• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ANUBIS Zone of the Enders: MRS announced for PS4/Steam (CyGames ZoE2 remake, 4K, VR)

jetsetrez

Yesssss. I mention to a friend like every year that I wish they would bring ZoE2 to Steam. I couldn’t care less about ZoE1, but 2 is one of my all time favorites. So happy that I’ll be able to add ZoE2 alongside the likes of Bayonetta and Vanquish. Now Sega just needs to announce Shenmue 1 + 2 HD and JSRF for Steam and a lot of the dreams will be fulfilled.

They make a gazilllion dollars every year from mobile stuff and can't spend it enough so they have been aggressively expanding. They opened a console development studio in Osaka to focus on PS4 titles a while back, they are funding Platinum Games stuff, they are funding Matsuno, they are bankrolling anime, and they even opened their own anime studio last year and the first original project out of that is the upcoming Blade Runner 2022 short film directed by the director of Cowboy Bebop. They are also sponsoring Juventus FC now.
Bless this company.

We need to establish what constitutes a "megaton" around here...

How is this a "megaton"?? Its a 16 year old release... it was 2001 and 2003... and its just a remastered version of an already remastered 2012 version...barely news to most people.
Next-gen Pedantry!

Seriously dude, people are just excited and likely mean it's important to them, just let them have their fun.

Never played these before but excited for the VR support.

I dont think I agree with this. Bringing over a 16 year old franchise (that has already been remastered recently) or for that matter a feature can barely be considered Megaton. If you bring say Spiderman on XBOX or Gears 4 on PS4, then yeah that indeed is megaton.

As I see it Megaton should be something a ton of people salivate about. Those 16 year old re releases dont mean much to 99% of gamers out there.

It's a megaton in NeoGAF, a lot of us love the franchise here.

Same with Nier: Automata, Shenmue 3 which pretty much doesn't mean much to the 99% gamers you talk about.

I mean, if we follow your example, than only COD, Battlefield, FIFA reveals that can be what you described.

magawolaz

comparison pic from the official site
I'll be honest, I always liked that sort of ghosting effect (not sure how to call it, or if it was intentional) on ZOE/MGS titles. This new remaster looks almost too pristine

But I'm gonna buy it anyway, it's still the GOAT. The soundtrack is sooo good.

ZeroD

On the subject of ZOE. I wouldn't mind another blast at a strategy game like fist of mars.

Was I the only one who enjoyed that game?

NateDog

I was still devastated we never got a third game. Think I'll buy, really had a soft spot for Second Runner. Despite some of its rougher sections, the good sections were fucking good.

Espada

I was still devastated we never got a third game. Think I'll buy, really had a soft spot for Second Runner. Despite some of its rougher sections, the good sections were fucking good.

Absolutely, there's definitely rough patches but the general moment to moment gameplay and the highs are too good to pass up. Man, for people that have touched Bayonetta 1, Vanquish or this are in for a huge treat.

The screenshot of this version of the game shows they went back and improved upon the textures, the game looks even cleaner than the Hexadrive patch of the PS3 version. Wow.

Shifty

steam also confirmed from famitsu
DKE2KzKVAAAgaZQ.jpg:large

https://www.famitsu.com/news/201709/19141954.html

WHATTTTTTT

RRockman

Banned
Lol VR for this game is going to be very similar to a VR Sonic.

Barf EVERYWHERE. Those crazy dashes, flips spins, but I wouldn't have it any other way.

M3d10n

Now this is completely unexpected. This is one of the games I never expected to see again after the Konapocalypse.

Bless CyGames and their endless warchest (because it's almost guaranteed it was them who both pitched and financed this). It's nice to know Konami will allow their franchises to be removed from the hate vault if thrown enough money.

Day zero. Anubis is one of my favorite games.

Y'all talking about zero shift

I'm thinking about the Vector Cannon

LIFE RING HAS STARTED REVOLVING

Quick, someone remember the whole thing, it's been too long for me.

Guymelef

I wonder if there is going to be a single Kojima reference in game's credits...

"Play the entire game in VR"
Fuck, don't make me spend 400€ on PS VR.

I would've bought this regardless, but I'm really, really happy about the PC version. I bought ZoE2 for the PS3 when it was on sale and never played it, because I'm simply not using the console anymore. Hopefully it's not too far off.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
I wonder if there is going to be a single Kojima reference in game's credits...

"Play the entire game in VR"
Fuck, don't make me spend 400€ on PS VR.

It's on SteamVR as well!

Which, admittedly, is going to be a more expensive set up but it'll be better & future-proofe to boot.

Top Bottom