• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Are You Gonna Play Something to Prep for Starfield?

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Yeah actually dipping into Fallout 4.

I can already tell just from this Starfield is gonna be a PROBLEM

RPS37

I've played 50+ hours of Fallout 4 and 30+ hours of Skyrim in the last 2-3 months. I'm ready.
Season 11 Friends GIF by Curb Your Enthusiasm

Played Skyrim, Divinity OS2, Wasteland 3 back to back.

Playing through Witcher 3 currently.

I think I am ready.

Last edited:

T4keD0wN

Yes, i will be playing all of the Starfield prequels.
Nah, the only thing anyone should be playing is the df performance review video on youtube.

Last edited:

Handel

I have been messing around in Skyrim to scratch that itch, but now that BG3 is out it's all that matters for the next couple months.

TrebleShot

No, I will wait till its on sale in December. In the meantime will likely play other stuff from the backlog/spider man 2

unlurkified

I don’t understand the desire to feel like you should do something to prepare for a game’s release. Just chill and play it whenever you feel like it. Maybe if you want to refresh your muscle memory for a specific MP series like Gears or something. I’m excited for Starfield but probably won’t touch it for 6 mo to a year+ until the rough edges get smoothed over or when modders fix some things like the controls.

Last edited:

Drizzlehell

Banned
I play Elite Dangerous fairly regularly anyway, so that's probably the closest thing. But other than that, I don't want to go out of my way to play anything similar because I don't wanna burn myself out. I remember playing through God of War 2018 just before Ragnarok came out and by the end of the latter game, I was absolutely tired of the formula and just wanted it to end.

Riky

$MSFT
After FInal Fantasy XVI i'm having a palate cleanse of Exoprimal, Apex and fortnite random games. Just random Multiplayer games to get me ready.

Man, I cant wait...just over 3 weeks.

Oh My God Omg GIF by The Office

Same with me, I don't want to play something similar so I'll probably finish Redfall and carry on with Remnant 2 up to Starfield. Then a month before Forza so that will be a nice combo for the rest of the year, two massive deep games.

Treasure Hunter

Neo Member
I always stop playing similar games (especially from the same developer) before a big release, to space out things and increase anticipation. I think last time I played Skyrim is in May and I miss the BGS gameplay loop already. The closer to release, the less likely I'd play anything similar (rpg or open world or first person anything).

Robb

Gold Member
Probably not. I’m not a huge fan of neither TES or Fallout, which I assume would be the main ones to play.

I might take another stroll through No Mans Sky though, just to get a refresh of the mechanics etc. (some stuff look very similar to what I’ve seen if StarField).

Last edited:

Fredrik

I just started a playthrough on Skyrim, Special Edition Anniversary update plus mods, stealth and bow, enjoying it a ton. That’ll hopefully keep me busy while waiting these looooong 3 weeks.

Nah. Well i'm playing Baldur's Gate 3 but not in preperation for Starfield. I'll not be picking Starfield up until I'm done with BG3 and that'll be after hundreds of hours. Probably catch it on a sale.

ReBurn

Gold Member
I'm gonna dig out my Genesis and play Starflight. I figure it's pretty much the same game.

Punished Miku

Gold Member
Just trying to play a few smaller games and wrap up stuff I'm in the middle of. Honestly pretty bummed that Everspace 2 is coming out 3 weeks prior to Starfield, since I don't really want to play 2 large space games in a row.

Caio

I play Elden Ring to...well...not to prepare or be ready for something, but 'cause I can't stop playing it. Probably Starfield will help me to put down my hands from Elden Ring :D

thief183

I decided to postpone starfield for... I dunno with Baldur's gate 3 I kinda feel I don't need it anymore....

salva

I recently just finished two games I only ever really played a bit of when they released, but never finished:
Mass Effect 1 and Skyrim.

Far out that sense of exploration landing on random planets in mass effect. Despite its age and jank, still enjoyed it. Hope starfield delivers on that front!

I played through Skyrim on Switch. Lol that should get me used to 30fps. That thing ran like shit at some parts lol.

Also, finished Project Hail Mary (audio book) a couple weeks ago. Highly fucking recommend if you're into space exploration/Sci-fi.

Diseased Yak

Gold Member
I'm still not finished with FFXVI because I got distracted by the shiny object that is Baldur's Gate 3, which I'm pretty sure I'll be playing for the rest of my life. Hopefully I can get FFXVI finished before September 1st.

Desperately trying to wrap up Zelda before Starfield hits, because once I come out of my hermit cave in 6 months I expect BG3 to either be on Xbox, or on sale on Steam.

Top Bottom