• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Another Century's Episode R screens

Lucis

OH EM GEE
the best console game has just been announced this generation.
well maybe new ZOE will come to par

god has descended, the second coming is near, the end is here, soonish.

xero273 said:
Turn A won't be in it this time. The series listed in the famitsu thread is final.
Awwwwwwwwwwwwwww.

Why Crossbone though? It hasn't an animated series at all. Are Bandai trying to gauge interest for one?

Lucis

No one translated?

さまざまな作品のロボットが集う人気アクションゲーム『Another Century's Episode』の最新作が始動! 本作の開発は、『アーマード・コア』シリーズで知られるフロム・ソフトウェアが担当。企画とシナリオは、『スーパーロボット大戦』シリーズのSRプロデュースチームが行う。ゲームに登場する機体の情報を中心にお届け!

The popular robot action game [Another Century's Episode] is having it's newest entry! This release will be developed made from [Armored Core] Series' Dev, From Soft. Planning and scenario will be by [Super Robot Taisen] series' SR produce team.

series will be present:

超時空世紀オーガス Orguss
  機動戦士Zガンダム Gundam Z
  機動戦士ガンダム 逆襲のシャア Gundam: Char's counter attack (only Nu will be presented)
  機動戦士クロスボーン・ガンダム Gundam Crossbone
  機動戦士ガンダムSEED DESTINY Gundam SEED DESTINY
  フルメタル・パニック! Full Metal Panic
  オーバーマン キングゲイナー Overman Kingainer
  コードギアス 反逆のルルーシュ R2 Code Geass R2
  創聖のアクエリオン Aquarion
  マクロスゼロ Macross Zero
  マクロスF Macross F

Also found a blog entry on SR's official blog

なお、逆シャアは機体のνガンダムのみ参戦します。マクロスFは
TV版のみのカウントです(隠れ機体でトルネードが出たりしません。
時期的に間に合わなかったもので……)。
Nu Gundam will be the only unit from Char's counter attack. Macross F will be limited to TV version units only.

以上、11作品が今回参戦する原作(版権作品。他社様……すなわち
版権元様から使用許諾をいただいている作品)です。ただ、ごくわずかな
例外はありますが、後ほど追加で新しい原作(版権作品)を発表すること
はありません(オリジナル系除く)。
The above 11 series will be the only ones included in this release, There will be no other series to be added, other than original robots.

また、使用できるプレイヤー機は、基本的に各作品ごとで1〜3機
ぐらいになっています。例えば、「ガンダムSEED DESTINY」
で使用できるのは、デスティニー、ストライクフリーダム、インフィニッ
トジャスティス。「コードギアス R2」なら、ランスロット・コンクエ
スター、蜃気楼、紅蓮可翔式です。
There will be about 1-3 units from each series usable in this release. For example. Gundam SEED DESTINY will feature Destiny, Strike Freedom and Infinite Justice. Code Geass R2 will feature Lancelot Conquest, Shinkirou, Guren Flying Type.

前作「アナザーセンチュリーズエピソード3」に比べてボリュームが
減っていると思われる方もいらっしゃるでしょうが、今回はシリーズを
仕切り直していること、PS3というシリーズ初のハードでの作り込みを
優先したことなどを理由として、作品数と機体数を絞り込みました。
その分、グラフィックやアクションに注力しています。
Some might think that this release is less volume compared to the previous entry (another centry episode 3). however since this is the first time series has been on ps3, instead of focusing on pushing out more unit, we will focus on graphics and action control.

また、BGMについてですが……前作とは違い、一部の曲を除いて
原作のボーカル曲は入ってません。と言っても、原作のBGMをまったく
使っていないというわけではなく、スパロボシリーズと同様、インスト
(ボーカルなし)のBGMを予め入れてあります。
In term of BGM, it is a bit different from the previous entries. A few songs will not be included, vocal from the series will not be included either. It's not to say that none of the original music will be used. It will be like SR series, innsuto(Instant?) (no vocal) BGM will be included.

……というわけで、前作との相違点、前もって言っておいた方がいいと
思われることを述べました。
That's the main differences compared to the previous series.

次回は、今作の世界観やストーリーについて少しご説明したいと
思います。
next time it will be about the world and the overall story of this entry.

bumpkin

Oh man, give me graphics like that and include the Gundam Wing mobile suits (Wing Zero, Death Scythe, Heavyarms, and Sandrock) and I'll be sold. :D

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
yf-19 and crossbone? why the hell does the mecha gods hate us westerners so damn much.....

mintylurb

Kirashi said:
No one translated?

