zubz is casting according to you. I see he only voted for Rac so far, because it's 'useful'. He was kinda wishy-washy about Nomadic before that. So not sure I like your read on Zubz tbh.

I see you're serious about your no-lynch vote. I think your reasoning is troubling. First, you seem certain that we have PRs (power roles) that will unequivocally tell us who scum is. Some games don't even have a cop. And even if we did, it would be highly unlikely that they will come forward with their information on D2, as they would have probably investigated a townie. I also think a no-lynch vote is a great way for newbie gaijin-scum to stay out of the voting fray, especially if they can't make it for the rest of the day. So, even though 30 was not previously on my radar, I'm quickly getting more suspicious of him.

6 hours to go, ah shet. thought there was longer.

no way am i gonna be awake for that, so until then i leave yous with

VOTE: 30yearsofhurt

imma go be unconcious now

Kyanrute

dusk hmm. a bunch of dusk things. #571's "pls be of murderereings" i like. but otherwise ehh. someone, might've been monkey, pointed out that duskie is focusing on specific things, i'd agree with that.

Swamped

Banned
Hmm not seeing much in Stan's posts either. I could definitely see myself voting for him. He seems very hands off so far.

30 has me suspicious and I could be convinced, but I feel comfortable with my Dusk vote for now. But with so many silent or away I'm concerned we are gonna end up wasting the day.

Kyanrute

rac feels very inoffensive. veeeery inoffensive. suspicious. polter vote very ez. worth revisiting him after the chaos (that is yet to come obv.) imo.

Palmer_v1

Vote: Bowlie

That Nomadic Spark vote is such a scum copout cause they know we're not going to lynch Nomad today. This way bowlie leaves no useful vote trail behind.

DAY 1 CURRENT VOTE TALLY:

WhereAreMahDragonz (3)
BlackBuzzard 320
30yearsofhurt 529 546
Nomadic Sparks 615
Haly 647

Obviously Sparks can't change his but I would encourage you others to switch away from Dragonz. This isn't a defense of her - she's on my radar, too, though I do like to have a compatriot in cute faces - but it won't happen today. If she's scum, we can get her tomorrow. I think she successfully deflected (which is suspicious in itself; she made it so effortless) and the tides have shifted to others. And we're running out of time.

SkyOdin

Obviously Sparks can't change his but I would encourage you others to switch away from Dragonz. This isn't a defense of her - she's on my radar, too, though I do like to have a compatriot in cute faces - but it won't happen today. If she's scum, we can get her tomorrow. I think she successfully deflected (which is suspicious in itself; she made it so effortless) and the tides have shifted to others. And we're running out of time.
Do you have anyone in mind that you suspect?

Do you have anyone in mind that you suspect?

I feel very strongly about Dusk Soldier but it looks like there is a contingent that is going to move for 30yearsofhurt. Dusk, for me, has been too specifically aggressive on some points and totally ignores argument/critique of it; I am not the only one to voice suspicion and he's just not engaging with it. That reads scum to me. I do like Palmer's reasoning on Bowlie above, too. But I also wonder if Bowlie was just a cop-out due to real life niece issues. You?

Ugh, I almost edited! I didn't mean Bowlie was a copout for Palmer but rather if Bowlie was too caught up in playing with niece to really pay attention to all the drama a Sparks vote would surely cause. Like that's a trap I don't think someone would have stepped in otherwise - unless it is a ploy. That one is a pendulum - there's no middle ground with Bowlie's vote. It's either ploy or oops.

hatmoza

I see all these compliments, you're all still scum bastards.

I need to know who are the logical players. If there's one thing I hate it's "shitposters" as palmtree calls them (was it palmtree?)
I'm not only trying to get to speed but I'm also trying to get reads on players based on answers or lack thereof.

