• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Anime Mafia |OT| My Little Scum can't be this cute! ()

Is there a way that's a bit more pro-Town? Man, Dusk, Kyan, and WAMD are all proposing strats that can hurt Town, since it doesn't seem possible that they're all scum.

Kyan, asking for someone to claim their info is bogus. Especially if you are driving suspicion around a player not sharing a possibly made up claim.

WAMD, why would any Town player buy the "If you investigate me Dusk, you'll see I'm good, and then everyone sees I'm good :D" narrative? That's nuts

I'm not trying to verify anything other than giving Dusk a cop confirmation

If I get a red check tomorrow then great, go ahead and lynch me. What does town have to lose, really? And even if Dusk doesn't check me and focuses on someone else to throw off scum, then great, because we might get another red check from it.

The only thing I ask is that protective roles be on Dusk tonight. My role will come from a flip and Dusk is way more valuable at this point.

Had a weekend that involved attending to personal urgent stuff, so again, I was a no show for most of the day :(

Read from several pages ago up until here, and my thoughts are WHAT THE HELL, TOWN??

How did Dusk just drive the entire conversation with a single claim that can't be fully verified?

Also, what happened to Blargo? Did he turn out to be scum?

I don't know if this is news to you or not, but cop claims usually turn out to be town, because if he is scum, then it's a risky gambit with way too much attention on him, and it's very easily dis-proven in the coming days. I fully believe he is legit. Scum-cop claims have no purpose, really. Unless he's scum and trying to draw out the real cop, which hasn't happened.

I'm not trying to verify anything other than giving Dusk a cop confirmation

If I get a red check tomorrow then great, go ahead and lynch me. What does town have to lose, really? And even if Dusk doesn't check me and focuses on someone else to throw off scum, then great, because we might get another red check from it.

The only thing I ask is that protective roles be on Dusk tonight. My role will come from a flip and Dusk is way more valuable at this point.

But there would be no point in doing that if Kyanrute gets lynched today and turns out to be exactly what Dusk claimed he is.

Very true. Which is why it should only happen for sure if Kyan flips town today.

If he does, then we know there's either a scum blackmailer / a redirect of some kind.

That also presents a problem, because there's no reason why there wouldn't be another redirect targeting you if we go along with your plan.

Assuming he's telling the truth, it's probably best if Dusk keeps his next target a secret.

If I get a red check tomorrow then great, go ahead and lynch me. What does town have to lose, really?

We would potentially lose another Town player. We're not doing so good with that on D3.

I don't know if this is news to you or not, but cop claims usually turn out to be town, because if he is scum, then it's a risky gambit with way too much attention on him, and it's very easily dis-proven in the coming days. I fully believe he is legit. Scum-cop claims have no purpose, really. Unless he's scum and trying to draw out the real cop, which hasn't happened.

My issue with it is where the trust in Dusk is coming from. He may be Town, but his plays since D1 are for himself. Unless we lynch him, our only option to safely assume he's stating the truth is to check everyone of his claims. Kyan will need to be lynched to see if he really is scum, and then you would need to be lynched to check whatever Dusk says about you.

Also, yes. Blarg was scum. I'm unsettled at how casually you took that news, tbh.

Sorry, I have posted before that D2 was a mess for me to digest, so I couldn't get a good read on Blarg. At this point, I'm happy that a scum is gone, but it's been a distant experience that I don't feel involved in

We would potentially lose another Town player. We're not doing so good with that on D3.

My issue with it is where the trust in Dusk is coming from. He may be Town, but his plays since D1 are for himself. Unless we lynch him, our only option to safely assume he's stating the truth is to check everyone of his claims. Kyan will need to be lynched to see if he really is scum, and then you would need to be lynched to check whatever Dusk says about you.

Sorry, I have posted before that D2 was a mess for me to digest, so I couldn't get a good read on Blarg. At this point, I'm happy that a scum is gone, but it's been a distant experience that I don't feel involved in

That's what why I'm saying that Dusk can tell me what anime I'm from, then we will know he's the cop and I don't have to die. Lynching is not the only way to clear someone.

