• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Anno 2070 |OT| Time to Face the Future

Aselith

Anyone seen this from the Anno 2070 survey yet? (Choices are mine, questions are what matters)

annosettingjzoje.jpg

yespleasea5oj2.jpg

Also, Ubi knows me entirely too well:
ubiknowsmhrl8.jpg
Dislike very much to Wild West? :(

This is my first Anno game and I'm really enjoying it, although it gets a little frustrating every time I hit a wall and have to leave the game to go google another question. Here are a couple things I can't figure out:

I'm on mission 2 of the campaign where I have to decode the Virago data log. I reached the point where my fish supply went bad and it sent my Delta complex into economic chaos, so I reloaded an earlier save and I'm preparing myself better by spending more time advancing my Ecos and Techs and having alternate food supplies available before I trigger the fish catastrophe.

1. I want to plant rice and I've bought the Rice Fertility, but the game is telling me I can't grow any more seeds on my island. Is there a way I can get rid of a fertility I'm not using so I can grow rice?

2. Also, I want to put an oil rig on my underwater island of Sondar, it has 20,000t of oil as a resource and there is a glowing pile of rocks with a green arrow that I assume is the oil location, but when I try to place a rig I'm told, "Requires a raw material deposit Sondar". Do I need to "discover" the oil somehow? How do I go about doing that?

3. I've been looking at the Anno 2070 Wiki and it's been a help, are there any other links that have info helpful to a newbie player? Thanks!

Patch notes for a new update.

Updates to Anno 2070 have been released. The updates will be applied automatically when your Steam client is restarted. The major changes include:

Main changes:
- Additional ornamental buildings added
- Implemented ‘Instant pickup’ feature
- Military balancing refined
- The feature that lets you choose environmental influences in the Continuous Game settings does now work properly
- The single mission ‘Return to C.O.R.E.’ does not support Coop play anymore, due to complications with the NPC slots
- Increased the probability of a tornado disaster and the interval at which they can occur

Additional changes:
- Refined license balancing
- Rebalanced diplomatic actions ‘Stock trading’, ‘Research money’, ‘Investment’ and ‘Shady deal’
- Improved residence interface
- Improved rewards for Disaster Quests
- Explosions that are caused by disaster rather than player actions, do not destroy roads anymore
- Considerately increased the effect of the media channels ‘Check Up – The Consultation’, ‘Neighbourhood Watch’ and ‘Safety in Research’
- Increased building costs of the ‘River sewage treatment plant’
- Rebalanced energy and building costs of the ‘Deep sea warehouse’
- Fixed a graphical issue in 1600x900 resolution
- Fixed an issue where a Production Chain was still displayed in the Building Menu after the Ornament tab was opened
- Fixed an issue where Keto reappeared hours after she was defeated
- Fixed an issue with the display of the amount of inhabitants the Warehouse interface
- Fixed an issue with the build blocker of the Offshore wind park
- Fixed several minor text issues in tooltips, menus and achievements
- Fixed a minor graphical issue with the numbering of stacked items
- Fixed an issue where two items that affect all buildings of a certain faction had no effect on some buildings
- Fixed an issue where the ingame chat of a previous session was occasionally still displayed in a later session
- Fixed an issue where the camera would not change the zoom from under water to above water after clicking on a newsbar entry that related to an above water event
- Fixed a minor graphical issue with mobile buildings that occurred when the player did not have enough resources to build them
- Fixed a wrong mini map ping in one of Hiro Ebashis quests
- Pressing the ‘shift’ and ‘u’ while selecting another players residence buildings does not prompt the ‘Cheat discovered!’ message anymore
- Fixed an exploit that let you infinitely stack item effects on a single ship
- Fixed an exploit in the single mission ‚Free Market Economy’
- Fixed an issue where the wrong portrait picture of another player was displayed in multiplayer
- Fixed several issues in the Mission Ranking screen
- Improved third party reactions to trading with foes and friends
- Fixed an exploit that allowed unlimited gain of Influence with Tori Bartok by building and demolishing the same Academy building
- Multiplayer stability further improved

Glad to see them still supporting this. Looking forward to checking out the new ornamental buildings.

I've pretty much only been playing Continuous (super super easy settings) so I can build massive sprawling metropolises, but still absolutely loving it. Anno series <3

My friend and I we really are interested in this game but we need to know a few things before we purchase it. We love playing through Total War Shogun 2 campaign in co-op or Civilization 4/5 in teams against AI.

1) Is it possible to play the story/campaign mode in co-op with another friend?
2) Is it possible to play some kind of free/skirmish mode in co-op against AI? Pretty much as you would in games like Civilization, just us 2 in the same team vs a few AI opponents.

