• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Apple iPhone SE |OT| A Dazzling Display of Common Sense (again)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
Fresh outta basic military training, I upgraded from a 5S to a 6S and it arrived the day the SE was announced...

If only I had known. Would've saved a nice penny

You can probably return the 6S.

Armadilo

Banned
So i have a horrible virgin mobile phone, I was going to wait until the iphone 7 came out ot before joining T-Mobile but right now i pay almost $40 and my phone is screwed up. Is there any way to get this phone and upgrade or trade for the i7 when ot comes out.

Dont have good credit so would pay monthly,can anybody give me some advice

HUELEN10

Less than 1.25 hours away from likely preorders, and now the Apple Store app is down. It's about to get real! perhaps the demand is larger than I assumed.

Oppo

The 6S, 6, and 5S all did... why would this iPhone be different?

And you're damned straight I am buying this thing; it's good enough to switch cycles for in my eyes.

Either Silver or Space Gray 64GB for me... Day ONE.

I laughed when you told us all in your Being Poor Sucks thread that you wouldn't buy anything but Star Trek tickets for a year because you were all responsible

and now I laugh again

also you are obsessing over performance when the new model just barely edges out a 6S due to less pixels. big deal

HUELEN10

I laughed when you told us all in your Being Poor Sucks thread that you wouldn't buy anything but Star Trek tickets for a year because you were all responsible

and now I laugh again

Are you kidding me, I am SAVING money by doing this. Thins aren't as simple/black and white as you might think...

Oppo

Are you kidding me, I am SAVING money by doing this. Thins aren't as simple/black and white as you might think...
yes yes

you can't afford not to buy it, I get it

i won't judge. but I think I need to avoid your threads from now on. godspeed, you odd person.

Skux

iPhone 4 owner here... so glad that the SE exists and will definitely be upgrading. Flagship specs in a one-handed phone.

phaonaut

509220.jpg

All I could think of.

Darkkn

I'm really interested in this after breaking my Galaxy s6. The only thing i'm wondering about is the battery life. With Gs6 i got only like 2 hours of screen on time for a normal day and that is not enough to last me the whole day.

What was the batter life of iPhone 5s like? Worry free or barely making it for a day?

Store is up. I'm seeing delivery date of 3/31. It looks like they didn't make the nice silicone cases that the 6s series has, so if you're an ethical vegetarian you're SOL; leather cases only.

SURGEdude

I'm really interested in this after breaking my Galaxy s6. The only thing i'm wondering about is the battery life. With Gs6 i got only like 2 hours of screen on time for a normal day and that is not enough to last me the whole day.

What was the batter life of iPhone 5s like? Worry free or barely making it for a day?

According to the Wall Street Journal:

In my lab stress test, which cycles through websites with uniform screen brightness, the SE lasted 10 hours—more than two hours longer than both the iPhone 6s and iPhone 5s, and nearly three hours longer than the Galaxy S7

So basically pretty phenomenal battery life.

HUELEN10

Store is up. I'm seeing delivery date of 3/31. It looks like they didn't make the nice silicone cases that the 6s series has, so if you're an ethical vegetarian you're SOL; leather cases only.

Luckily, Speck's iPhone 5 cases can be found in a variety of nice models and colors for quite cheap! Or you could always go Spigen. Regardless of material, nothing is totally ethical. if it ain't animal, it's petroleum based, so it's something to keep in mind. perhaps go caseless?

dc89

Apple Store App always works better than their website when it comes to new product launches, it was the same with the Watch.

Luckily, Speck's iPhone 5 cases can be found in a variety of nice models and colors for quite cheap! Or you could always go Spigen. Regardless of material, nothing is totally ethical. if it ain't animal, it's petroleum based, so it's something to keep in mind. perhaps go caseless?

I've tried many; they're all not great compared to the Apple silicone cases. The hard shell cases provide little in the way of drop protection (no shock absorption). So yeah, I went caseless with the 5s, and would be the same deal here. But I didn't bite on the SE. I have the 6s right now, and losing some of the hardware features would be hard to swallow. The first-gen Touch ID basically doesn't work with my fingers. I think I'll wait and see if the SE gets updated with the iPhone 7 lineup.

HUELEN10

Well, it's been fun, but it's been a tiring day and someone needs her sleep. Good luck to the rest of you, remember to use the app! Also, post what capacity and color you get, post great 5S accessory deals, and anything else that's relevant.

Nighty night GAF.

AzureSky

So what's the deal with the headphone jack? (I'm out of the loop sort of)

iPhone SE has one.
iPhone 7 will probably not have it, rumor mill said so...

it's really an amazing phone. Apple managed to cram current high-end hardware into it and it's still the cheapest phone they have ever had. I think many android users will consider switching, just because this is the first competitively priced iPhone.

vwnut13

Note the FBI won't even have to worry about encryption, because even the cheap iPhone has a fingerprint scanner.

dity

Totally buying this as soon as I can. I'm going to trade in my 6 to the recycling program, apparently I can get $450 which is most of the total (it's like 679 in my country).

AzureSky

i wonder how the identical look to 5/5s will influence the buying habits.
There are already people making fun of it (Kimmel), and most will really not be able to see the differences.

wait, people actually want this? it seems like they found a warehouse full of old 4th generation iphones and just re-branded them.

why would you not want it? Just because it looks the same?
It's a low budget high-end phone and will likely be supported for a very long time.

because it's tiny. not to mention lacking basic features of today's phones. budget wise, i don't know about you but i usually pay a monthly fee for phones instead of buying it straight up

AzureSky

wait, people actually want this? it seems like they found a warehouse full of old 4th generation iphones and just re-branded them.

why would you not want it? Just because it looks the same?
It's a low budget high-end phone and will likely be supported for a very long time.

Guess Who

Banned
because it's tiny. not to mention lacking basic features of today's phones. budget wise, i don't know about you but i usually pay a monthly fee for phones instead of buying it straight up

People want it because it's tiny, and the only major features the flagship 6S has that this doesn't are 3D Touch and a 5MP front camera.

snap0212

I got a 6s a couple of months ago and am loving it. Though I have to admit that I'd prefer a smaller phone. The 5s was perfect size wise and this sounds amazing. The 6s is too big for me and too slippery when it's in my case. I'll try the sand stone case from OnePlusOne for the 6s first, but I'm really eager to try this one out.

How do I do I store pickup rather than delivery to my house on the Apple Store app? It said available for pickup at the retail store on the 31st, but just gives me a delivery option.

AzureSky

like what for example? Not dismissing your opinion, just curious what you consider a basic feature. There is not a big difference to iPhone 6/6s (which cost quiet a bit more), the only noteworthy would be smaller screen size, which some people consider a good trade if they can have a smaller phone.

And yes, i am buying my phones straight up. But even if you have a monthly plan, price is always important, i doubt your provider will just ignore the extra costs. At the end, the customer pays all of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom