• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Anybody knows anything else about Mass Efect PS3 being announced this week?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could this be that "megaton" some journalist was talking about?

Hardly a megaton, yeah, but journalists tend to have a rather liberal definition of the term. Would be one of the more surprising announcements that could happen, specially for a non-E3 show.

Jive Turkey

Unconfirmed Member
De-mon said:
I know more info but can´t publish anything officially.

Sony or EA should announce the game tomorrow. If not, it´s coming in a few weeks in a magazine or web as exclusive.
Ah so we're playing the "insider info" game? This'll be fun.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
miladesn said:
Yes, there will be live blogs on usual sites for all three events tomorrow.

What are the other two?

SolidusDave said:
So... IF we can trust each other here on GAF, we now basically have confirmation for:

Mass Effect: Genesis

- will be announced for the PS3 in the near future (likely tomorrow at the GamesCom pc of EA and/or Sony).

- it's not clear yet what ME:G contains. ME2 is a given (IMO, foundation for a multiplatform ME3 release), playable ME1 would be a surprise (deal with MS) and any existing DLC included would just be natural.

*waves* Hi Kotaku!! Yes, pick this up and post it as exclusive news. I know you want to!

Vamphuntr

Wasn't this known for a while since hackers had found PS3 code in the 360/PC version. People were saying it was only generic UE coding but it was pretty specific to the points allocation system. Maybe I imagined everything...

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
EatChildren said:
What are the other two?
Sony and Microsoft.

Robot's new RTS game seems to be at Microsoft's conference, and I think Sony promised at least one new game at theirs as well.

Peff

makingmusic476 said:
Could this be that "megaton" some journalist was talking about?

Hardly a megaton, yeah, but journalists tend to have a rather liberal definition of the term. Would be one of the more surprising announcements that could happen, specially for a non-E3 show.

It really is, Mass Effect is probably the 360's biggest third party exclusive, second to Gears of War. It's not going to be FFXIII Deux because it's been leaked and all the rumours, but it's important.

i remember when EA bought Bioware and they were questioned on what will happen to ME because it was published by MS, they said that they owned the IP, not MS.

even though i doubt we will see ME1 on PS3, it's unlikely MS publishing it would have anything to do with it at all. it's completely up to Bioware/EA as to what they do with those games.

ME1/ME2 pack for $60 (with or without DLC) would be instabuy for me. ME1 ran weird and looked assy on my PC that's more than capable of playing it so i never bought/finished it. would totally give the first two a go on PS3 with trophies if previews didn't mention it being a glitch fest.

Suzzopher

I reckon we could see a new Mass Effect game announced tomorrow, but a spin off of the main series, that will launch on PS3 day and date with PC/360.

ME2 is GOTY for me, no contest. Just the most incredible gaming experience I've had for years. Just so glad more people will be able to appreciate it.

Peff said:
It really is, Mass Effect is probably the 360's biggest third party exclusive, second to Gears of War. It's not going to be FFXIII Deux because it's been leaked and all the rumours, but it's important.
Well I never thought FFXIII was that big a deal either, but I guess I see your point.

Vamphuntr said:
Wasn't this known for a while since hackers had found PS3 code in the 360/PC version. People were saying it was only generic UE coding but it was pretty specific to the points allocation system. Maybe I imagined everything...

hackers=people opening an .ini file? :lol

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
Peff said:

Since when has Mass Effect been an exclusive?

Pretty sure I've been playing the series on my PC for a while now.

Pooya

Bioware's booth at gamescom.

202-1280vjcu.jpg

img_0205ymcq.jpg

Peff

Zerokku said:
Since when has Mass Effect been an exclusive?

Pretty sure I've been playing the series on my PC for a while now.

I know, I know, so have I, but does it really change anything whether I say "360 exclusive", "console exclusive", or "Microsoft exclusive"? The point still remains.

Cels

If you really wanted to play ME1 or 2 but do not own a 360 then surely you would have played it on a PC by now.

ME1 ran like crap on my laptop but that's understandable cause it's a port Bioware outsourced to Demiurge...ME2 on the other hand runs great at max settings (1920x1080) and keep in mind this is a normal work laptop, not some gaming rig laptop, so I'm sure people out there with true gaming rigs did things like force AA with their drivers and whatnot to get even better performance.

Even Bioshock, which sold 2.5M on 360, sold only 300K or so on PS3...although a lot of that has to do with how the PS3 version was worse visually, had a gigantic mandatory HD install, and you had to pay EXTRA for the exclusive dlc on top of the inflated price of the game compared to the year-old PC/360 versions.

Cels said:
If you really wanted to play ME1 or 2 but do not own a 360 then surely you would have played it on a PC by now.

Nope. My PC is just for the web and word processing, not for games. I'd love for Mass Effect to show up on the PS3, but I'm not my holding my breath or anything.

Lakitu

st5fu
I hope Bioware also release some new info on the new DLC... we haven't heard anything for a few weeks now. Give us a release date please.

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
Peff said:
I know, I know, so have I, but does it really change anything whether I say "360 exclusive", "console exclusive", or "Microsoft exclusive"? The point still remains.

The point that its not exclusive?

If I can play it on more then one thing, its not an exclusive no matter how you try and spin it.

Zerokku said:

If I can play it on more then one thing, its not an exclusive no matter how you try and spin it.
This kind of pedantry is so tiresome, not to mention inaccurate.

Zerokku said:

ahh, so god of war isn't an exclusive? pokemon isn't an exclusive? etc? Exclusivity is the lack of being open to every platform, technically speaking it's the exact opposite of what you're saying, if I can play it on anything but one device it's exclusive.

Think about it like an exclusive club, just because more then 1 person is allowed in doesn't stop it from being exclusive.

Zerokku said:

The game currently will not run unless you are using MS software. It's a MS exclusive. Or is there a Macintosh/Linux version I don't know about.

Cels

tea_and_crumpets said:
I'll buy it if it has some PS3 only stuff - otherwise Im sticking with my 360 copies.

I own the PC versions, unless they put something earth-shattering in the PS3 version (let's remember this is all unconfirmed now) then I have no reason to buy, especially considering I got ME1/2 for a total of $20, so...

why the heck would I pay $60 (most likely) for something that can't look as good as a version I already own and doesn't have any compelling exclusive features?

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
les papillons sexuels said:
ahh, so god of war isn't an exclusive? pokemon isn't an exclusive? etc? Exclusivity is the lack of being open to every platform, technically speaking it's the exact opposite of what you're saying, if I can play it on anything but one device it's exclusive.

Think about it like an exclusive club, just because more then 1 person is allowed in doesn't stop it from being exclusive.

So Modern Warfare 2/Bayonetta/Final Fantasy XIII etc are exclusives?

It's not available on the wii (nor pc in the case of bayonetta and FFXIII) so according to your reasoning, it's an exclusive and not a multiplatform title.

Better go tell the the SDF that FFXIII is still an exclusive.

beast786

OldJadedGamer said:
The game currently will not run unless you are using MS software. It's a MS exclusive. Or is there a Macintosh/Linux version I don't know about.

You know games that run on PS2 and PS3 are also not exclusive Even though they are running on Sony Software. The discussion is about platform. Not Operating systems.

In addition. I am not sure if there are any royalty at all for games that are compatible with windows.

Mileena

Banned
After playing Dragon Age on PS3... if true, Mass Effect would run like complete ass on PS3. BioWare are really clueless when it comes to the triple.

Mad_Ban

corkscrewblow said:
After playing Dragon Age on PS3... if true, Mass Effect would run like complete ass on PS3. BioWare are really clueless when it comes to the triple.
DA consoles was done by Edge of Reality, not Bioware.

Cels

Rollo Tomasi said:
I'm imagining a game that combines both storylines and DLC from part one and two into one single disc.

They would simply port and put DLC either on the disc or as a print voucher, but no way they are going to build a new game from the ground up based on 1/2

jatt

Who is this de-mon clown and who does he think he is telling us false lies "reliable source" whatever pal I believe it when I hear it :lol

shwimpy

Galvanise_ said:
Forgot about the Mac. Still, lots of games going to different places this week it seems.

mac version was already announced and it's coming in november.

I doubt care GTTV gives a **** about Macs anyway.

Ravidrath

I'm skeptical that this is happening, but an EA tester friend did say he overheard one of his bosses talking about "Mass Effect Collection" last November or so.

It makes sense that they'd want to go multiplatform with it, I think, because it's a big IP for EA, and the games are expensive to make.

As well as ME2 sold at first, the sales kinda stopped after that - I'm guessing it has only about broken even at this point, once you factor in marketing, etc. Adding another platform helps ensure that the third game doesn't just break even, but obviously PS3 players won't be interested in the third game if they haven't played the first two.

Anyway, I guess we'll find out soon enough?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom