• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Apple iPhone 6 [OT]

Couleurs

There's no way I'm staying up until 3am to preorder the iPhone 6. Do you guys think I'll be fine if I preorder tomorrow evening?

Preorders tend to sell out within a few hours (iPhone 5 sold out in an hour, for example). If you wait you'll likely be pushed back a couple of weeks.

kaskade

I really don't know why they don't just to it Midnight Eastern/ 9 PM PST. I would love to pre-order at 9 pm vs midnight.

I definitely wouldn't mind midnight. I'm fine staying up until then maybe 1-1:30 but that when it starts to get difficult. I kind of run out of things to do and just want to fall asleep. I set an alarm in case that does end up happening.

Think I'm gonna take the plunge. 6+, 64 gig, but buying out of contract ($850) to keep my grandfathered unlimited on Verizon. Doing the math I think I save more and keep my unlimited data. Unless I'm missing a glaring oversight here.

Should I pre-order from Verizon or do store pick-up from the Apple store?

Damn. I didn't think of this. My Apple store is in an okay neighborhood but do I really trust the riff raff to not be fucking with people picking up their iPhones?

Pagusas

Elden Member
Doing a standard iPhone 6 with 64gb. Preordering at Best Buy tomorrow when they open at 10am. I have a $50 rebate if i buy a sign a 2 year contract with any carrier (sticking with ATT to keep unlimited data). Also have $210 in Reward Zone Points to use.

chidrock

Has anyone found anything that talks about the difference between the resolutions of the 6 and the 6+? I know the 6+ has a higher ppi, but I can't find anything that actually discusses how the two screens compared when seen in person.

I'm still torn between the 6 and the 6+. I think I'd like the 6 better for practical purposes (one hand use and easier to hold up for pics), but if the 6+ has a nicer looking screen I'd feel like I'd be missing out because in my head the jump between the 5 and the 6 doesn't seem that big now. I'm not a fan of the bigger phones, but the 6+ would feel like more of an upgrade to me, if that makes any sense.

At least I have my OCD to keep me company for the next 3 hours lol...

Because if its like in the past, AT&T will lock the phone. And T-Mobile will lock it for a few weeks.

You mean, if I buy it from T-Mobile it will be locked for T-Mobile?

But if I buy the T-Mobile version via Apple, I'm good to go and can just walk into a T-Mobile store to get an account with them? (I'll be switching from Verizon)

Appreciate the help!

giga

Pro tip: Now's a good time to enable express checkout.

OTee4nU.png

kneePat

You mean, if I buy it from T-Mobile it will be locked for T-Mobile?

But if I buy the T-Mobile version via Apple, I'm good to go and can just walk into a T-Mobile store to get an account with them? (I'll be switching from Verizon)

Appreciate the help!

Yes

https://twitter.com/ATTCustomerCare/status/510274854491521024

From what it looks like here, there will be something online for AT&T where you can say you are trading in your phone so you can get the credit. I thought they would do that the other methods seem over-complicated.

This would be ideal, but since its AT&T I really don't have much faith in it working, but hopefully it does.

Juice

I'm switching from AT&T to T-Mobile tonight (assuming T-mobile's servers can handle me).

One catch to their ETF reimbursement is you have to buy a phone from them to qualify, so I can't buy the 6 from Apple.

I wonder what color I want. Silver I think.

Damn I keep flip flopping!

One minute I want the 6+ ordered tonight, the next I say, "Nah, I'll wait a few weeks, try them both in store, and then decide."

I feel like a lunatic.

knicks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o8Y8HMCz7p4

This shows how difficult it can be to put a 6 Plus in your pocket.

This whole thing is so shitty. Apple fucked over so many people. I would get the iPhone 6 instantly if it had a 1080P screen, and the battery was just as superior as the 6 Plus. But I can't possibly carry a 5.5 inch phone. How can you bring this thing out? Concerts, dinner, work, bars, just sucks.

Dominator

Should I pre-order from Verizon or do store pick-up from the Apple store?

Damn. I didn't think of this. My Apple store is in an okay neighborhood but do I really trust the riff raff to not be fucking with people picking up their iPhones?
I'm ordering straight from Verizon getting shipped to my house day 1. Its worked well for me for the 5 and 5S.

What is this feature? Not on the standard 6?
Double tap (not click) the home button and the entire screen shifts down so you can reach the apps on top while using the phone with one hand. It works on everything on the phone, even all the apps.

HUELEN10

Raitosaito or any other T-Mo bro:

Will the stores, at least corporate stores get any 64 GB variants on launch day? Prepping backup options just in case.

kneePat

The 6 is inferior. It's the same thing as a iPhone 5S.

I'm guessing you have a 5S?

Verizon phones are unlocked and AT&T will unlock with a simple web request if the phone is paid off.

I'm still ordering from Apple.

AT&T will unlock after 2 years from purchase I believe if you get subsidized pricing. You are right about Verizon.

edit: I'm glad they changed their policy for full price phones (TY DMCA), right you are. I guess it doesn't really matter where you buy it from.

Top Bottom