• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Are You Gonna Play Something to Prep for Starfield?

DAHGAMING

Im aiming to finish off The Last of us 1 (about half way) and Assassins Creed Oddessy (fuck knows realy but think again about half way through the main story) . I want to go into Starfield with no other single player game on the go. Im also looking forward to the Cyber Punk Phantom Liberty update coming at the end of September but will start that later on as will be deep in the Starfield hype.

FoxMcChief

Gold Member
I thought about it. But I really want to try and complete Tears of the Kingdom. I’ve got the depths explored (all light roots), and have only completed the Rito dungeon in the main quest. The 200 hours I have put in have been me exploring and messing around building stuff.

This is why Starfield might be the best game ever made for someone like me.

Alan Wake

Not really. I'm playing old Dreamcast games atm.

I know this sounds weird but I pre-ordered the Constellation Edition despite knowing that open world games is not my thing. I thought it looked really cool and I hope Starfield can swing me on open world games, despite knowing my current life situation doesn't really allow for games this size.

Playing Baldurs gate 3 right now...not in prep...but damn...as freeing as this game is as an RPG IDK if its a good idea. Starfield cant live up to this level of story freedom...the saving grace might be the exploration freedom since BG3 is a bit lacking there.

R6Rider

Gold Member
No and I can give a fuck about Turdfield and all these mindless AAA pieces of shite either
Jim Carrey Ok GIF

What does that even mean?

I honestly don't understand what it means to "play something to get ready for Starfield".

What kind of preparation needs to be done, exactly?

Antwix

Except for a random hour or 2 here and there of CoD, I'm giving up video games for a month. I'm going in fresh.

I can't imagine playing something similar-ish to it like No Man's Sky. That's just asking for burn out.

Last edited:

TwiztidElf

Reactivating gamepass for the first time since FH5 and Halo Inf, so probably just check out stuff I'm curious about.
Hi Fi Rush, High on Life, Power Wash Simulator.

Vox Machina

Banned
Why preparing to play another game by playing another game? I don’t understand this. Just wait for release and enjoy.

Yeah especially something similar. Honestly I'd rather watch something that gets me in the mood to play something. Like maybe I'd go watch The Expanse, Star Wars, Star Trek, or Firefly to get the itch, if I needed to.

Varteras

Gold Member
Star Citizen. In all its unoptimized, runs-like-shit-no-matter-your-rig glory. FOR FUCK'S SAKE HURRY UP!

Its Been A Long Time Waiting GIF

mhirano

I’m playing the Starfield Direct YouTube video on my PS5 and crying myself to sleep

Actually playing Mass Effect trilogy on my pc

RPS37

I wanted to play Skyrim, but so far, I’ve been mostly playing Jedi Survivor.
Backlog is huge and it’s the only thing that can keep my attention at the moment.

EDMIX

I am in my 30s, the energy I have left I will save it for Starfield.

Same.

Its why I choose to just watch some shit. I'd rather continue my re-watch of Star Trek TNG to get dem feels and continue said feels when I play Starfield.

Apocryphon

Desperately trying to make a dent in my backlog before I go back to work in 2 weeks. The question is what I’m putting on hold to play Starfield when it comes out..

TwiztidElf

Reactivating gamepass for the first time since FH5 and Halo Inf, so probably just check out stuff I'm curious about.
Hi Fi Rush, High on Life, Power Wash Simulator.
Quick whip around of the things I tried.

Hi Fi Rush. Loved the aesthetic and graphic style. Hated the combat.
High on Life. Fun. I like it.
Power Wash Simulator. Lifeless. Needs cheezy music and a Crazy Dave (From PvZ) type host.
Scorn. Seemed interesting. Loved the art style again, but no interest to keep going and it made me a little car sick.
Snow Runner. I like this.
Grounded. I like this also. Very nice. Very fun.
Exoprimal. Didn't get past the start screen. Wanted some kind of Capcom login. Pass. I have Capcom ID on my SF6 on PS5. Couldn't be arsed authenticating it.
Pentiment. Seemed interesting, but couldn't get into it.
The Legend of Tianding. This is excellent.
F1 22. Haven't tried yet.

Once I've tried F1-22, I'm just going to go back and play more SF6 and TotK post game till Starfield.
I re-enabled my GamePass too soon.

Havoc2049

Playing through the Quake II remaster collection. I finished Quake II 64 and I'm about a 1/3 of the way through Quake II.

ranmafan

I’ve been playing some backlog games, most recently Hellblade on game pass among others. Space related working on the Dead Space remake, everspace 2, and chorus. Other than that dug a little into divinity original sin 2 considering the bg3 release coming soon as well. Thank goodness for my summer vacation.

Top Bottom