• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AP sources: Trump speaks to advisers about firing Sessions

Nah. Sanders seems to actually enjoy yelling at press members and running with the fake news agenda. She ain't Spicey, who's life you could see fading away as he tried to explain the dumbest shit.

Also, are almost all of the White House press briefings off camera now? I feel like we just see quotes from press that were there instead of video.
It was announced yesterday that they are going to be back on camera

Sanders likes to yell at the press but she's also fucking terrible at anything resembling having a poker face

She's easily irritable, and the press don't like her at all (they at least had some begrudging respect for Spicer since he had been around for a while)

Mahonay

Banned
The article title on Bob Loblaw's Law Blog
giphy.gif

Beyond the Sessions/Mueller angle is the fact that Trump is constantly hiring and firing people. There is almost no stability around except his family. It's been constant going back to the campaign.
Going back to ALWAYS. He's doing shit the same way he did with his shitty businesses. Constantly firing/hiring, a strict demand for total loyalty to him, alpha male inspired power plays, hyping everything up with blatant lies followed by little action. Except he's the president and it's actually having consequences now.

"He'll run the country like a business! He's not a politician". Hey, they were right!
It was announced yesterday that they are going to be back on camera
Oh, good.
Sanders likes to yell at the press but she's also fucking terrible at anything resembling having a poker face

She's easily irritable, and the press don't like her at all (they at least had some begrudging respect for Spicer since he had been around for a while)
Lol yup.

Link

The Autumn Wind
If Trump had the balls to hard push for marijuana legalization in all 50 states, I'd honestly consider voting for him for the second term. That would singlehandedly bring about huge amounts of tax revenue for states, suppress some of the illegal drug trade and associated gang violence, massively reduce the incarceration rates of Americans (especially minorities), and with the reduced incarceration rates bring about more stabilized families which will lead towards generational benefits.

I would forgive a lot of Trump's shit if he actually lead the charge towards full legalization across the US, not just "state's rights"-level of support.
Cardinals fans once again proving that they're the worst.

To be fair, the world already knows he's guilty as shit, it's Americans that is the problem :v

I will never forget the day after the election, dealing with a few hundred people throughout the day at work, and this serious fucking sense of dread and shock and numbness from a lot of individuals. Anecdotal, and friends mentioned themselves general feelings of anger and shock from people.

No one thought people would vote the party line, no matter the misogyny, no matter the racism, no matter the sexism, no matter the stupidity of the novelty candidate, the populist attention-seeking-manchild-whore Trump who appealed to the lowest common denominator just to feel loved, to be liked, to improve his "brand," to be voted into legitimacy, to be voted into the prestige of the most powerful position of the land, instead of earning it, through his own actions and soul. And we have seen winning does not mean he deserved it.

The Republican party, who the whole election cycle seemed about to implode, to disintegrate, to tear itself apart at the seams, to finally fall and be humiliated for its inferiority, they all knew how awful Trump truly was.
They all know he is guilty, they just have to appear to be ingenuous, to play the game.
The hicks, the rednecks, the evangelists, the hypocritical religious, coal country, the racists, the tax "burdened" millionaires, the Republican politicians who crave power, the easily manipulated, the brain-dead fools, the general stupid plebs, the desperate.
They all "know" Trump is guilty. They are all Americans.
They just don't care, and that is the problem.
May they suffer and learn, but they are not intelligent enough to learn.

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
It's really something when Trump manages to look worse than a complete piece of shit like Sessions.
The Republican party, who the whole election cycle seemed about to implode, to disintegrate, to tear itself apart at the seams, to finally fall and be humiliated for its inferiority, they all knew how awful Trump truly was.
They all know he is guilty, they just have to appear to be ingenuous, to play the game.
The hicks, the rednecks, the evangelists, the hypocritical religious, coal country, the racists, the tax "burdened" millionaires, the Republican politicians who crave power, the easily manipulated, the brain-dead fools, the general stupid plebs, the desperate.
They all "know" Trump is guilty. They are all Americans.
They just don't care, and that is the problem.
This is especially crazy to me too. Six months before election day, Republicans HATED Trump. They HATED him. And yet as it became increasingly clear that he was going to represent their side, people came up with all sorts of justifications to throw their lot in with a guy that they hated. You saw it happen from the GOP politicians, but you also saw it from the voters. It was insane.

These days, Trump is Dear Leader to these people and can do no wrong, but one year ago most of these people hated him. What the fuck?

TheOfficeMut

Unconfirmed Member
If Trump had the balls to hard push for marijuana legalization in all 50 states, I'd honestly consider voting for him for the second term. That would singlehandedly bring about huge amounts of tax revenue for states, suppress some of the illegal drug trade and associated gang violence, massively reduce the incarceration rates of Americans (especially minorities), and with the reduced incarceration rates bring about more stabilized families which will lead towards generational benefits.

I would forgive a lot of Trump's shit if he actually lead the charge towards full legalization across the US, not just "state's rights"-level of support.

How fucked up must your priorities be where you'd forgive and vote Trump in a second time over marijuana legalization despite all his reprehensible views.

Instro

Don't do drugs kids.

h1nch

I'd rather back a candidate who would fully legalize cannabis consumption/distribution, and who is also not a complete piece of shit human being like Trump.

