• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AP sources: Trump speaks to advisers about firing Sessions

Mahonay

Banned
If Trump had the balls to hard push for marijuana legalization in all 50 states, I'd honestly consider voting for him for the second term. That would singlehandedly bring about huge amounts of tax revenue for states, suppress some of the illegal drug trade and associated gang violence, massively reduce the incarceration rates of Americans (especially minorities), and with the reduced incarceration rates bring about more stabilized families which will lead towards generational benefits.

I would forgive a lot of Trump's shit if he actually lead the charge towards full legalization across the US, not just "state's rights"-level of support.
Lol uhhhhhh

So what I'm getting is that you'll gladly overlook the anti environmental policies, the picking apart of civil rights, Muslim bans, Russian collusion, blurting out classified information, weekly golf trips, and just general gross incompetence.

Not to mention his blatant racism, misogyny, constant bold face lying, and being an outright piece of human shit that embarrasses us on a daily fucking basis.

But weed is more important I guess. (I do definitely agree with though you that it's illegal status is used to incarcerate people, especially minorities).

Also Trump would NEVER FUCKING LEGALIZE WEED.

The funny thing is any AG trump nominates would have a conflict of interest because he’s made it clear he’ll fire any attorney general, no matter how loyal to the agenda, if he or she isn’t willing to stop the Russia investigation

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
Looks like Fox are on the fire Sessions train. Just a matter of time now.
Lay off and layoff have two different meanings. Lay off means stop doing something.

Also I love how Trump thinks his AG should defend him first and foremost instead of doing the right thing according to the law.

Lol uhhhhhh

So what I'm getting is that you'll gladly overlook the anti environmental policies, the picking apart of civil rights, Muslim bans, Russian collusion, blurting out classified information, weekly golf trips, and just general gross incompetence.

Not to mention his blatant racism, misogyny, constant bold face lying, and being an outright piece of human shit that embarrasses us on a daily fucking basis.

But weed is more important I guess.

Also Trump would NEVER FUCKING LEGALIZE WEED.

Single issue voters are the worst.

If Trump had the balls to hard push for marijuana legalization in all 50 states, I'd honestly consider voting for him for the second term. That would singlehandedly bring about huge amounts of tax revenue for states, suppress some of the illegal drug trade and associated gang violence, massively reduce the incarceration rates of Americans (especially minorities), and with the reduced incarceration rates bring about more stabilized families which will lead towards generational benefits.

I would forgive a lot of Trump's shit if he actually lead the charge towards full legalization across the US, not just "state's rights"-level of support.

And the Democratic candidate would surely run to the right of a Republican president on marijuana legalization?

Steejee

Single issue voters are the worst.

Well, to be fair, "Not likely to start a nuclear war" is a single issue for me that will change my vote.

Really shows how Trump's loyalty is a one-way street.
You must be loyal to him, and he's free to treat you like utter shit.

I really don't know how anyone can think it's a good idea to get involved with this administration at this point. Maybe they all just think "It'll be different for me!"

Fergie

Banned
It's pretty surreal (and these past 6 months have been ridiculous) that the POTUS is clowning on a prominent member of his staff he nominated on twitter.

It's not like doing anything to Sessions is out of his power.

Chaos administration here.

anything for a bit of weed!

Emwitus

It's amazing how the trump team is able to use the media as a pawn. LOL at his antics with sessions (there is no rift by the way). All a ploy. I'm interested to see what it's for.

Mahonay

Banned
It's amazing how the trump team is able to use the media as a pawn. LOL at his antics with sessions (there is no rift by the way). All a ploy. I'm interested to see what it's for.
BILL MITCHELL IS THAT YOU?
C7t_rsyWsAEPqJe.jpg

Obviously, look at all the stuff that's been passed with his "strategy," and look at how high his approval is in the country. Truly someone with complete mastery of strategy at work!

Emwitus

Obviously, look at all the stuff that's been passed with his "strategy," and look at how high his approval is in the country. Truly someone with complete mastery of strategy at work!

My thoughts: He wants sessions to resign but wants to give him an excuse to do so. Why? To put someone in place to save his family. He's probably gone over this with sessions himself. Hence my opinion that there is no rift.

Can we dispel with this notion that Donald Trump knows what he's doing. He has no idea what he's doing :p

He tweeted how weak Sessions is, is that part of it?

Edit: let me clown on you in person but we're still bros?

cameron

My thoughts: He wants sessions to resign but wants to give him an excuse to do so. Why? To put someone in place to save his family. He's probably gone over this with sessions himself. Hence my opinion that there is no rift.

That's goofy.

Zolo

This assumes that Sessions doesn't want his current position.

How long ago did you get high?

Just wondering.

Spoken like a true millennial pothead.

POTUS has not demonstrated himself to be capable of this level of foresight.

There is no plan. This is just Trump being Trunp.

AndyD

aka andydumi
You come at the President, you get one shot at it

Yep. It needs to be sufficient to have him impeached even if it survives a self-pardon. But you have to keep enough in reserve to charge him with in a post-pardon world too. Though that should be easier on the state side.

Fergie

Banned
It's been 6 months of just self-inflicted chaos and people are still putting 4D chess moves on the Trump WH?

Seriously.

If that were true he wouldn't have run to The NY Times and did an interview where he spells out wanting to fire him for recusal.

Boke1879

Truly all a plot. I mean he's passed so much legislation with these genius tactics.

Please. This is who Trump is. He's mad Sessions hasn't done away with the Russian investigation. He tweets about it all the time. I find it amazing you think he's some genius.

... what?

I don't think it would be very comforting and thus indicative of there being no rift between the two to concoct a plan where he would very publicly throw Sessions under the bus and bully him in this fashion as a mere ploy to give him "an excuse" to quit. Why on earth would Sessions want to agree to this plan of action as opposed to any of a number of other plausible scenarios that would lead one to resign?

If there was a grand plan, Sessions would quietly resign, citing "family issues" or something. A very public lambasting where Trump makes it clear he's only upset with Sessions for his recusal over the Russia probe and that he's not going after Clinton (which he's also recused from btw) is... not a great strategy, politically or legally.

Boylamite

You're making things up in your head. This makes no sense.

Is there a planned Press Briefing today? I can't wait to see Sanders die a little on the inside as she has to attempt to explain this

Mahonay

Banned
LOL wow you give Trump way too much fucking credit.

He is man-baby that just lashes out at everyone. I can guarantee you that there is no plan.

If Sessions were in in this, he would have just agreed to resign in private. The public spectacle doesn't help anything. It's Trump incompetence.

Beyond the Sessions/Mueller angle is the fact that Trump is constantly hiring and firing people. There is almost no stability around except his family. It's been constant going back to the campaign.

Mahonay

Banned
Is there a planned Press Briefing today? I can't wait to see Sanders die a little on the inside as she has to attempt to explain this
Nah. Sanders seems to actually enjoy yelling at press members and running with the fake news agenda. She ain't Spicey, who's life you could see fading away as he tried to explain the dumbest shit.

Also, are almost all of the White House press briefings off camera now? I feel like we just see quotes from press that were there instead of video.

Top Bottom