Since when has Dusk been only playing for himself?

DAY 3 CURRENT VOTE TALLY:

Kyanrute (6)
Dusk Soldier 1765
Poltergust 1770
30yearsofhurt 1782
WhereAreMahDragonz 1850
squidyj 1862
Swamped 1863 1944
TheExodu5 1889

Dusk Soldier (1)
flatearthpandas 1968

Cewyn (1)
cabot 1817

hatmoza (1)
Kawl_USC 1812

Palmer_v1 (0): TheExodu5 1756 1772, flatearthpandas 1768 1961, TheExodu5 1772 1889

Poltergust (0): Swamped 1745 1857, squidyj 1746 1862, BlackBuzzard 1747 1838, WhereAreMahDragonz 1748 1842, rac 1759 1821, Kyanrute 1784 1902

ultron87 (0): Dusk Soldier 1760 1765

No active vote for Day 3: BlackBuzzard (has previously voted), Cewyn, hatmoza, Kyanrute (has previously voted), oreomunsta, Palmer_v1, rac (has previously voted), Swamped (has previously voted), ultron87

Day 3 Postcount: 30yearsofhurt 2, BlackBuzzard 12, cabot 20, Cewyn 1, Dusk Soldier 25, flatearthpandas 8, hatmoza 9, Kawl_USC 4, Kyanrute 74, oreomunsta 4, Palmer_v1 13, Poltergust 18, rac 3, squidyj 17, Swamped 11, TheExodu5 10, ultron87 2, WhereAreMahDragonz 39

Day 3 ends:
bla_1493758800.png

Automated vote tally here

10 votes for majority

Kyanrute

That's what why I'm saying that Dusk can tell me what anime I'm from, then we will know he's the cop and I don't have to die. Lynching is not the only way to clear someone.

Since when has Dusk been only playing for himself?

Or you are scum mates, trying to keep Dusk alive after my flip. Oh well, not my problem soonTM.

Kyanrute

And yeah, male ascetic is the role name. Ascetic is the actual role while the male is the modifier to it. Worded that somewhat vaguely to protect my gender via the awesome powers of confuse.

Kyanrute

See what happens during the night and strongly think about lynching Dusk. I do not like the plan that dragonz propped up. If she and Dusk are both scum and feel threatened enough, they will call the plan off, giving her them #townpoints by "proving" Dusk scum when he checks her. In general I find it very concerning how dragonz's activity changed from d1 onward. Getting the scum vibes. The reasons for Dusk should be obvious after my flip. Polter and Exo haven't changed from past. fep's attitude switch earlier on was odd, I felt. The weakest read. Squid's crowning achievements include not that much at all and he certainly likes to spin that narrative against me.

The meanie list excludes the less obvious scummies, because I'm not that amazongs with those. Imagine some ppl who did not participate really or had bit of a soft stance are scum. Easy to stay alive if you please everyone.

Meanies:

07. [m] Poltergust - New - EST
08. [m] flatearthpandas
14. [m] Dusk Soldier - EST
18. [m] squidyj - MST
19. [m] TheExodu5 - EST
20. [f] WhereAreMahDragonz - MST

Don't trust Karl and force him to post. Coaster. hatmoza for best newb. Good luck determining oreo, rac and 30. Cewyn too. Ultron should be on the scum list I think, his claim and all. The rest? I dunno, would love to see what happens during the night but I don't have a voice then sooo...

VOTE: WhereAreMahDragonz

choo-choo pls join my train is bestest

DAY 3 CURRENT VOTE TALLY:

Kyanrute (7)
Dusk Soldier 1765
Poltergust 1770
30yearsofhurt 1782
WhereAreMahDragonz 1850
squidyj 1862
Swamped 1863 1944
TheExodu5 1889
cabot 2012

Dusk Soldier (1)
flatearthpandas 1968

WhereAreMahDragonz (1)
Kyanrute 2017

hatmoza (1)
Kawl_USC 1812

Cewyn (0): cabot 1817 2012

ultron87 (0): Dusk Soldier 1760 1765

Poltergust (0): Swamped 1745 1857, squidyj 1746 1862, BlackBuzzard 1747 1838, WhereAreMahDragonz 1748 1842, rac 1759 1821, Kyanrute 1784 1902