We're not interested in playing co-op vs 2 other human players. I've been trying to read every single review out there but the info about co-op is so sparse, I'd like some confirmation before buying the game. Would really appreciate if someone could give some concrete reply, thanks in advance. :)

Fitz

1) Is it possible to play the story/campaign mode in co-op with another friend?
2) Is it possible to play some kind of free/skirmish mode in co-op against AI? Pretty much as you would in games like Civilization, just us 2 in the same team vs a few AI opponents.

I've can't say about the campaign as I've never tried it with someone else, I doubt you can do it co-op, but I may be wrong. But there is a skirmish mode which is referred to as Endless, although you can set victory conditions if you want. It's pretty much the main game mode and that you definitely can play in multiplayer against AI with a human ally.

iidesuyo

After all these weeks I finally love this game :)

It would be hard to return to the medieval setting. But Yana and Rufus suck, I want characters that are more charismatic.

TheExodu5

Banned
Bought it during on sale.

I want to happily report that you can turn off bloom!

C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Roaming\Ubisoft\ANNO 2070\Config/Engine.ini

<RE_Bloom>1</RE_Bloom> change to <RE_Bloom>0</RE_Bloom>

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Bought it during on sale.

I want to happily report that you can turn off bloom!

C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Roaming\Ubisoft\ANNO 2070\Config/Engine.ini

<RE_Bloom>1</RE_Bloom> change to <RE_Bloom>0</RE_Bloom>

Oh snap, I might just have to buy it now.

DrFurbs

Hmm also considering this right now - I need a game that is a slow burner I can jump in and out of as I have a very busy schedule.

I think I will post this here as well just in case others had a similar issue.

So I just installed ANNO 2070 on my PC (yay steam sale) and for some reason now my windows task bar no longer shows up at the bottom of the screen whenever I have ANYTHING open full screen. It only shows up when everything else (browser, games, etc) is minimized. Also it does show up in some games like it covers up my action bars in WoW. Its just really annoying in general.

Anyone know how to fix this?

Edit: Essentially. My PC now treats my task bar as if the "hide automatically" option was selected, whether its actually been selected or not.

(also.....I turned on screen edge scrolling in the game.....yet the screen won't scroll)

TheExodu5

Banned
Do you have your Windows font size set to higher than normal? A buddy of mine had similar issues with VLC and Windows 7 when his font size was set higher than normal.

That's all I can think of.

DrFurbs

Meh my wife isnt paid until next week and the Steam sales ends soon...Grr..still I think I`ll jump in and get the demo for now.

Macattk15

Bought off Steam. Cannot connect to key server.

Cool. Steam is out of licenses. Wonder how long this will take to fix .... still charged me the $30 though of course.

Orlandu84

I bought the game yesterday, and I had no problem activating it. I really have to admit that I am impressed with the underwater components of the game as well as the Ark. I think that I am going to be playing this game for a while.

Another patch.
Updates to Anno 2070 have been released. The updates will be applied automatically when your Steam client is restarted. The major changes include:

The most important changes in overview:
- Notepad function implemented
- Rival Third Parties will got to war against one another
- DLC-related awards will only be included in the overall count if the corresponding DLC has been activated
- The "Dock" building is now much cheaper to both build and operate
- The sawmill produces more slowly
- Goods depots' Surface-to-air missiles do more damage
- Tornadoes occur more rarely
- Skylar Bane's World Council actions have been rearranged and significantly increased
- Seamus Green's World Council actions have been rearranged, with some weakened and some strengthened
- Underwater Oil fields have been significantly increased at all levels of difficulty
- A bug was fixed which led to own games being flagged as &#8222;Other game&#8221; and therefore certain achievements not being unlocked.

Further changes and bug fixes:
- NPC Ark Trading ships destroyed by tornadoes now respawn after some time, ensuring that the player still has a partner for passive trade
- Fixed an exploit occurring during trading with third parties per Drag&Drop
- The lumberjack now being correctly processes the "Summer Tree" decorative element
- A bug which led to interface elements being shown in the main menu whenever the game was paused has been fixed
- Ships on trading routes no longer automatically take on quest-related items such as the boarding crew
- Sound effect for placing a Summer Tree was corrected
- In the description of the ornamental building "Reflection", the statue is now properly referred to as an "ornamental building"
- Collision detection has been optimized for ornamental buildings
- The Keeper and Guardian buildings are now correctly referred to as "Ecobalance buildings" in the building interface
- Quests in the "Friendly turn" category designed to support the player when at war with any other third party now count as failed as soon as the player makes peace with that third party (Applies to - "Fleet expansion," "Reinforcements", "Cannon fodder" and "Asymmetrical warfare")
- After a multi-player game had been lost, the button "Start new scenario" was mistakenly displayed, which led to subsequent errors. This has been fixed
- An error in the loading screen which occurred when players joined a multiplayer game directly from another multi-player game has been resolved
- A rare error was fixed where the mouse pointer was not displayed while loading certain scenarios and world events
- Ark contents were sometimes lost when switching between online and offline mode, and when loading a saved game from the other mode. This bug has been corrected.
- Contents unlocked using Tech Career points no longer bear the Eco Symbol in the "Bonus Content" menu
- An error in the visualization of sequenced movement and attack commands has been fixed
- A bug was fixed which could lead to the game looking as if it were accelerated when a player had enabled time acceleration while simultaneously inviting a co-op partner to their game
- The volume of the Related Designs Jingles at the start of the game has been reduced
- It is no longer possible to move the camera during the introductory sequence of the Bonus Mission "Return to C.O.R.E."
- Animation of the damage to the pirate base when bombarded by a long-range missile has been improved
- Diplomacy menu improved in co-op games
- A rare error has been fixed which led to the population not consuming any more tea after a savegame loaded
- Audio feedback revised for certain quests
- Several small quest bugs were fixed
- Several text errors have been corrected
- Several improvements in chat and when adding contacts
- And much more.

