• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Arkham Asylum Mafia |OT| It's time to kill the Bat

Sorian

Banned
Sorian are you the Joker?

Considering how easily spread that information was and that near everyone took it as fact tells me that scum probably did target me last night. Mix that with it making no sense that Natiko would have been targeted and scum should have been in the know all day while town has had to guess. Something to keep in mind for reads.

So a fact that I was not so subtly pushing, obviously Natiko and I have the exact same win con. Kill Robin or if that becomes impossible for any reason, one of us needs to live until final 5. Not until game end, specifically until final 5 or less. So this string of town lynches isn't working for me. I also highly doubt Natiko ran into a vet last night, that is certainly possible but tone of the thread reads like his bodyguard activated.

As for Time, I am very much pushing a guess. We did not have a check on him but Natiko and I both came to the same conclusion that something is up and his play today has reinforced that for me. I have no way of knowing if I'm lynching Robin or not but I do think I am dealing with someone who is stalling for a night so they can RB me and I'd very much like to shoot Fat in peace at this point.

We do have two town checks though (well, one town check, the other one is kind of an obscure name and for all intents and purposes, we think it's town but we weren't 100% sure).

Also, curse was real and I shot Kalor. I was always planning to shoot the offwagon day 1 but after Terra's little debacle, I wasn't sure that was the right play anymore so I went for the other person that slipped away from the lynch earlier.

Faddy

Banned
Considering how easily spread that information was and that near everyone took it as fact tells me that scum probably did target me last night. Mix that with it making no sense that Natiko would have been targeted and scum should have been in the know all day while town has had to guess. Something to keep in mind for reads.

So a fact that I was not so subtly pushing, obviously Natiko and I have the exact same win con. Kill Robin or if that becomes impossible for any reason, one of us needs to live until final 5. Not until game end, specifically until final 5 or less. So this string of town lynches isn't working for me. I also highly doubt Natiko ran into a vet last night, that is certainly possible but tone of the thread reads like his bodyguard activated.

As for Time, I am very much pushing a guess. We did not have a check on him but Natiko and I both came to the same conclusion that something is up and his play today has reinforced that for me. I have no way of knowing if I'm lynching Robin or not but I do think I am dealing with someone who is stalling for a night so they can RB me and I'd very much like to shoot Fat in peace at this point.

We do have two town checks though (well, one town check, the other one is kind of an obscure name and for all intents and purposes, we think it's town but we weren't 100% sure).

Also, curse was real and I shot Kalor. I was always planning to shoot the offwagon day 1 but after Terra's little debacle, I wasn't sure that was the right play anymore so I went for the other person that slipped away from the lynch earlier.

Ok I am going to need those checks.

Faddy

Banned
And I'm going to need to see the thread climate. I am perfectly content taking my ball and going home if things turn on me.

Nudull seems convinced and many others are into the utility of letting you get another shot off.

I understand you don't want to give up both your cards at once so give the thread one greencheck.

Sorian

Banned
Nudull seems convinced and many others are into the utility of letting you get another shot off.

I understand you don't want to give up both your cards at once so give the thread one greencheck.

The first one is boring anyway and barely tells you anything (well second one, this is N2's result). CCS is telling the truth as two face, that's why neither of us cared a ton about his claim. The only thing that personally confused me is I just assumed he himself was a double voter and somehow there would be two double votes running around, I didn't think he was just gifting it and had nothing for himself.

Sorian

Banned
Sorian, you're the one who killed Kalor? And did the curse too?

No, I didn't do the curse. I have a hunch on what caused the curse though but that is a theory I can give with my other check. I was just saying it was real because unless Natiko really felt like fucking around and telling me privately it was real for no reason then he did have to stick by it.

Sorian

Banned
So you did perform an action on night 1 Sorian? How does this relate to AbsolutBro's claim of 'nothing'?

Unsure, at first I thought he was a weak cop that only died if he targeted scum so I was ready to accept a pseudo green check but then he didn't want to report further results so that was automatically out. Only thing I can think of is watcher then and I just wasn't targeted N1. There could be any number of weird investigative roles that give nothing though or he was just trying to subtly say he was role blocked, no clue.

Timeaisis

So what happens if Robin is lynched instead of dying at the hands of the Joker? You just insta-lose? Or then you have you have to survive to 5?

Flame_AC

So a fact that I was not so subtly pushing, obviously Natiko and I have the exact same win con. Kill Robin or if that becomes impossible for any reason, one of us needs to live until final 5. Not until game end, specifically until final 5 or less.

So what happens if Robin is lynched instead of dying at the hands of the Joker? You just insta-lose? Or then you have you have to survive to 5?

See Sorian's above, if its to be believed of course.

Sorian

Banned

Kill Robin or if that becomes impossible for any reason, one of us needs to live until final 5. Not until game end, specifically until final 5 or less.

I did forget to say that we were a faction, him being dead does not stop him from winning.

Faddy

Banned
The first one is boring anyway and barely tells you anything (well second one, this is N2's result). CCS is telling the truth as two face, that's why neither of us cared a ton about his claim. The only thing that personally confused me is I just assumed he himself was a double voter and somehow there would be two double votes running around, I didn't think he was just gifting it and had nothing for himself.

Ok let's get to scum hunting.

If Time is scum he has went for a really long set up, pushing that he could prove he is town overnight and really now you say you don't have a check I am inclined to believe him. When did he first claim he could use his ability to clear himself?

Sorian,

You have been so gung-ho to kill time, is that mainly because you don't want a thunderdome tomorrow or because you think he is scum and stalling? Because your posts seem to indicate that.