Kyanrute

I need to know who are the logical players. If there's one thing I hate it's "shitposters" as palmtree calls them (was it palmtree?)
I'm not only trying to get to speed but I'm also trying to get reads on players based on answers or lack thereof.

kyan fanclubTM (c) has a open admission policy. please contact your local kyan fanclubTM (c) admission office for admission into kyan fanclubTM (c).

From this group of players, i would say that Swamped-hime, and the_Exodu5-kun are the most analytical.

Maybe Ultron87-kun as well. I have only played with half the players here before though.

SkyOdin-kun and Haly-kun are both coming across as fairly analytical and serious, though I've never played with either before.

SkyOdin

SkyOdin-kun and Haly-kun are both coming across as fairly analytical and serious, though I've never played with either before.
I doubt I've left enough of an impact here on Mafia GAF to create any sort of reputation. I'm comparatively new and I've mostly been night-killed or lynched by Day 3.

Bowlie

Banned
I can't really agree with pushing to lynch someone who has been banned and will likely be replaced.

Yeah, good luck with that.

My only major concern since last time is this most recent vote of bowlie's. Feels like an empty gesture to me.

Please don't vote on banned players. That's like kicking a small child

That Nomadic Spark vote is such a scum copout cause they know we're not going to lynch Nomad today. This way bowlie leaves no useful vote trail behind.

My vote yesterday had nothing to with him being banned or not. I spent the entire day thinking "if nomadic gives me another passive-aggressive response, I'll vote for him", and I only learned he was banned as I was reading his post by 1AM. I wouldn't be lying about real life stuff.

It was not a "I'll vote for him because he's banned and defenseless", it was a "I'll vote for him because I wanted a good answer since thursday and he has not given me one".

30years voting no lynch with no explanation why, is him just coasting and i don't like it, he could very well be scum.

The only the only thing he has contributed to is talking about game mechanics we don't know exist and how we should have patience and that the chance of lynching scum on day 1 is small all of these things set off alarm bells in my head.

As a request to Hatmoza can you give me reads on 4 players.

Bowlie

Banned
No active vote for Day 1: hatmoza, Kyanrute, oreomunsta, StanleyPalmtree, ultron87 (has previously voted), WhereAreMahDragonz (has previously voted)

That being said I haven't really formed a solid opinion on anyone at this point and hey_monkey hasn't really offered up any suspicion besides the initial self sacrificing post. For now:

Unvote

^ his last vote. A mistake, burb?

SkyOdin

Alright, now I will say this much:

I genrally think Nomadic Sparks, squidyj, and 30yearsofhate qualify as "easy targets". Squidy made that (joking?) cop claim at the start, while both Nomadic Sparks and 30yearsofhate have been openly skeptical of the idea of Day 1 lynch. However, just because they are easy Day 1 targets doesn't make them the best choices to lynch.

To be honest, I am somewhat sympathetic to 30yearsofhate and Spark's position. I don't at all agree that a No Lynch vote is correct, but apparently they both came from mafia communities where it was the norm. From some of 30yearsofhate's comments, it sounds like he in particular is from a Mafia community where power roles may have had a very different balance paradigm than in our community. Considering that the Mafia GAF community went pretty unanimously for a No Lynch vote back in the very first Mafia GAF game, it seems to be a pretty normal train of thought for new players. So while I disagree with their No Lynch vote, I am willing to cut them some slack and not consider it scummy behavior. I do wish that 30yearsofhate made his case for making that No Lynch vote when he voted, but that isn't exactly unusual behavior around here.

What I do consider suspicious is how several people have focused entirely on the "easy targets". I think hiding behind an easy vote against people who clash with the rest of group is what scum will try to do on Day 1. A good scum team will try to lie low and blend in with the rest of the pack at first. Now, we could have a bunch of newbie scum making newbie mistakes, but I think that is a dangerous assumption given that scum teams have been on a winning streak as of late in Mafia GAF. It is safer to assume that the scum team is smart and dangerous.

So I don't think I will be voting for 30yearsofhate today.