Jason2slow

Neo Member
Having a problem with the game, just completed Chapter 2, part 3, and the game won't let me continue onto Chapter 3. I've beat the mission from start to finish twice, and tried to load a game save and complete it that way and it still won't work. I've googled and found people with similar problems but no luck with a solution. I got the game from steam and wondering if anyone knew a fix for this?

bjb

Banned
This might sound silly, but one thing I don't like about this game, as opposed to it's medieval counter-part - is building walls.

I'd love surrounding my cities with walls and such, but for whatever reason - that doesn't seem possible in 2070. I guess it's only logical that future cities wouldn't have walls, but still = /

Aselith

This might sound silly, but one thing I don't like about this game, as opposed to it's medieval counter-part - is building walls.

I'd love surrounding my cities with walls and such, but for whatever reason - that doesn't seem possible in 2070. I guess it's only logical that future cities wouldn't have walls, but still = /

Seawalls, my man.

HoosTrax

Just started to get into this game (bought it during Steam sale a week ago). Holy excessive bloom! I just had to turn that off, and doing so had the nice side effect of not causing my framerates to dip into the 30s.

Random thing I just noticed - my eco hoverboat and commando ship were named Tarkus and Avitus, respectively. The names of two of the characters from Dawn of War II (way too specific to be a coincidence).

Effect

Possibly a dumb question (and it could be the heat today causing me to ask this and I might know it) but been wondering something. When I play games like this I find myself just letting the game sit at times in order to build up money or resources so I can expand comfortably. Especially since I'm not being rushed to do something. This isn't Starcraft or anything. By sit I mean I'll walk away for a half hour or even an hour to do something else or just turn around and watch some TV and come back to the game later. That's not cheating the game right? That's how it's suppose to be played or designed to be played?

Emitan

Anyone still playing this game? Bought it during the daily deal and I'm stuck on the 5th campaign mission. I can't figure out how to make a drink factory because I can't find any way to make on oil rig. Help!

Kabouter

Anyone still playing this game? Bought it during the daily deal and I'm stuck on the 5th campaign mission. I can't figure out how to make a drink factory because I can't find any way to make on oil rig. Help!

If memory serves, you need to send a submersible down with building materials and build an underwater city on a suitable plateau, and then build an oil rig as part of that.

Lyng

Also you need to get access to the Techs first.

I am still playing the game. You are welcome to add me if you want someone to chat with about the game. Just sent me a pm mate.

Emitan

My username is PublicEmilie if you want to add me.

EDIT: Can't even play the game. I think their fucking DRM server is down.

Lyng

I cant log on. And a friend of mine who just ordered From Dust cant even create an account. Honestly if there is one company that just does the whole DRM thing wrong its Ubisoft....

Pachinko

I bought a half dozen games on the steam summer sale and this is the only 1 I've played really. So mind numbingly addictive and I'm only playing the campaign. I am encountering some minor issues with regards to keeping my economy sustainable. perhaps I just need to expand my cities somewhat idono, I got what I thought was a side mission and ended up getting saddled with a huge new base on my most recent mission and that nose dived my economy - went from +80 to -500 just kapow , and then I went and ended the mission having only recovered to -200 or so. I've got many trade routes and farms all over the place , it gets tricky to keep track of everything but I like it.

Lyng

A good idea for keeping your economy in check is to disable assention rights. That should actually be the first thing you do in the game.
This way you control when you are ready for your citizens to be upgraded, and thusly not getting overwhelmed by their increasingly costly demands.

