• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Arkham Asylum Sequel Announced

Plasma

Banned
Can't wait for this, I hope they don't turn it into an open world game moving it into Gotham, I think it would work if they section off areas though.

Hoping for Alfred, Two Face, Penguin and Catwoman in this one.

Any bets on when its coming out?

nskinnear said:
Website is working now.
http://arkhamhasmoved.com/

f5cf0i.jpg

Holy shit! Just noticed! It's two-face!!!!!!!!!!!

webrunner

fistfulofmetal said:
well the game was set at Arkham Asylum. Where... you know... all of Batman's villains usually reside.

Some of them end up in Blackgate, although Arkham Asylum seemed to indicate that ones such as Penguin were in Arkham (when he's not often shown to be actually insane, more of a themed mob boss)

legend166

Arkham Asylum was awesome, hopefully the seemingly shorter development time doesn't ruin the chances for another great game.

TheFallen

I don't mind that this one was announced so quickly, remember Batman: AA was pretty much done months before release and they pushed it back to polish it? This is one franchise that doesn't need many changes. The environment alone will change the game drastically.

Also, the Two Face poster is awesome.

V_Ben

Banned
Fraull said:
look at the picture...Face is torn off, suit is slightly different on both sides, one hand is bloody, one isnt. Use your eyes :p

fuck! i did NOT see that! cheers for the heads up :lol

demolitio

It'd be awesome to have some Splinter Cell style multiplayer with Batman. Yes, I know. They should use their time and resources to make another awesome singleplayer experience, but that still doesn't change the fact that it'd be awesome to have multiplayer rival that of Chaos Theory's. :D

YES!!! Very excited by that teaser, Arkham Asylum was my favorite game this year... well, maybe tied with Demon's Souls. And I see from the website that Two-Face WILL be involved, excellent. Hopefully they find a way to get more of Gotham's infamous involved.

jett

D-Member
I'm surprised it was announced so early, I really hope they take their time with it and not rush it for fall 2010.

V_Ben

Banned
jett said:
I'm surprised it was announced so early, I really hope they take their time with it and not rush it for fall 2010.

they probably started working on it as soon as the first one was finished :lol

Tobor

demolitio said:
It'd be awesome to have some Splinter Cell style multiplayer with Batman. Yes, I know. They should use their time and resources to make another awesome singleplayer experience, but that still doesn't change the fact that it'd be awesome to have multiplayer rival that of Chaos Theory's. :D
Every new game announcement. Arggghhhhhh.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Still playing my way through the first, by the time i get to the end the sequal should be out :lol . It really is one of my biggest surprises for this year, such a great game.

Amir0x said:
And dont fucking show me Croc motherfuckers if you ain't gonna let me fucking punch him in the goddamn face in an epic i'm the fucking batman shit

Spot on. Even when taking into account most of the boss fights weren't that great, it was a shame to have not been able to go toe-to-toe with such a bad ass looking thing. From the moment it stepped out of the elevator, I wanted to fuck it up. And as if that wasn't enough of a let down: Croc's Lair. Jesus. But it's testament to the quality of the game that it has these annoying niggles, yet for me it's my GotY.

Plasma said:
Can't wait for this, I hope they don't turn it into an open world game moving it into Gotham, I think it would work if they section off areas though.

Hoping for Alfred, Two Face, Penguin and Catwoman in this one.

Any bets on when its coming out?
Open world would be cool but there wouldn't be the insane amount of detail as the first game. Gotham would work if it was a hub area of sorts kind of like the Banjo Kazooie games, except the levels themselves are much detailed and such.

They need to make the world much bigger if it's in Gotham City, but they can't lose the great level design of the first game. I'm interested in what they do.

Hopefully it's not a formulaic sequel

witness

So surprised we got a new trailer for the sequel already. So WB will be publishing this title now, did WB buy Rocksteady? Was Eidos's deal with them was for just one title?

Ridley327

I mentioned this elsewhere, but I really hope that they got Richard Moll to reprise his role as Two Face in this game. His interpretation of the character in the Diniverse was flawless.

Linkified

Good AA was great, hope theres more varied villains with there own shtick like Riddler's riddles. Also hope its just Batman - they have Oracle which is all Batman needs.

RagnarokX

webrunner said:
Some of them end up in Blackgate, although Arkham Asylum seemed to indicate that ones such as Penguin were in Arkham (when he's not often shown to be actually insane, more of a themed mob boss)
They never showed a Penguin cell. There was a poster for Penguin's night club and a trophy case with Penguin's umbrellas, but nothing to indicate that he was a patient. Same with Catwoman. The Penguin and Catwoman items were in the mansion; warden probably just likes to collect criminal stuff.

Considering the Two-Face Uncle Sam poster, perhaps the game is a take on this comic story: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/No_Man's_Land_(comics)

Weenerz

Banned
For the people bitching because it's too soon, they just made an announcement saying its in development, it's not like the game comes out next week.

Dabanton

demolitio said:

I would rather they fully focused on making another superb single player game.

Kard8p3

Do sites for specific video games usually link you to a different site to watch it's trailer? It doesn't even seem to be up yet at GT anyway.

I'm so glad this has been confirmed, and with Two Face apparently featuring prominently. Arkham Asylum was the Game of the Year for this year, and I have complete faith in Rocksteady to turn out another excellent game.

I'm surprised people are expecting (or wanting) the sequel to be open world

Rocksteady has said before their biggest influences for the game were Metroid and Zelda. Prime 2 didn't suddenly become open world.

stupei

So hyped. Will not let GAF bitching bring me down, this is going to rock. I'll admit my first thought was I hope it's not a rush job, but the care put into the first game really has me convinced Rocksteady will take the time they need instead of shoving it out the door. Dini better be on board again, though.

Also all the begging for multiplayer on GAF is starting to be as annoying as people who beg for a release on another platform.

stupei said:
So hyped. Will not let GAF bitching bring me down, this is going to rock. I'll admit my first thought was I hope it's not a rush job, but the care put into the first game really has me convinced Rocksteady will take the time they need instead of shoving it out the door. Dini better be on board again, though.

Also all the begging for multiplayer on GAF is starting to be as annoying as people who beg for a release on another platform.
From his twitter feed - http://twitter.com/Paul_Dini/status/6617927346
Oh, well. On to Arkham 2!

Gouty

Bloodborne is shit
Please speed up the animation to opening up air-ducts with your hands and feet.

Will buy.

Thank you.

jett

D-Member
It'd also be nice if they altered their art design a bit so it doesn't look like all the characters are addicted to steroids. :p

Top Bottom