Kyanrute

blackbuzzard hmmmmm. don't fancy the push for 30 in general. the justification is kk ofc and i know of at least one case in gafia where a scum played the no lynch / rely on prs / a slight presence in general -card on day one so that ain't an impossible idea at all. but man it is a ez kill for scummies to jump on when the person in question ain't even present to defend themselves.

in the previous episodes there was the strange theory about dragonz and squid that felt fake to me. hmmm.

SkyOdin

My vote yesterday had nothing to with him being banned or not. I spent the entire day thinking "if nomadic gives me another passive-aggressive response, I'll vote for him", and I only learned he was banned as I was reading his post by 1AM. I wouldn't be lying about real life stuff.

It was not a "I'll vote for him because he's banned and defenseless", it was a "I'll vote for him because I wanted a good answer since thursday and he has not given me one".
No one was accusing you of voting for Nomadic Sparks because he was banned, but there is no point expecting a response out of someone who just got banned. In my experience very few NeoGAF bans are for anything less than a week or two. Nomadic Sparks is already out of the game, and will be replaced by someone new probably at some point during the Night phase. If you want an answer out of Nomadic Sparks, you won't be getting it.

Your defense here doesn't actually address any of the concerns people have with your action.

Alright, now I will say this much:

I genrally think Nomadic Sparks, squidyj, and 30yearsofhate qualify as "easy targets". Squidy made that (joking?) cop claim at the start, while both Nomadic Sparks and 30yearsofhate have been openly skeptical of the idea of Day 1 lynch. However, just because they are easy Day 1 targets doesn't make them the best choices to lynch.

To be honest, I am somewhat sympathetic to 30yearsofhate and Spark's position. I don't at all agree that a No Lynch vote is correct, but apparently they both came from mafia communities where it was the norm. From some of 30yearsofhate's comments, it sounds like he in particular is from a Mafia community where power roles may have had a very different balance paradigm than in our community. Considering that the Mafia GAF community went pretty unanimously for a No Lynch vote back in the very first Mafia GAF game, it seems to be a pretty normal train of thought for new players. So while I disagree with their No Lynch vote, I am willing to cut them some slack and not consider it scummy behavior. I do wish that 30yearsofhate made his case for making that No Lynch vote when he voted, but that isn't exactly unusual behavior around here.

What I do consider suspicious is how several people have focused entirely on the "easy targets". I think hiding behind an easy vote against people who clash with the rest of group is what scum will try to do on Day 1. A good scum team will try to lie low and blend in with the rest of the pack at first. Now, we could have a bunch of newbie scum making newbie mistakes, but I think that is a dangerous assumption given that scum teams have been on a winning streak as of late in Mafia GAF. It is safer to assume that the scum team is smart and dangerous.

So I don't think I will be voting for 30yearsofhate today.

I'm just going to start the SkyOdin fanclub, I think. ヘ(^o^ヘ)

I am hesitant to vote any of the newbies today, even though I have already spoken against newb protection on the grounds of being newbs. If we really do deserve it, go for it; we can always play again. But I do agree that I think most of the suspicious behavior is just a factor of not integrating yet with the Gafia population. If I'm wrong about that, it will show, I think, very soon. Almost all their reasons for being suspicious can be chalked up to newness - and if it's just savvy scum play, I think we'll be able to see it.

Bowlie, on the other hand, is not new. And I don't think this Sparks defense is going well. But I still don't see it as scummy.

Things I'm narrow-eyed about at the moment:
Dusk Soldier
the votes for rac
the read on Zubz as scum claimed by several
a whole lot of absent/inactive players

ultron87

30's "no lynch, Im out!" seems like bad enough of an idea that I can't imagine someone being advised by other scum team members would do it. Of course they could just be not being super communicative or not running stuff by each other.

cabot

I disagree Sky, they're not easy targets, they are just targets because they have done things which are suspicious or noteworthy.

