• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT| 2017 Season Premiere

ReiGun

I feel like weekly NXT might be getting better with the new folks and people moving on.

I really enjoyed this week.

The Ember Moon thing was not good though. I really like her but her character doesn't make sense and segments like that are really incongruent.

They're finally finding their footing again after last year gutted the roster. The women's and singles divisions are healthy again with enough talent for interesting stories and good to great matches. Tag still need more teams, but #DIY and AoP are good teams to rebuild the division around. Plus, I'm sure they'll throw Sanity into that mix soon.

They need to go back to the drawing board on Ember Moon. Which they won't really do because they want her as the face of the division once Asuka leaves. But that's probably going to backfire because there's nothing to latch into with her beyond her ring work. I'd say send her up to main ASAP to see if someone there could figure her out, but I think the well is just poisoned on this incarnation of her character.

Adree

The ghost of Dusty should come back and slap Oney Lorcan for choosing that name to go along with his zero gimmicks and mini-Cesaro physique.

Jeff Hardy on Cabana's podcast, not one who does these a lot so was a good listen. Goes a bit into his arrest and match with Sting, glad he's clean now. Didn't think it was public knowledge that Matt went through the same ADDICTIONS

Oh, wait.

5J2Md6F.png

Yeeeaaah!

Not even on the poster

cm-punk-raw-stage-e1428509574702.jpg

Hasney

Jeff Hardy on Cabana's podcast, not one who does these a lot so was a good listen. Goes a bit into his arrest and match with Sting, glad he's clean now. Didn't think it was public knowledge that Matt went through the same ADDICTIONS

Unless we're talking about some secret SPOT MONKEEEE addicition, I think it all came out when matt crashed his car.

Pikma

Banned
Nakamura on Shibata's injury:

Pro Wrestling in Japan has been trending more and more to dangerous moves. As we've seen with Honma and Shibata, people do get seriously injured and maybe its time to think and to change. I've always been worried about Shibata's bumping and then something like this happens. He always takes bumps 100%. I think this is a time for every wrestler to re-think dangerous moves and risk-taking during matches.

Hasney

Oh god, watching the most recent Botchamania and I'm now just going to assume that singing the Saved by the Bell theme song was the early 90's indie version of chanting CM Punk.

RBH

Randy Orton was a guest at his home town of St. Louis’ recent Wizard World convention, held last weekend, April 7 - 9. During his Q & A, the WWE World champ was brutally honest about his entrance at WrestleMania 33, which saw him walk down the 80 yard ramp while a “Viper” was projected beneath his feet

As Orton told the crowd, including one pre-teen boy who asked him about it, he’s often “screwed out of entrances” like the ones Triple H gets. He particularly disliked this year’s because “The snake looked like giant sperm”.

He reiterated his thoughts on the ‘Mania 33 entrance when he told the crowd he loved “Big 4” pay-per-view (PPV) events, but WrestleMania can have downsides like having to “ride a giant sperm” to the ring.
http://www.cagesideseats.com/wwe/20...nia-33-entrance-snake-looked-like-giant-sperm

Menome

Oh dear. That promo by Ember Moon was pretty damn bad. Not Titus-awful, but bad enough to roll one's eyes at and realise they've finally lost any remaining mystique from her character.

Heroman

Banned
Finlay/Liger/Nakanishi vs. Kawato, Kitamura, Oka 2.75

Bullet Club vs. Tiger Mask, Tiger Mask W, Makabe, Nagata 3.25

CHAOS vs. Suzuki-Gun 3

Taichi/Kanemaru vs. Gedo/Jado 3

Omega/Fale vs. Ishii/Yano 3

Taguchi Japan vs. LIJ 3.75

War Machine vs. TenKoji 3.75

Goto vs. Sabre 3.5

Takahashi vs. KUSHIDA 2.5

Okada vs. Shibata 5

tumblr_n5i3hdiDv41tt2jjyo1_r1_500.gif

Best in the world

ReiGun

I think Paul Lonodn talked about it once. Said Matt was a utter mess, constantly throwing parties with Jeff where both of them would get utterly trashed. Jeff's issues just became more public because of his position at WWE and TNA.

He has to be pissed they started using it during his regular entrances too.

Mahonay

Banned
Oh dear. That promo by Ember Moon was pretty damn bad. Not Titus-awful, but bad enough to roll one's eyes at and realise they've finally lost any remaining mystique from her character.
I've only seen her give a promo once before and it was real, real bad. She seems like she's afraid of public speaking. Haven't watch yesterday's NXT yet.

They need to give her a manager or just have a reason for her not to speak.

Menome

I've only seen her give a promo once before and it was real, real bad. She seems like she's afraid of public speaking. Haven't watch yesterday's NXT yet.

They need to give her a manager or just have a reason for her not to speak.

She performs it well enough, it's just incredibly saccharine and cloying, with a hint of salt on the side.

miserable

Finlay/Liger/Nakanishi vs. Kawato, Kitamura, Oka 2.75

Bullet Club vs. Tiger Mask, Tiger Mask W, Makabe, Nagata 3.25

CHAOS vs. Suzuki-Gun 3

Taichi/Kanemaru vs. Gedo/Jado 3

Omega/Fale vs. Ishii/Yano 3

Taguchi Japan vs. LIJ 3.75

War Machine vs. TenKoji 3.75

Goto vs. Sabre 3.5

Takahashi vs. KUSHIDA 2.5

Okada vs. Shibata 5

tumblr_n5i3hdiDv41tt2jjyo1_r1_500.gif

Best in the world

shanafan

Guess I am immune to Mauro leaving. He didn't do that much for me. I thought people thought he was already getting stale?

Give me Tom Phillips and Corey Graves for every show, and I am all set.

Beefy

Guess I am immune to Mauro leaving. He didn't do that much for me.

Are you immune to the bullying though?

This isn't about Mauro leaving. This is about Mauro leaving because he was bullied.

Hasney

Guess I am immune to Mauro leaving. He didn't do that much for me. I thought people thought he was already getting stale?

Cool, he totally should have been bullied until his mental health deteriorated then to get Facefuck Phillips on air.

It's not about if you like him or not at this point.

shanafan

Bullying is nothing new to the WWE. It didn't start with JBL, and it won't end with JBL.

It exists in all forms of entertainment from WWE, to the NBA, to Hollywood. We just don't hear about that much.

imBask

Banned
Bullying is nothing new to the WWE. It didn't start with JBL, and it won't end with JBL.

It exists in all forms of entertainment from WWE, to the NBA, to Hollywood. We just don't hear about that much.

so the solution is... to ignore it?

the fuck, are you high

Hasney

Ahahaha, so if a slim fuck gets exposed, fuck everything right? We've not given up removing all forms of evil shit in this world, so fuck it. IT WILL NEVER END SO EVERYONE CAN DO IT.

Kurita

I don't care for Mauro at all, but being bullied out of your job is shitty and WWE needs to face some consequences for tolerating this

Beefy

Still doesn't mean we shouldn't call it out when the bullying culture of a company goes public. To simply say it happens every where is a cop out.

Heroman

Banned

And?
Like racism is this in all forms entertainment and WWE so we shouldn't stop if it already happening?

shanafan

I don't care for Mauro at all, but being bullied out of your job is shitty and WWE needs to face some consequences for tolerating this

But couldn't Mauro just be switch to Raw instead? Separate him and JBL?

If someone is being bullied in classroom, the teacher could separate them both with different seats across the room.

I never said bullying was OK, my point was that it unfortunately happens. I am sure WWE doesn't want this over their head, and would want to correct the situation than letting someone leave over it.

Top Bottom