Just want to know conclusively. I'll vote somewhere else and hope you respond.

vote: verelios

Sorian

Banned
Ok let's get to scum hunting.

If Time is scum he has went for a really long set up, pushing that he could prove he is town overnight and really now you say you don't have a check I am inclined to believe him. When did he first claim he could use his ability to clear himself?

Day 2 I think, under the slightest hint of pressure. Doesn't really read like big set up, reads more like "say something now and think of something ridiculous later"

Sorian,

You have been so gung-ho to kill time, is that mainly because you don't want a thunderdome tomorrow or because you think he is scum and stalling? Because your posts seem to indicate that.

Just want to know conclusively. I'll vote somewhere else and hope you respond.

vote: verelios

I never really cared about the thunderdome. The "only 4 people can vote" version was slightly more troubling but even that didn't seem like a big deal. It has nothing to do with the power that's claimed, I just think he's scum stalling for a night.

Verelios

Huh...so we're actually not 100% on Time even when Joker claimed. Then what would it take to give us that other check Sorian?

acohrs

Wow, well I read Sorian and Natiko wrong the entire game...

Why shoot the offwagon night 1?

Sorian

Banned
Huh...so we're actually not 100% on Time even when Joker claimed. Then what would it take to give us that other check Sorian?

I'll likely give it before day end. I just want to see where people start voting first and I'm waiting for all initial reactions.

Wow, well I read Sorian and Natiko wrong the entire game...

Why shoot the offwagon night 1?

To thin the field a bit, hitting Robin was always a pipe dream at best so I figured I'd get town off of tunneling the same people for multiple days in a row and just take care of a loose end from day 1, maybe I luck out and it's scum, but if not at least people scum hunt elsewhere which might help me see who I need to shoot.

CCS

Banned
Yep, that all sounds pretty believable.

I actually have been slightly less convinced of Verelios as town since giving him the Doublevote, not enough to vote for him though.

Faddy

Banned
Yep, that all sounds pretty believable.

I actually have been slightly less convinced of Verelios as town since giving him the Doublevote, not enough to vote for him though.

I like Verelios and Zipped as my top 2 scum choices.

Sorian why do you town read Vere, was that a genuine read?

Fat4all

Banned
Be real with me here, Sorian. How convinced are you that I'm Robin? Enough to try and kill me tonight?

I doubt you'll be getting lynched today, so I need to know for sure.

Sorian

Banned
I like Verelios and Zipped as my top 2 scum choices.

Sorian why do you town read Vere, was that a genuine read?

For the most part yes, I purposely used the same reasoning for him that I used for Natiko so that there would be consistency but he hasn't done anything that I really scum read and when asked for top 4 town, he popped up almost immediately in my head.

Be real with me here, Sorian. How convinced are you that I'm Robin? Enough to try and kill me tonight?

I doubt you'll be getting lynched today, so I need to know for sure.

I'm not convinced at all that you are Robin. I have no way of knowing. I do scum read you though and unlike Time who I'm willing to gamble on lynching because I'm worried he is a roleblocker, you I can actually shoot at night.

Nudull

Banned
May as well add to the pile.

Vote: Timeaisis

If it's true that Fat4all may be Robin (which is fairly arguable), then it'd be good to leave him for Joker. Plus, there's that speculated role of Time's, as Sorian pointed out.

Only thing I can think of is watcher then and I just wasn't targeted N1.

winner winner, chicken dinner

I am Edward Nigma, a.k.a. the Riddler. How that translates into watcher I have no clue. Here we are nonetheless.

N1 - Sorian; No one targeted my target
N2 - Nudull; Target targeted themself, which is why I believe his doctor claim AND that he is town. I couldn't think of a scum role that gained anything by targeting themself that night.
N3 - Fat4all; No one targeted my target

Honestly, it's very unlikely my role will yield much information. I have to get lucky that I pick someone that is targeted AND all I know is that they were targeted. The only way my power returns something definitive is if scum kills the person I pick AND they are the only person to do so. At worst, they have a stealth kill and I get some other random town player killed.

Also apparently Verelios, I totally thought you were Joker because of a random post defending Natiko pretty vehemently. Clearly, I am awesome at this game.

Timeaisis

May as well add to the pile.

Vote: Timeaisis

If it's true that Fat4all may be Robin (which is fairly arguable), then it'd be good to leave him for Joker. Plus, there's that speculated role of Time's, as Sorian pointed out.

Lol you'd rather lynch a potential confirmed town than a neutral that has confirmed he is going to continue killing people? This is just the weirdest game.

acohrs

winner winner, chicken dinner

I am Edward Nigma, a.k.a. the Riddler. How that translates into watcher I have no clue. Here we are nonetheless.

N1 - Sorian; No one targeted my target
N2 - Nudull; Target targeted themself, which is why I believe his doctor claim AND that he is town. I couldn't think of a scum role that gained anything by targeting themself that night.
N3 - Fat4all; No one targeted my target

Honestly, it's very unlikely my role will yield much information. I have to get lucky that I pick someone that is targeted AND all I know is that they were targeted. The only way my power returns something definitive is if scum kills the person I pick AND they are the only person to do so. At worst, they have a stealth kill and I get some other random town player killed.

Also apparently Verelios, I totally thought you were Joker because of a random post defending Natiko pretty vehemently. Clearly, I am awesome at this game.

hm, looks like that corroborates Nudull's doctor claim

unvote

Fat4all

Banned
There's no point in me not claiming if im just going to get shot at night by Sorian.

Im Anarky.
Im Town.

My ability is a one-shot Override that I can use during the day by typing ILikeToWatchTheWorldBurn and my target for lynching into the thread.

I'll use it today to prove this.

Top Bottom