For instance, I wasn't really hot on 30 through this phase, the no lynch just adds to the pile.

I feel like he's posted a few times but I don't remember anything from them, he's just sort of fleeted through the day.

cabot

I'm just going to start the SkyOdin fanclub, I think. ヘ(^o^ヘ)

I am hesitant to vote any of the newbies today, even though I have already spoken against newb protection on the grounds of being newbs. If we really do deserve it, go for it; we can always play again. But I do agree that I think most of the suspicious behavior is just a factor of not integrating yet with the Gafia population. If I'm wrong about that, it will show, I think, very soon. Almost all their reasons for being suspicious can be chalked up to newness - and if it's just savvy scum play, I think we'll be able to see it.

Bowlie, on the other hand, is not new. And I don't think this Sparks defense is going well. But I still don't see it as scummy.

Things I'm narrow-eyed about at the moment:
Dusk Soldier
the votes for rac
the read on Zubz as scum claimed by several
a whole lot of absent/inactive players

Dusk has form in the area of being really weird and 'uh'

This hidden chat sillyness is a new flavour, but its still the same tasty brand.

Kind of a struggle to read alignment from it, I don't remember Dusk being anything other than Town.

cabot

Is Dragonz seriously in the lead?

She's been super active, we have the most chance of being wrong Day 1.

People that contribute a lot are pretty damn needed to a game based on discussion.

Even if she's scum, she generates a lot of content. The more content, the more chance of catching someone out.

cabot

I'm sticking with my Exo vote for now, there's been far too little there and I don't like what is there.

I'll probably be around for day end (at the ladyfriends however) so I'll see how the situation is and deal accordingly.

Is Dragonz seriously in the lead?

She's been super active, we have the most chance of being wrong Day 1.

People that contribute a lot are pretty damn needed to a game based on discussion.

Even if she's scum, she generates a lot of content. The more content, the more chance of catching someone out.

Im fine with taking my vote off Dragonz for this day but i still don't trust her and her fluffy posts.

Kyanrute

cabot's staunch defense of dragonz is notable. not that there is anything wrong with his arguments (i for one agree with them) but still, notable.

can ya name these matters and why they feel concerning to you?

It was the No Lynch stance folks that I feel are bigger concerns. Polter and Nomad, and I guess 30's statement of No Lynch and then vanishing.

The No Lynch policy just seems really anti-Town, and there hasn't been a good explanation as to why they see it as a good idea.

Obviously, though, there's not much more to say about Nomad. Lynching 30 would is probably not the right move right now, though, because scum wouldn't put a controversial statement like that, and then walk away from the table...

cabot's staunch defense of dragonz is notable. not that there is anything wrong with his arguments (i for one agree with them) but still, notable.

I mean, I said similar things. I think we agree that a vote for Dragonz isn't a good strategy today. She's high on my radar but we've got better ways to spend day one - and I agree that we do need to generate more content.

SkyOdin

I'm sticking with my Exo vote for now, there's been far too little there and I don't like what is there.

I'll probably be around for day end (at the ladyfriends however) so I'll see how the situation is and deal accordingly.

I can understand your Exodu5 vote, but at this rate TheExodu5 isn't even going to hit the 10 post per phase requirement. He claims that he has been busy traveling outside of the game, and I am inclined to respect and trust those claims. It is in the community's interest to keep up the honor system on such claims.

I am more concerned by Cewyn. He hasn't made any sort of excuse, is just barely above the post limit, and has not made much in the way of meaningful contributions to the game. If we are going to target someone for inactivity, Cewyn is a better candidate in my book.

I mean, I said similar things. I think we agree that a vote for Dragonz isn't a good strategy today. She's high on my radar but we've got better ways to spend day one - and I agree that we do need to generate more content.

Well, we better decide on what is a good strategy in the next 3.5 hours. Unless a vote wins a majority, the day goes by without a lynch, right?