Also, Trump would never in a million years consider legalization. The fact that he picked Sessions as his AG shows how little he cares about that particular issue. There are too many voices in his own party that still believe cannabis should be illegal, despite the fact that there exists not one single legitimate argument for cannabis prohibition. Logic and reason are two things that Republicans have chosen to eschew.

Maxim726X

For a guy who's only recent real business success was yelling "You're fired!" in a TV show, he sure is a coward about actually firing people. He's like the shitty boyfriend/girlfriend that wants to break up with you, but doesn't actually want to dump you, and instead just acts like a total prick constantly until you give up and leave instead.

Well... Even as someone as stupid as he is has to foresee the shitstorm that will come as a result of firing Sessions. He'd just like him to quietly go away but Sessions ain't biting. He's going to get fired it's just a question of when.

Zolo

Well... Even as someone as stupid as he is has to foresee the shitstorm that will come as a result of firing Sessions. He'd just like him to quietly go away but Sessions ain't biting. He's going to get fired it's just a question of when.

Yeah. Trump's trying to get it where when he hires someone to replace Sessions that fires Mueller, Trump can go "I didn't fire anybody".

How fucked up must your priorities be where you'd forgive and vote Trump in a second time over marijuana legalization despite all his reprehensible views.

Right? Trump would still want to destroy civil rights, electoral and ethical integrity and the environment. Hell, his legalization of weed might even come with caveats like how it would still be illegal for "lower income" people or some shit. But somehow the poster doesn't realize that by voting Democratic you'd legalize weed but also protect civil rights and minorities, protect the environment and actively try to repair the country's standing on the world stage. Like g'damn are people really that eager for Trump to "turn over a new leaf" after a lifetime of scummery? How about voting for people who've shown they actually care rather than for people who are willing to pretend to care so they can exploit you.

Neith

Banned
I'd rather back a candidate who would fully legalize cannabis consumption/distribution, and who is also not a complete piece of shit human being like Trump.

Also, Trump would never in a million years consider legalization. The fact that he picked Sessions as his AG shows how little he cares about that particular issue. There are too many voices in his own party that still believe cannabis should be illegal, despite the fact that there exists not one single legitimate argument for cannabis prohibition. Logic and reason are two things that Republicans have chosen to eschew.

I'd have to agree I think unless I am totally wrong and a miracle is going to happen. We seem to be caught on the edge for now. What is certain is that they can't push too much back anymore for what we got already.

But it could be a long time before full legalization.

This post is one of the reasons I used to get into arguments with legalization advocates even though I was in favor of legalization and/or decriminalization of marijuana. There were just so many stupid marijuana legalization advocates who live in this complete fantasy world where marijuana is a magic wonder crop that simultaneously cures all of the human race's ailments and it's regulation is the reason for all of society's ills.

Being a single-issue voter is stupid. Being a single-issue voter and marijuana legalization is your single issue is beyond stupid.

For real. That's incredibly shitty

It's a stupid hypothetical, but if a Republican presidential candidate ever did make marijuana legalization part of his platform, the democrat candidate would do the same. Same goes for gun regulations and 'tough on crime' regulations. The Democrats only temper their stance on these issues to make themselves more palatable to middle and right wing voters.

conpfreak

Almost everyone in this cabinet is shit. Please accelerate the madness so the backlash can build up to where it needs to be so we can be done with this whole administration. Even if Trump doesn't go, the backlash can give Democrats momentum in the midterms or splinter the Republican party enough to force true reformation on the right.

It's a stupid hypothetical, but if a Republican presidential candidate ever did make marijuana legalization part of his platform, the democrat candidate would do the same. Same goes for gun regulations and 'tough on crime' regulations. The Democrats only temper their stance on these issues to make themselves more palatable to middle and right wing voters.

Yeah, it's ridiculous. I cannot envision any scenario in which the official GOP position is full marijuana legalization and the Democratic platform isn't.

That's Kremlin propaganda.

He's regurgitating Putin's talking points again.

As baseless as it is, I bet that tweet is going to stir up a lot of fuss again. Expect the (R) senate intelligence committee members to go down that rabbit hole, and the intelligence community will have to investigate and respond.

Mahonay

Banned
Yeah, it's ridiculous. I cannot envision any scenario in which the official GOP position is full marijuana legalization and the Democratic platform isn't.
It's an argument you make if you're being blatantly contrarian or know next to fucking nothing about ring wing platforms.

Lesath

Oh, yes, because once weed is legalized it's like racism and police corruption won't exist anymore so minorities won't have anything to worry about.

So let's throw women, religious minorities, lgbt people, the climate, the sick, the poor, our international allies, and the overall integrity of the office of the president under the bus....

...so that pot will be legal.

Zolo

That's Kremlin propaganda.

He's regurgitating Putin's talking points again.

Yep.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/07/23/...n-region&region=top-news&WT.nav=top-news&_r=0
But when Mr. Trump met Mr. Putin in Hamburg, Germany, two weeks ago, he did not utter similar suspicions, at least in public. In fact, he emerged to tell his aides that the Russian president had offered a compelling rejoinder: Moscow’s cyberoperators are so good at covert computer-network operations that if they had dipped into the Democratic National Committee’s systems, they would not have been caught.

Scaramucci repeated this on TV as well.

jelly

Would he ever fire Bannon or is that like dumping Fox News which his base love? Does that make him untouchable.

Why doesn't Trump have a nickname already? He calls people Crooked or Lying, but why has no one stuck him with something like that?

Top Bottom