• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT| 2017 Season Premiere

Honestly the word bullying needs to be replaced with harassment.... bullying makes it easy to invoke high school and demphasizes just how serious it is.
I'm conflicted about it

It's definitely been weird seeing articles about "accused of bullying!" as it does evoke high school and under, the wording makes it easy to be like "who cares lol not a crime to bully lol get over it"

At the same time, I think having it be like "grown ass man acting like a dumbass high schooler" works too

cordy

Banned
The Orton vs Wyatt house of horrors match will be the blow off with Wyatt losing. He won't be taking the belt to RAW.

(WWE apparently still doesn't even know what a HoH match is. They sent out a survey asking fans what they wanted to see and it looks like it's gonna be a mess. "fog, creepy noises, etc")

Styles and Owens is set for Backlash in May for the US belt. While that feud is going it seems Orton will be in a program with Corbin since it's "to early for Nakamura"

Brock will defend the Universal belt against Braun in "June or July"

The plan is still Brock vs Roman at Mania next year. So they'll continue to be kept apart.
- WON

I'm conflicted about it

It's definitely been weird seeing articles about "accused of bullying!" as it does evoke high school and under, the wording makes it easy to be like "who cares lol not a crime to bully lol get over it"

At the same time, I think having it be like "grown ass man acting like a dumbass high schooler" works too

But a grown ass man acting like a high schooler in other ways is still treated as a grown ass man. Call it what it is a sustained harassment campaign.

Caderfix

Instead of giving all of Brock's heat to Roman, let Braun destroy him instead, for fucks sake. He just retired the Undertaker, he doesn't need it, Braun on the other hand could use it 100%.

Also, poor Bray. Even I am starting to lose hope...

EDIT: Well, there's a chance both Braun AND Roman are going to defeat Brock. That'd be fine too.

GunBR

Instead of giving all of Brock's heat to Roman, let Braun destroy him instead, for fucks sake. He just retired the Undertaker, he doesn't need it, Braun on the other hand could use it 100%.

Also, poor Bray. Even I am starting to lose hope...

Well, there's a chance both Braun AND Roman are going to defeat Brock. That'd be fine too.
Everyone needs to put Roman over
I'm 100% sure that Mania main event of 2019 gonna be Roman vs Rock or Cena

And I lost all my hopes that Bray would stop being the jobber of the stars when they let Dean fight against Ziggler (lol) at Summerslam instead of Bray last year

Tom Nook

Poor Bray. :(

The HoH match will probably be more like their WM match - bugs, maggot, etc - but in a cage.

KO/AJ is a good program. LOL, the US title is the main title while WWE title is secondary.

Roman comes back for revenge in that match.

Kaladin

So I listened to Jim Cornette's latest podcast today. Surprise, he defends JBL and even tells some stories of his now infamous ribs which essentially translate to bullying or at the least douchbaggery. The only real difference I can tell is some people play along or let it go and some people are offended.

Caderfix

Everyone needs to put Roman over
I'm 100% sure that Mania main event of 2019 gonna be Roman vs Rock or Cena

And I lost all my hopes that Bray would stop being the jobber of the stars when they let Dean fight against Ziggler (lol) at Summerslam instead of Bray last year

What I don't get is why they need to give everything to only one person. I know they want Roman to be the next Cena, but Roman has one accolade that is bigger than anything Cena have (Defeating/Retiring Taker at Mania), he will be a 10+ times world champion, he won a Rumble, had one entire Rumble built around him, main evented 3 Manias in a row, etc. More accolades are not going to do him any favor, why not give something to someone else?

Rockandrollclown

lookwhatyou'vedone
The beautiful thing about Zayn and Owens to Smackdown is I don't have to care about Reigns anymore. I feel bad for Joe though. I assume he's gonna get jobbed to the shield pretty badly.

TraBuch

Banned
I wasn't able to watch WCW growing up and I've been listening to The Lapsed Fan lately and WCW seems like some carny shit.

And that promo Heyman cut on Madusa is crazy. I wonder what the reaction now would be to a man saying to a woman "the reason that I hired you is because the other hooker I had in mind had a previous obligation."

I wasn't able to watch WCW growing up and I've been listening to The Lapsed Fan lately and WCW seems like some carny shit.

And that promo Heyman cut on Madusa is crazy. I wonder what the reaction now would be to a man saying to a woman "the reason that I hired you is because the other hooker I had in mind had a previous obligation."

It would be very, very bad. And deservedly so.

Zach

I agree 91-94 WCW 4 lyfe. But stuff like chamber of horrors and white castle were so cheezy.

They took that asthetic with Bray and are playing 100% more serious. He is basically a lamer dungeon of doom

But a lot of the cheese was deliciously goofy, whereas Bray seems kinda mundanely goofy. >_>

It was a crazy time and wildly inconsistent.

Why is Kevin Nash still popular?
MI0001953260.jpg

Kaladin

I had a thought....WWE doesn't see bullying as bullying, why would they think of it as a bullying culture? They think of bullying as harmless ribs and pranks, things to fill shoot interviews with and write books about. Hell, that WWE Network show Story Time is kind of a documentary on WWE bullying.

Braun fighting for the belt in a month is going to make zero sense after Roman squashes him at Payback or Backlash or whatever

Expect for the part where they have an entire company dedicated to anti bullying

Has Be a Star been seen since Linda lost her second election?

I just assumed all that shit was just a bad smokescreen while she was failing at trying to be elected.

Maybe if JBL gets tossed WWE will go back to two man commentary teams?

JBL isnt going anywhere. At most he takes a few weeks off.

Also WON is reporting WWE is trying to make a deal with Mauro to keep him from running to the media once his contract is up. I expected that.

Personally think it would be great if he went public and I bet it would help Mauro's whole public spokesperson for mental health gimmick but if WWE lets him leave a few months early to go work elsewhere and writes a big ol' cheque I am not going to hold it against him.

Hasney

Watching NXT and that was a good way to debut that big guy against DIY. Put him in a jobber tag team but destroy the other guy who made him lose.

God Ember Moon is a terrible character though. Hopefully they reboot her after this crying.

Kaladin

Watching NXT and that was a good way to debut that big guy against DIY. Put him in a jobber tag team but destroy the other guy who made him lose.

God Ember Moon is a terrible character though. Hopefully they reboot her after this crying.

They tried to make a female Demon King with Ember Moon, but it just isn't working.

Tom Nook

The moment I saw that guy, he looks too good to be a jobber.

I like Ember Moon but that empty arena promo was bad.

They tried to make a female Demon King with Ember Moon, but it just isn't working.

Is that what they are trying?

Because I havent a clue what her thing is. Her entrance is basically "what if I was the happiest bloodborne character". Its not very badass and it doesnt manifest at all in her in ring stuff.

Top Bottom