-snip-

series will be present:

超時空世紀オーガス Orguss
  機動戦士Zガンダム Gundam Z
  機動戦士ガンダム 逆襲のシャア Gundam: Char's counter attack (only Nu will be presented)
  機動戦士クロスボーン・ガンダム Gundam Crossbone
  機動戦士ガンダムSEED DESTINY Gundam SEED DESTINY
  フルメタル・パニック! Full Metal Panic
  オーバーマン キングゲイナー Overman Kingainer
  コードギアス 反逆のルルーシュ R2 Code Geass R2
  創聖のアクエリオン Aquarion
  マクロスゼロ Macross Zero
  マクロスF Macross F

-snip-
For ACE R2, besides mac 7 and patlabor, I wish they would include some more older mechs such as the original reideen, Ideon, galient..and any mechs from the five star stories series..

matmanx1

Sounds really freaking cool. Never imported one of these before because of not having a region 1 game machine to play it on but the PS3 will solve that problem for me this time.

Was there a release date listed in there or did I just miss it?

Durante

Why do people scream bullshots? These are 640*360, any HD game will look clean scaled down to that. (Not saying that they're real, just that you can't tell from these small images)

Blader5489 said:
Crossbone Gundam?!?!
1249613561449.jpg

Fuck yeah! And with Gundam Vs Extreme, Crossbone is definitely getting the love it deserves. :D

TreIII

donkey show said:
Fuck yeah! And with Gundam Vs Extreme, Crossbone is definitely getting the love it deserves. :D

I never get tired of the "Tobia Hype!" poster! :lol

But yeah...Crossbone love is indeed good. This and then GEX later. This is going to be fuuuuuun. :D

Still holding out for video...but this looks promising...

What if it had Warhawk or H.A.W.X. controls, would play pretty epic I think, although I'm not sure how the mechparts should control...

How easy (or difficult o_O) is it to get into the ACE games if you don't know Japanese?

If anything, I have the Macross Ace and Ultimate Frontier games for PSP and am able to get around...is navigating and playing ACE more or less the same way?

xero273

GamePnoy74 said:
How easy (or difficult o_O) is it to get into the ACE games if you don't know Japanese?

If anything, I have the Macross Ace and Ultimate Frontier games for PSP and am able to get around...is navigating and playing ACE more or less the same way?

If you can play the Macross games then you shouldn't have any problems with ACE.

duckroll

It's not just that the CCA section is blank. The official key visual for the game has all the main entry robots except CCA. We know Nu is in the game, because Terada said so. If it really is Hi-Nu, that'll actually make it really interesting. Crossbone being in the game pretty much rules out that a series has to be from an animation, so if this is the CCA novel instead with Hi-Nu and Nightingale... .... ......... *jizz*

eggandI

Banned
Initially I didn't give a flying fuck about this but... I like how he said they are focusing on gameplay and graphics for this first installment. I really hope this plays like Macross Ultimate Frontier. That's recently become one of my favorite PSP games along with GvG next plus. So fast and smooth. I hope they take a lot of cues from it.

Bebpo

Banned
distantmantra said:
Nothing from CCA was in the trailer, huh.

CCA/Zeta isn't really in the game I'm guessing. Nu/MK-II/Zeta are probably just unlockable units and not part of the story like how Turn A, SEED?, and First Gundam were in ACE 3.

I mean in the plot is Crossbone timeline of post-F91 UC, it doesn't really make any sense to have any other UC gundam in the story.

Bebpo said:
CCA/Zeta isn't really in the game I'm guessing. Nu/MK-II/Zeta are probably just unlockable units and not part of the story like how Turn A, SEED?, and First Gundam were in ACE 3.

I mean in the plot is Crossbone timeline of post-F91 UC, it doesn't really make any sense to have any other UC gundam in the story.

well, F91 did have that museum of old mobile suits

trailer was nice but I'm only reminded by how crestfallen I am that SEED is a popular series. 00 would have been more timely and preferred, as would Unicorn.

Still, Crossbone having a major role is awesome

Damn, that site is pretty slick.

From are the kings of mecha CG. Too bad Nu Gundam wasn't in there though, that's probably my favorite Gundam design. Funnels make everything better.

Fuck yes, Crossbone looking good up in this bitch. The mugen punch in the trailer was pretty awesome, but they should have had it in every mecha intro. :lol

Wow...

I was really happy to see that Orguss made the cut, and seeing one in action fills me with joy. I'm going to import the crap out of this game.

Have any of the ACE games made use of Dangaioh?

Shouta

God, I love the ACE CG openings, they're so fucking epic. I agree with whoever said they need to do a movie with that kind of CG.

Also w00t, Acid Black Cherries.

Top Bottom