• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Anime Mafia |OT| My Little Scum can't be this cute! ()

Big weekend, sorry I haven't been around. Just caught up though. And hmmm...

There are going to be some coincidences. But too many start to make me nervous. Dusk targeting the NK target N1... plausible but unlikely (unless he's responsible for the kill). I can buy it but it doesn't reassure me.

Dusk's second target then being also targeted by a switcher then starts getting a bit too convenient. I also tend not to believe that there are switchers until I absolutely have to.

However, Kyan had claimed PR so it makes sense there would be people on him. That no one has said anything, we should probably assume that either there is no switcher or that the switcher is scum. Again, I tend to default to not believing there is one.

Kyan's claim overall I think depends on less coincidence. I guess the logical step here is that Dusk is a male, targeted Kyan for the NK and failed because m ascetic, and then fabricated a cop check.

I think this is a more plausible narrative than the others.

Kyanrute

Basically you're saying that you think Blargonaut-senshu tried to kill you last night and failed because your character is male ascetic?

Scummies could have other males too. Not saying that I know for a fact that scum tried to kill me, just that it came to me as an explanation as to why there was no townie deaths. And now that I read my pm again, I'm paging the Bear to see just how my ability works.

yes i am giving scummies top quality info about whether or not they can kill me

thanks town

Kyanrute

Bear confirms that scum cannot use a male to kill me. Thus it is possible that I absorbed the kill.

you are fucking welcome scum i wish i was with you

So Dusk.

1. You are a meanie.
2. You are a townie that was redirected.
3. the answer you will go for, obviously

pick one

I'll admit there was a possibility that I was redirected, but honestly I doubt it.

I got a red check, which means I was redirected to a scum target. Why would the scum team risk that? It doesn't makes sense.

Kyanrute

I'll admit there was a possibility that I was redirected, but honestly I doubt it.

I got a red check, which means I was redirected to a scum target. Why would the scum team risk that? It doesn't makes sense.

SWITCH: KYAN AND MEANIE

dundundunnn

I mean if there was switching in play, I was a pretty good target for it I must say.

Thank you Captain Hindsight.

Kyanrute

But Dusk, the game is now about your stance. If you stand with the idea that you were not manipulated, I die and they come for you next. In the case you are town...

At this point I'm not sure what the point is is not finishing the claim. Seems likely Dusk or Kyan is getting done today. I tend to believe Kyan more so far personally but checking cop by lynching him instead of his red check is not typically ideal play if people believe Dusk. But I don't.

Vote: Dusk Soldier

Kyanrute

And for the record, Dusk is not using the "I am a pretty lady"-defense. Could've killed me with that. Rules out the desperate scum going for a 1-1 unfavorable trade, at least for now.

Kyanrute

then we lose 1 town and 1 scum. That puts town in a pretty good situation after 3 Day Phases.

Yeah, that's why I am not against it per se. Better alternatives might exist, haven't had the time to think about them, kinda had this whole name thing going on. Have to think, open to suggestions.

Kyanrute

Well, 1st determine if you trust me. If you don't, kill me. Know that this will lead to Dusk's lynch too the way I can see it. If you trust me, decide if you trust Dusk. If you don't, kill him. If you do, sing kumbaya as you try to figure out who to kill.

And for the record, Dusk is not using the "I am a pretty lady"-defense. Could've killed me with that. Rules out the desperate scum going for a 1-1 unfavorable trade, at least for now.
I mean... does it really? Seems more likely that he's just a male and thinking really hard about whether he could have been redirected before he calls you a liar.

For Kyan and Dusk to both be town, Dusk basically had to be redirected. I find it borderline impossible to believe there was any switching or tailor shenanigans were Kyan.

Kyanrute

I mean... does it really? Seems more likely that he's just a male and thinking really hard about whether he could have been redirected before he calls you a liar.

Very likely that he is male I feel. Female claim would not sit right at all at this point, no matter what his alignment. Could still be scum looking to extend the discussion: get me killed today and accept Dusk's death comes tomorrow. Discussion is stalled but scum continue to work, even though the loss is high. Cutting the losses, in other words.

Swamped

Banned
I'd like to see Dusk's breadcrumb regarding Sky. I do think Sky was an odd target because he was almost universally town read.

The redirect would more than likely be a town or neutral in this case. Agree a scum redirect would be very unlikely to start pointing unknown powers at their own team.

I'd like to see Dusk's breadcrumb regarding Sky. I do think Sky was an odd target because he was almost universally town read.

I'm surprised to see SkyOdin-kun bite it. Personally I was pretty suspicious of his day one play. I thought his helpful townie persona might have been fake, like a scum member hiding in plain site.

I was digging through his posts last night phase looking for evidence that I could use against him today, but actually didn't find anything incriminating. I guess it was a just a bad gut read.

It sucks to lose another PR, seems like town is already down 3, how many more could we really have left? I guess the only bright side is that I won't waste a day tunneling on a red herring.

Would have made a similar post about Kyanrute if he had turned out green.

Dusk, why did you reveal what anime you're from? I don't think that was at all necessary to make your claim more credible.

I had already revealed that my character was from BL on D2 when I felt I was in danger of being lynched.

Plus, people would have asked for flavour details in order to judge whether my claim was the truth or not. I included a lot of the details people typically ask for up front, so that in wouldn't look like I was making it up on the fly.

squidyj

Does anyone really think there's a world where we don't lynch kyan today?
I seriously doubt scum dusk is running around calling about red checks from a position of losing a team member in the night so I'd put him on town or neutral in spite of his honestly ridiculous lovers chat spiel earlier. If he's a neutral then he gets kyan and either he wins off that or doesn't get anything else afterward.
Either way we shouldn't let confusion reign and I don't care as much about a half ascetic as I do about a cop.

#kickkyantokurb

hatmoza

Maybe the redirecter accidentally redirected you to another scum faction if there is another faction.

I'm starting to find your story more and more believable because this would be a risky claim if you were scum. However, because you are vague about N1, it's keeping me wary.

Had a weekend that involved attending to personal urgent stuff, so again, I was a no show for most of the day :(

Read from several pages ago up until here, and my thoughts are WHAT THE HELL, TOWN??

How did Dusk just drive the entire conversation with a single claim that can't be fully verified?

Also, what happened to Blargo? Did he turn out to be scum?

squidyj

Had a weekend that involved attending to personal urgent stuff, so again, I was a no show for most of the day :(

Read from several pages ago up until here, and my thoughts are WHAT THE HELL, TOWN??

How did Dusk just drive the entire conversation with a single claim that can't be fully verified?

Also, what happened to Blargo? Did he turn out to be scum?

there's a simple way to verify dusk's claim you know.

there's a simple way to verify dusk's claim you know.

Is there a way that's a bit more pro-Town? Man, Dusk, Kyan, and WAMD are all proposing strats that can hurt Town, since it doesn't seem possible that they're all scum.

Kyan, asking for someone to claim their info is bogus. Especially if you are driving suspicion around a player not sharing a possibly made up claim.

WAMD, why would any Town player buy the "If you investigate me Dusk, you'll see I'm good, and then everyone sees I'm good :D" narrative? That's nuts

Sorry, my "since" should be a "and". They can't all be on the same team unless they coordinated a mess of a plan in which they implicate each other

Top Bottom