Patch notes said:
ANNO 2070 - Patch-Notes 1.06

Most important changes:
- Some formulas require less prototypes to be researched.
- Appearance probability of tornado reduced even more.
- Recyclable materials can now be mined endlessly at Underwater Recycling Stations.
- Overall game stability was improved.
- Saved games with more than 600 hours of play time are reacting normally again.
- Potential campaign dead ends have been fixed.
- An exploit was fixed which allowed building material being credited whilst demolishing building in pause mode.
- The impact of rare global ark items was increased.

Further changes and bug fixes:

- A bug in the achievement with “The Entire Tech Tree”.
- A bug when inviting players into a multiplayer coop game was fixed.
- The missing ornamental “Small cross-hedge” was added to the construction menu.
- A bug concerning express delivery in coop mode was fixed
- When a host has set a game session to „public“ during a running invitation and confirmed this by clicking „OK“, he was excluded (from the session) and the session was closed. An error message appeared telling the player he was already part of this session. This bug has been fixed.
- By accepting an invitation to a multiplayer session during an intro video, the mouse pointer disappeared. This bug has been fixed.
- The effect of some items concerning ornamental buildings has been adapted.
- Guardian 1.0 and Sentinel 1.0 are no longer neutral buildings. Faction bonuses are having an effect on these buildings now.
- A bug concerning vehicle holograms has been fixed.
- The ship limit points for the “Erebos” submarine were lowered.
- The single player mission “Free Market Economy” was missing two diplomacy actions by Rufus Thorne. This has been fixed.
- In some scenarios several underwater islands incorrectly had coal as a resource. This has been fixed.”
- After unlocking Researchers the resource tab for the fourth civilization level was shown. This has been fixed.
- Several text bugs have been fixed.
- Several icon bugs have been fixed.
- Several smaller issues have been fixed.
- Smaller balancing adjustments in diplomacy action, construction and research costs as well as expansion speed of third parties.

Domination Mode:
- New maps added with additional bonus points for very hard missions.
- Team chat implemented.
- Replay function was added.
- Several interface improvements implemented.
- Usability was improved.
- Balancing adjustments on existing missions.
http://store.steampowered.com/news/8876/

The expansion, Anno 2070: Deep Ocean, is now available on Steam. It's €29.99 in Europe.

About the Game
In the depths of the ocean and hidden in overgrown stones for years, the Techs unleash their ultimate power: Geothermal Energy Generation. The most powerful tool of the future forces the world of 2070 to expand exploration into the deep blue sea. Becoming the focus of gameplay, underwater plateaus offer new industries, large production chains, and resources.

Success elevates the Techs to a new level: the Genius population. They assert themselves even over the ocean’s surface. An impressive monument and various new buildings strengthen their position.

Underwater exploration and exploitation require players to take advantage of their environment and master a brand-new resource, using diplomacy and trade as powerful weapons to make their civilizations thrive in this hostile environment.

Bound to islands lost in the deep blue sea, players will have to conquer remaining stretches of land and dive underwater to create a futuristic, submerged industry to support an expanding economy.
To nurture supremacy, players will construct new buildings, erect monuments, open power plants, exploit exclusive energy resources, develop underwater trading routes, and gain access to a new civilization development stage to take control of the advanced Genius population.

Even though evolution is at the heart of the gameplay, don’t underestimate the environment – beware of devastating natural disasters like tsunamis!

Key Features
A new population to discover.
Start by embodying either the Eco or Tycoon faction, gain experience, and take control of the Techs.

• The Deep Ocean add-on offers the opportunity to unveil the mystery of the Techs while witnessing this futuristic faction evolve. New content gives access to an additional civilization level and a brand-new population known as the Genius while extending gameplay features:
&#9675; Erect the Tech Monument and over 30 new buildings.
&#9675; Control new vehicles.
• New content supporting a deeper experience.
&#9675; Dive underwater and take advantage of over 80 brand-new items to develop your industries, strengthen your economy, and exploit new energetic resources.
&#9675; Benefit from massive underwater energy production, set up geothermal power plants, manage islands, and fuel the economy.
&#9675; Redesign submerged desolated lands: build underwater production chains and develop profitable trading routes.
&#9675; Customize the Techs’ city with decorative ornaments ranging from a fountain to a holographic memorial.
• All-new challenges to face and new achievements to complete.
&#9675; Take part in over 150 new and challenging quests and learn about new gameplay mechanics, playing six missions with a new experimental energy source.
&#9675; Extend your territory through the Hostile Takeover online feature. Build a powerful economy and use your bargaining power to acquire rival players’ land parcels in a peaceful way.
&#9675; Undergo hostile natural disasters like tsunamis.
&#9675; Play co-op with a friend and share common achievements online or through a local area network.
http://store.steampowered.com/app/204290/

Kabouter

I like some of the additions, but €30 is really far too much to make me want to pick it up now. I'll wait for it to drop.

I've gotten my worth out of the original game and I'd rather play another Anno in a different era than more of this. €30 is ridiculously much either way.

Top Bottom