Palmer_v1 (0): TheExodu5 1756 1772, flatearthpandas 1768 1961, TheExodu5 1772 1889

No active vote for Day 3: BlackBuzzard (has previously voted), Cewyn, hatmoza, oreomunsta, Palmer_v1, rac (has previously voted), Swamped (has previously voted), ultron87

Day 3 Postcount: 30yearsofhurt 2, BlackBuzzard 12, cabot 21, Cewyn 1, Dusk Soldier 25, flatearthpandas 8, hatmoza 9, Kawl_USC 4, Kyanrute 78, oreomunsta 4, Palmer_v1 13, Poltergust 18, rac 3, squidyj 18, Swamped 11, TheExodu5 10, ultron87 2, WhereAreMahDragonz 39

Day 3 ends:
bla_1493758800.png

Automated vote tally here

10 votes for majority

Kyanrute

in genenranal im worried about this recent tredn of

NO FUN ALLOWED

kyaaa thinks it is very dumdum

is game is supposed to be fun

nooo, say the meanies

play our way or the highway

is not fun really

shitpost is much fun yesyes

and i know someone who disagrees with kyaa wants to reply to this post with kyaa is wrong

but they bit dumdum in the head because kyaaa is right!

so pls shitpost more

im rooting for the weeb

and if the weeb is one of the dumdums, i am not rooting for the weeb

hail kyaaaa

Kyanrute

in general i tried to hard, that must be the case

a severe lack of shitpost, the doctor diagnosed

my only super town win came when i did nothing

fuck town is dumdum to play

hatmoza

Is there a way that's a bit more pro-Town? Man, Dusk, Kyan, and WAMD are all proposing strats that can hurt Town, since it doesn't seem possible that they're all scum.

Kyan, asking for someone to claim their info is bogus. Especially if you are driving suspicion around a player not sharing a possibly made up claim.

WAMD, why would any Town player buy the "If you investigate me Dusk, you'll see I'm good, and then everyone sees I'm good :D" narrative? That's nuts

A vibe...I just want to point out that this is quite the middle ground post concerning Kyan and Dusk that is careful not to side with either of them -giving you enough room to swing either way with your vote. Makes me think that one of them is your scum buddy, and you're playing it very cautious.

Is including WAMD an attempt to through people off track from the two... I wonder.

TheExodu5

Banned
Before any final push happens, we should get some reads out in the open. Don't lynch just yet.

I will post my reads in a few hours once I have some time.

in genenranal im worried about this recent tredn of

NO FUN ALLOWED

kyaaa thinks it is very dumdum

is game is supposed to be fun

nooo, say the meanies

play our way or the highway

is not fun really

shitpost is much fun yesyes

and i know someone who disagrees with kyaa wants to reply to this post with kyaa is wrong

but they bit dumdum in the head because kyaaa is right!

so pls shitpost more

im rooting for the weeb

and if the weeb is one of the dumdums, i am not rooting for the weeb

hail kyaaaa

So what exactly are you trying to say?

Kyanrute

It is bit of a joke vote with a hint of seriousness in it. dragonz is being scummy I feel. The realistic me would realize that she ain't gonna get lynched now and switch it to something like

VOTE: Dusk Soldier

this, even though the pessimistic me is trying to dress in the clothes of the realistic one and is saying that I am dead no matter what.

I don't think my vote matters really. But Cabbie or Karl will call me nasty words unless I switch to Dusk so I guess I'll leave my vote there.

See what happens during the night and strongly think about lynching Dusk. I do not like the plan that dragonz propped up. If she and Dusk are both scum and feel threatened enough, they will call the plan off, giving her them #townpoints by "proving" Dusk scum when he checks her. In general I find it very concerning how dragonz's activity changed from d1 onward. Getting the scum vibes. The reasons for Dusk should be obvious after my flip. Polter and Exo haven't changed from past. fep's attitude switch earlier on was odd, I felt. The weakest read. Squid's crowning achievements include not that much at all and he certainly likes to spin that narrative against me.

