• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ann Coulter and "Liberal Redneck" Trae Crowder on RT with Bill Maher 10/14

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know there's already a Real Time thread but this just seems like one of the best RTs in the making and I wanted to make more people aware of this.

I can't wait to see wait how Ann Coulter balet her way out a mountain of orange shit with all these "bathroom talk" tapes leaking and very likely even more deplorableness that is sure to come out of Sunday's debate.

And also if you aren't familiar with "Liberal Redneck" (I believe there was a thread about in the past) Trae Crowder is a comedian and this is more or less a character. Here is one of his amazingly entertaining and brutally spot on videos. I subscribed instantly.

Them both being on Real Time is just magic to me. I just wanted to share. Even if you don't like Bill Maher, this should be very entertaining.

Bill's other guest are:
Ex-Sen. Bob Kerrey (D- NE),
NYMag contributing editor Andrew Sullivan,
"All The Single Lady's" author Rebecca Traister

Edit: Oh Shit. Not sure if they are both panel guests though. I hope to god they are.

So nothing? Anything with Ann Coulter on it will just become about her and her shitty opinions. Maher will just argue and yell and be shrill as always.

Can't see the appeal in watching.

~Kinggi~

Banned
This was last night. This was a particularly exceptional episode. Lots of great discussion. It had Bernie Sanders. And Ann was absolutely batshit crazy. Like, i feel like you can see it in Bill's eyes he was witness a soulless void of crazy unlike he has seen in a long time.

demon

I don't mean to alarm you but you have dogs on your face
Just watched the episode. Forgot that this liberal redneck guy was going to be on it but he wasn't. Was glad that Coulter wasn't part of the panel so I was able to just fast-forward through her segment.

gdt

Yep I thought about making a thread on this episode. Bernie was fantastic and even got into some debating. The panel was great with different views on stuff.

And Ann was fucking nuts as usual

Foffy

Banned
Kerrey surprised the fuck out of me.

He had his finger on the automation and displacement problem better than Bill did, highlighting how the right and the left have failed the people on this issue by supporting and standing for non-answers.

Bill especially looked like a Republican with a "get another job!" retort regarding the issue being alluded to slightly in the Overtime segment. I blame his ignorance on the matter to be like that (and that may explain why most politicians are wrong here, too), because even Obama doesn't agree with him on that matter.

The Beard

Ann is so full of shit. She said if Obama was caught on audio/video admitting to forcing himself on random women and grabbing them by the pussy, she wouldn't make a big deal out of it and would just focus on the real political issues. Wut?

rjc571

Banned
Kerrey surprised the fuck out of me.

He had his finger on the automation and displacement problem better than Bill did, highlighting how the right and the left have failed the people on this issue by supporting and standing for non-answers.

Bill especially looked like a Republican with a "get another job!" retort regarding the issue being alluded to slightly in the Overtime segment. I blame his ignorance on the matter to be like that (and that may explain why most politicians are wrong here, too), because even Obama doesn't agree with him on that matter.

He's a republican because he wants coal to be phased out for safer and more efficient forms of energy, and thinks that people whose jobs depend on coal should be trained in new technologies to allow them to help modernize the industry? I think you got that backwards.

Staccat0

Fail out bailed
Ann is so full of shit. She said if Obama was caught on audio/video admitting to forcing himself on random women and grabbing them by the pussy, she wouldn't make a big deal out of it and would just focus on the real political issues. Wut?

She is a professional provocateur. People who give her a platform, including Bill Maher bringing her on for cheap/easy claps, are socially irresponsible. I'm tired of hearing about her.

She is the political equivalent of asking Fred Phelps to come on and talk about gay rights or having Iron Sheik come on and talk about the middle east. Fuck anyone for giving her money at this point. She doesn't mean anything she says. She's not even a good actress. It's boring and gross.

Foffy

Banned
He's a republican because he wants coal to be phased out for safer and more efficient forms of energy, and thinks that people whose jobs depend on coal should be trained in new technologies to allow them to help modernize the industry? I think you got that backwards.