I can understand your Exodu5 vote, but at this rate TheExodu5 isn't even going to hit the 10 post per phase requirement. He claims that he has been busy traveling outside of the game, and I am inclined to respect and trust those claims. It is in the community's interest to keep up the honor system on such claims.

I am more concerned by Cewyn. He hasn't made any sort of excuse, is just barely above the post limit, and has not made much in the way of meaningful contributions to the game. If we are going to target someone for inactivity, Cewyn is a better candidate in my book.

Speaking of:

Day 1 Postcount: 30yearsofhurt 23, BlackBuzzard 14, Bowlie 12, cabot 88, Cewyn 12, Dusk Soldier 22, Haly 28, hatmoza 3, hey_monkey 68, Kyanrute 15, Nomadic Sparks 25, oreomunsta 24, Palmer_v1 42, Poltergust 44, rac 22, SkyOdin 42, squidyj 31, StanleyPalmtree 12, Swamped 15, TheExodu5 8, ultron87 13, WhereAreMahDragonz 86, Zubz 24

These are our lower posters. Some have given reasons. Some haven't.

SkyOdin

Well, we better decide on what is a good strategy in the next 3.5 hours. Unless a vote wins a majority, the day goes by without a lynch, right?

No, whoever gets a plurality of votes is lynched. Even if the top vote getter just gets two or three, they still die.

No lynch only occurs in a case of a tie, or if No Lynch has the plurality of votes.

If a majority of votes is reached, the day phase will immediately at the moment of the last vote, regardless of how far into the day phase we actually are. This is called a "turbo".

Bowlie

Banned
No one was accusing you of voting for Nomadic Sparks because he was banned, but there is no point expecting a response out of someone who just got banned. In my experience very few NeoGAF bans are for anything less than a week or two. Nomadic Sparks is already out of the game, and will be replaced by someone new probably at some point during the Night phase. If you want an answer out of Nomadic Sparks, you won't be getting it.

Your defense here doesn't actually address any of the concerns people have with your action.

You're right, I won't get answers from him now, but for most of this phase I have not felt as negative about someone's behavior as Nomadic's, who ended up accepting being lynched; that's just where my thoughts landed.

No, whoever gets a plurality of votes is lynched. Even if the top vote getter just gets two or three, they still die.

No lynch only occurs in a case of a tie, or if No Lynch has the plurality of votes.

If a majority of votes is reached, the day phase will immediately at the moment of the last vote, regardless of how far into the day phase we actually are. This is called a "turbo".

Oh, then never mind.

That said, scum can gang up on a particular person or force a no lynch with how spread out the vote is right now. Isn't that dangerous?

Kyanrute

It was the No Lynch stance folks that I feel are bigger concerns. Polter and Nomad, and I guess 30's statement of No Lynch and then vanishing.

The No Lynch policy just seems really anti-Town, and there hasn't been a good explanation as to why they see it as a good idea.

Obviously, though, there's not much more to say about Nomad. Lynching 30 would is probably not the right move right now, though, because scum wouldn't put a controversial statement like that, and then walk away from the table...

In the original post you mentioned that you had some unspecified concerns that you were willing to put down a vote on. Now it seems like you are thinking that those concerns are not worth of votes. Assuming I read this correctly, what changed and who is worthy of your vote right now?

SkyOdin

Speaking of:

These are our lower posters. Some have given reasons. Some haven't.

Of those low posters, there are three I will argue that we can disregard for now.

TheExodu5 and hatmova seem to have extenuating real-life circumstances and are below the ten post limit. I'll let our moderator decide what to do with them.

I am also inclined to cut Stanley Palmtree some slack. He is stuck in a timezone where almost no one else is awake and around while he is active, so he doesn't have many people to talk to in real-time. Despite that, I think he contributions have been meaningful.

I am more suspicious of those people on that list who are present on a regular basis and/or have padded out their meager post counts with fluff.

Top Bottom