The meanie list excludes the less obvious scummies, because I'm not that amazongs with those. Imagine some ppl who did not participate really or had bit of a soft stance are scum. Easy to stay alive if you please everyone.

Meanies:

07. [m] Poltergust - New - EST
08. [m] flatearthpandas
14. [m] Dusk Soldier - EST
18. [m] squidyj - MST
19. [m] TheExodu5 - EST
20. [f] WhereAreMahDragonz - MST

Don't trust Karl and force him to post. Coaster. hatmoza for best newb. Good luck determining oreo, rac and 30. Cewyn too. Ultron should be on the scum list I think, his claim and all. The rest? I dunno, would love to see what happens during the night but I don't have a voice then sooo...

VOTE: WhereAreMahDragonz

choo-choo pls join my train is bestest

Don't be mad that the cop caught you, sensei.

Kyanrute

Though if I am correct or mostly correct at least, the tailor vibe is real.

The razor says I must not be mostly correct then.

Kyanrute

...in english that is.

Well actually this warrants a real answer now that I think a bit more. From the start, there has been a certain anti-Kyan wave against me that has accused me of shitposting, obfuscation, meaningless stances and whatnot. Mostly thought that it is just dumdums being the dumdums they are, the NO FUN ALLOWED dumdum bunch they are. But at the same time it is the world's easiest cover to hide behind in.

dragonz is really doing that too, using all the dank may-mays against me. But she is not doing it in a hostile way like some are. The hostility makes it hard to determine if the person is just being a dumdum or if they are scummies roleplaying. Just maymaying around gives me the the baaaad vibes. It is kk to maymay, not saying that it is a bad thing. But I feel she has gone bit too deep with it.

Kyanrute

and i just gazed into the minds of cabbie and karl and at least one of them wants to write a post where they in a sentence or two play down all the things i have written and say something like "you is going to die is logical way yes post much meaningless do kill"

what it is, i know, the options arent good

really just wanted to steal that from you. i am not seriously entertaining the possibility that i survive this day, no need to fluff the thread with that. let the professional fluffer do it for you!

Kyanrute

and now some fucker will write but you is still writing posts and you say is no fight?

contradiction?

yeah. a good one. too late though, my stealing skill is superb.

Though if I am correct or mostly correct at least, the tailor vibe is real.

The razor says I must not be mostly correct then.
Yeah, tailor would mean that you were successfully targeted by female Dusk and a female target and then also the target of an additional male whose action failed and the NK failed for a different reason because why would scum frame and nk you?

Nah. No frame. Either Dusk is lying or you are just caught scum imo. Dusks would be weird play for scum because it basically guarantees his lynch tomorrow. Either he is a cop as he says or he is a lyncher.

Unvote

I tend to believe Dusk now. Was really hung over earlier but Dusk has been calm whereas kyan is all over the place doing a woe is me narrative about his shitposting. I forgot about that near meltdown at the end of d2 as well. Not responding well under pressure.

rac

Banned
being 4 votes away from being lynched to then have the person you voted for d1 and d2 being 4 votes away

what a turnaround

Swamped

Banned
Dusk, can I also suggest Cewyn, Stan/Kawl and Rac as potential targets? It's challenging to glean their alignments because of how little they post.

rac

Banned
Dusk, can I also suggest Cewyn, Stan/Kawl and Rac as potential targets? It's challenging to glean their alignments because of how little they post.

i thought i was a chosen one? guess that really didnt go great for monkey though

ultron87

This weekend wasn't great for me. But now I'm here!

I've got to agree with the general consensus that killing Kyan makes the most sense. The most likely outcome is that Dusk is a cop who hit a scum. There are plenty of other less likely situations, but this is really the only way to narrow it down.

I'm not going to put us at close to majority with over a day left though.

TheExodu5

Banned

I'd like to add 30 and oreo to the list as well. Along with the ones you've mentioned, they are the biggest unknown's in my mind.

Top Bottom