He's a "Republican" because his answer amounts to "lolgetanotherjob" and as Kerrey alluded to, that's not as easy as the claim makes. It's too simple - and thus too stupid - of an answer to give to a deep change we're facing under the hood, here.

In fact, Kerrey highlighted the whole problem of potential precariousness of the person losing their job in the very first place on more than one occasion. It doesn't mean coal is good, but that the way we think about the necessity to labor makes even getting rid of the dangerous things we should get rid of unnecessarily difficult for the people caught in the blast. Republicans answers are to keep it as is, which is a garbage answer, and Democrats answers are to get rid of it and dangle something else, failing to realize the likelihood those displaced become precariats. These are both not good enough, the Republicans more so than the Dems, but they're both still shit.

Getting rid of bad jobs would be a hell of a lot easier if one's own floor didn't depend on having those jobs in the first place, and the fact people lack such a floor makes half-assed "move on" messages fail to deal with the tenacity of those situations, especially as automation forces it on people for productivity and capitalistic reasons, less so the moral and environmental ones.

Bill even agreed with him on the trucking automation remark, which makes his retort here genuinely puzzling. He knows of the displacement at risk, but in this one context, he really doesn't care and has no empathy for the risks involved on the personal level. That's similar to how both major parties have failed the people in this manner. There is not enough of a floor for people in this culture, so our answers seem to be "let them escape the void themselves" with some scapegoat solution being the panacea. That's bullshit.

TI82

Banned
Man, Bernie being on there made me wish he had won still. I'm still voting for Hillary because I'm human, but ugh.

Pretty sure Maher used to jok about fucking Coulter. They are long time friends and I think she agreed with him at one point and then she went off the deep end.

It was a good show last night. Bill is always fun during election season.

NYR

Man, Bernie being on there made me wish he had won still. I'm still voting for Hillary because I'm human, but ugh.
Bernie's plan and policies were just as bad economically and socially as Trump's. Google Horseshoe Theory.

Why do I feel like Maher and Coulter are fucking?

I would say Kellyanne Conway as well.

There's no way he's involved with Kellyanne Conway these days, but my gut has always said that he was in the early 2000's.

And same for Coulter except more so. There's NO way they weren't doing it in the late Politically Incorrect, early Real Time era. I'm positive she's about 80% character anyway.

demon

I don't mean to alarm you but you have dogs on your face
Bernie's plan and policies were just as bad economically and socially as Trump's. Google Horseshoe Theory.

This is complete fucking disigenuous garbage and "google horseshoe theory" is a beyond lazy attempt to justify your position. Not to mention in reality Sanders' policies and proposals aren't anywhere near as close to the left end of the spectrum as Trump's (and many Republicans) are to the right end.

The Beard

She is a professional provocateur. People who give her a platform, including Bill Maher bringing her on for cheap/easy claps, are socially irresponsible. I'm tired of hearing about her.

She is the political equivalent of asking Fred Phelps to come on and talk about gay rights or having Iron Sheik come on and talk about the middle east. Fuck anyone for giving her money at this point. She doesn't mean anything she says. She's not even a good actress. It's boring and gross.

She's just like Rush Limbaugh. Both of them say ridiculous things to get reactions. Neither one believes most of the bullshit that comes out of their mouths.

I dont believe in silencing people because I don't like them, or because they say controversial things though. Plus, I think she does more harm for the party than good, at least amongst people with brains.

karasu

She'll probably bring up Nicki Minaj lyrics again in her attempt to defend Trump. I hope Maher shuts that shit down.

~Kinggi~

Banned
The last 5 mins of the episode you can tell Bill was starting to tear up basically saying we are destined to nuke ourselves. Kind of disturbing actually.

There's no way he's involved with Kellyanne Conway these days, but my gut has always said that he was in the early 2000's.

And same for Coulter except more so. There's NO way they weren't doing it in the late Politically Incorrect, early Real Time era. I'm positive she's about 80% character anyway.

The impression I got from people in the wake of the Rob Lowe roast was that it's not really an act. FWIW.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom