• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Anybody knows anything else about Mass Efect PS3 being announced this week?

Status
Not open for further replies.
corrosivefrost said:
You can be interested. :p

My intended point was somewhere along the lines of "people who REALLY REALLY WERE DYING TO PLAY THE GAME would have already done so on one of the other platforms.".

I mean, hell, if they announced Twilight Princess for the PS3 or 360 tomorrow, I don't know how many people would care -- I'd guess a majority of the people who were interested in a title that's almost 4 years old would have played it on a wii or a gamecube by now.

So I was applying similar logic to a game that's almost 3 years old now. Temper that argument a little if ME2 is part of it, as ME2 is only 8 months old.

not really. for some people one game isn't enough to justify buying a system over.

I own a PS3 and a gaming capable PC. I have very little inclination to buy an xbox360.
I bought the PC version of mass effect, but hate the controls on the PC version. (there is no option to use a controller by default.)

thus I would definitely like to play the game, but am still waiting for a PS3 port.

I don't see the point of playing ME2 without the first one. So I assume it'll be included, if this is legit news of course.

I hope this won't slown them down in the making of ME3. :/

Melchiah

corrosivefrost said:
My intended point was somewhere along the lines of "people who REALLY REALLY WERE DYING TO PLAY THE GAME would have already done so on one of the other platforms.".

I mean, hell, if they announced Twilight Princess for the PS3 or 360 tomorrow, I don't know how many people would care -- I'd guess a majority of the people who were interested in a title that's almost 4 years old would have played it on a wii or a gamecube by now.

Not really no. Many people, like me, don't necessarily want to buy a second console just to play a few games, that aren't aren't available for the platform they already have.
I bought Bioshock when it came to PS3, and I would probably buy Mass Effect as well if it were to be ported. I think the same applies vice versa; those who have only a 360 might want to play some of the PS3 exclusives, but don't really want to buy the system just for them.

Hell, I was dying to play Resident Evil Remake back in the day, but I didn't want to buy a Gamecube just for that. I'd buy it, if it was available for a system I have now. =)

BeeDog

Not that I believe this will happen (pretty convinced ME will never appear on the PS3), but if it does happen, I hope to God there'll be some interesting addition(s) in the package. That could make me double-dip (since I have ME1 and ME2 on PC).

hyyyyyyype!

hype.gif

Corto

So who did it? We had a gentlemen agreement for godsake! Who spilled the beans? Whoever it was send a PM to De-mon apologizing immediately for this breach in his trust. This is not the jungle. We are civilized and honoured people, damn it!

MMaRsu

Banned
toasty_T said:
No idea why this franchise hasn't made its way to the PS3 yet. Seems pretty stupid to wait this long to have a change of heart.

If they do plan on releasing the series on the triple they better do it post haste. Having the release too close to 3 will certainly eat into its potential sales. The games would really benefit from some simmering between releases.

I doubt it has anything to do with waiting to have a change of heart :lol

And also, it's not that easy to port a 360 game over to Ps3 so yea.. and they are probably adding features etc.

what was the last comment Bioware made about ME coming to PS3? i think they said something like "Mass Effect 2 is for the Xbox 360 and PC".... they didn't deny that it could be on the PS3 later... and announcing it now 6 months after ME2's initial release would make sense.

anyway i'm prepared for disappointment... though if this turns out true then FUCK YEA! i'll take just Mass Effect 2 too, i saw enough of the first game at a friend's house and i can just watch the ending etc on youtube or whatever.

will pay whatever price they ask for "Mass Effect: Genesis" day 1.

Ponti

I'm an ME whore, already have multiple playthroughs on both PC and 360. If this turns out to be true I'll probably buy it on PS3 too :lol

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Galvanise_ said:
So, EA or Sony conference?

I suspect EA, as that's being livestreamed.
Generally EA has about all their BioWare games back to back at their conferences so I would imagine so as well.

MechaX

MMaRsu said:
And also, it's not that easy to port a 360 game over to Ps3 so yea.. and they are probably adding features etc.

Hey, they can just do what Tecmo and Bandai Namco do and add half a game's worth of exclusive content!

Suzzopher said:
This rumour again? This is getting worse than the MGS4 to 360 rumour that took three years to die.

well it's reasonable because: Bioshock, GTA episodes, Ninja Gaiden 2...

i'm personally giving it one last chance, if it isn't announced in the next month or so, i'll give up and upgrade my PC. (i'm upgrading it anyway lol).

Lothars

Suzzopher said:
This rumour again? This is getting worse than the MGS4 to 360 rumour that took three years to die.

Yeah the MGS4 was seemed always pretty fake rumor, this is totally different, I have no doubt Mass Effect will be coming out on the PS3 eventually.

Shurs

OldJadedGamer said:
Well, it came out on November 20th, 2007 so if they release it one day past that it will be 3 years. So that sounds a like a decent enough window they could have agreed on.

I think it's possible that, in order to get the rights to publish Mass Effect on PS3, EA gave Microsoft a window of exclusivity on Mass Effect 2. Maybe 8 months, or so?

Just beat ME2 a little while ago.
Absolutely phenomenal game but I can't help but wish it had been developed from the ground up using BioWares own engine instead of UE3. The game goes from great looking to completely dated from beginning to end and it drives me crazy.

Lakitu

st5fu
Well, this was going to happen eventually. I won't bother getting it for PS3... considering I have both games and every single piece of DLC for 360.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Suzzopher said:

The difference here is, EA generally doesn't do exclusives.

Pooya

Majine said:
When is EAs press? Hurry up, so I can be dissapointed asap.
EA – 4.00pm CET | 7am PST, Tuesday, August 17
Sony – 6.00pm CET | 9am PST, Tuesday, August 17

CET is GMT+1.

Lakitu

st5fu
Of course, I'm glad at least now PS3 fans get to experience the series, both quite different from each other (for instance, I prefer the original) but both fantastic.

That is, if the rumour is true of course.

W1SSY

Lakitu said:
Of course, I'm glad at least now PS3 fans get to experience the series, both quite different from each other (for instance, I prefer the original) but both fantastic.

That is, if the rumour is true of course.

I completely agree on the first being better. Really did not like how they removed so many RPG elements from the first.

gdt

W1SSY said:
I completely agree on the first being better. Really did not like how they removed so many RPG elements from the first.

And I'd fall on the other end, where all of the streamlining in ME2 is supremely appreciated.

Thats not to say I don't dig ME1, it's one of my favorite games ever.

Pooya

Mad_Ban said:
Are either of these going to be streamed online?
Only EA, haven't seen anything regarding Sony.
http://live-event.ea.com/gamescom/live/
Watch the EA Gamescom 2010 Press Conference live stream here exclusively on Tuesday, August 17th at 4pm CET (7am PST). Happening live at The Palladium in Cologne, Germany, EA's press conference kicks off Europe's biggest video gaming expo. Be witness to all the new trailers, news announcements, and previews of EA's latest games as they happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom