• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AP Poll: Trump at 67% approval with Republicans

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
http://www.apnorc.org/projects/Pages/Americans-Evaluations-of-President-Trump.aspx

Presidential approval remains on a downward trend. Thirty-two percent of Americans say they approve of the way President Trump is handling his job and 67 percent disapprove. His approval rating is down from 42 percent in March and 35 percent in June. While 67 percent of Republicans still approve of the job the president is doing, support among Republicans has decreased significantly since March when 80 percent of Republicans expressed approval. Twenty-eight percent of independents and 5 percent of Democrats say they approve of Trump’s handling of his job. Among Democrats, this also represents a decline since March when 11 percent said they approved.

Congressional approval remains even lower. Eighteen percent of Americans say they approve of the way Congress has been handling its job and 81 percent disapprove, including 51 percent who say they strongly disapprove.

Few Americans express confidence in the direction the U.S. is headed. Just 24 percent of Americans say things in this country are headed in the right direction, down from 34 percent in June and 37 percent in March of this year.

The nationwide poll was conducted September 28-October 2, 2017 using the AmeriSpeak® Panel, the probability-based panel of NORC at the University of Chicago. Online and telephone interviews using landlines and cell phones were conducted with 1,150 adults. The margin of sampling error is plus or minus 4.1 percentage points.

Veelk

Banned
It's only gonna rise come election time. Nothing unites the Republican party like a democrat enemy.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
That's actually insanely low.

This. It's been regularly in the 80s with republicans.

Anecdotal, but I've noticed a lot of my right-winger Facebook friends have voiced disgust about his near total disregard and lack of compassion for the Puerto Rican people.

PJV3

Not even a year, just need a few more to accept they fucked up and then it's just the fanatics that will be left.

Zolo

Damn. That's insanely low. These stats are even worse from the same page.

chart2.png

Yes, but it is also an extreme outlier compared to all other recent polls. Be wary.
Yeah. This is what I'm wondering about.

Rockandrollclown

lookwhatyou'vedone
I mean that seems promising. Especially compared to the poll I saw posted this morning putting him at 88% approval with Republicans.

ianpm31

good news. Hopefully that number continues to decrease. This man will be a one term president whether he gets impeached or lose elections. He already lost the swing voters a long time ago so the rest is a bonus

Gutek

I mean that seems promising. Especially compared to the poll I saw posted this morning putting him at 88% approval with Republicans.

Yeah, this has gotta be an outlier. Statistical noise. His overall approval has been pretty steady, maybe even trending up since the end of August.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
A good old war will bump that back up.

A war will actually probably drop his overall ratings into the 20s. People are sick of it.

This poll is probably an outlier, though. Way too different than others.

Damn. That's insanely low. These stats are even worse from the same page.

chart2.png

Yeah. This is what I'm wondering about.

He's just too amazing, no polls can properly encapsulate the way Americans feel about the Donhald. It's why anyone who tries is just fake news.

Exile20

The fuck????? Why is this not zero?

Twenty-eight percent of independents and 5 percent of Democrats say they approve of Trump's handling of his job. Among Democrats, this also represents a decline since March when 11 percent said they approved.

Now tell me what the difference in the percentage of Americans who identify as Republican is. There's probably a lot more "Independents" than there were at the start of his term.

Top Bottom