• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Arkham Asylum Sequel Announced

charsace

Larson Conway said:
I haven't even played AA yet. :(
Do yourself a favor and get it as soon as possible. One of the best games this year would probably be the best stealth game ever if Assassin's Creed 2 didn't exist.

BeeDog

charsace said:
Do yourself a favor and get it as soon as possible. One of the best games this year would probably be the best stealth game ever if Assassin's Creed 2 didn't exist.

Assassin's Creed 2... stealth?

KingGondo

Banned
My reaction.
tiger_pumped.gif

Amir0x

Banned
Really my biggest thing for this latest Batman is better boss fights. And dont fucking show me Croc motherfuckers if you ain't gonna let me fucking punch him in the goddamn face in an epic i'm the fucking batman shit

none of that repeating titan battles bullshit

dralla

1. fix the boss fights. they were god awful in AA.
2. new villan. I know people really like the Joker, but I'd rather someone else.

RagnarokX

Amir0x said:
Really my biggest thing for this latest Batman is better boss fights. And dont fucking show me Croc motherfuckers if you ain't gonna let me fucking punch him in the goddamn face in an epic i'm the fucking batman shit

none of that repeating titan battles bullshit
Mr. Freeze, Clayface, and Firefly would add some nice variety. If they use Mr. Freeze I hope they use the tragic villain version... but not schwarzenegger type.

Amir0x

Banned
RagnarokX said:
Mr. Freeze, Clayface, and Firefly would add some nice variety. If they use Mr. Freeze I hope they use the tragic villain version... but not schwarzenegger type.

Yeah, there's a host of villains prime for fucking up.

This time also if they do more Riddler shit (undoubtedly they will), I hope they provide more context and interaction with the ACTUAL Riddler and that there's a better payoff when you solve his bullshit.

Zek

Contempt For Challenge
A sequel is fine but why Joker again? I think I've seen his face quite enough for a while after playing AA.

RagnarokX

Amir0x said:
Yeah, there's a host of villains prime for fucking up.

This time also if they do more Riddler shit (undoubtedly they will), I hope they provide more context and interaction with the ACTUAL Riddler and that there's a better payoff when you solve his bullshit.
Well, he's not much of a fighter. But actually seeing him would be nice. Maybe have a section of the game towards the end or optional where you have to track him down before he kills a bunch of people.

Clayface could pretend to be other characters and lure you into traps and stuff before you fight him. All kinds of possibilities.

I wouldn't mind if the Batwing was used as a mode of quick transit between areas, maybe even have some air enemies like Man Bat and Firefly up there.

Dahbomb

Awesome game gets sequel. JUSTICE IS SERVED.

Now that we got the initial knee-jerk reaction out of the way, it's time we get down to what should be put in the game or changed to make the sequel grander.

*Like mentioned before, fix the god damn boss fights.

*Make the combat better, it's way too simplistic. I don't mean that it should be overly complex, they need to add more variety to it. The most variety you can do in this game is 9x... that is just sad.

*I hope it's in Gotham and I hope to see Two Face and the other crazy villains in here. PLEASE NO REPEATED BOSS FIGHTS...
fuck having to fight scarecrow 3 times which wasn't even a real boss fight.

*More RPG elements would be nice and more choice over what aspect we can upgrade of Batman rather than following the linear upgrade structure that was in AA (yawn).

*Spice up the Riddler challenges, more interactivity with the Riddler himself.

*LET ME FUCKING DRIVE THE BAT MOBILE AND THE BAT JET.

*Batman has a stiff neck and he looks weird when running. Fix that shit.

*More enemy types would be nice.

*More gadgets of course.

*More of those awesome flashbacks like we saw
before those Scarecrow battles
. That shit owned!

ethelred said:
Er, Paul Dini is a great writer. And his contributions were one of the things that made the first game so good.
The story was fairly mediocre and forgettable, while the dialog was good. The whole Titan thing was lame, as was the set up for the last fight.

Cool. I can't wait.

Only thing I ask is that they fix the animation. When you punch an enemy in his stomach to finish him and he kinda half ass ragdoll grabs his head in pain...it really ruins a great looking ass whooping.

The teaser was amazing.

GQman2121

Banned
They could honestly just drop the same fighting engine in a Gotham setting and I would be totally fine with that. I just want more.......

epmode

SuperSonic1305 said:
I thought Hamill said he would never do Joker again.
Good thing he lied.

Still seems like this is being announced too soon but I guess everyone wants to Activision the hell out of their IPs.

I AM JOHN! said:
To be honest, I just felt like everything was too convenient beyond the point of believability. I certainly wouldn't call it bad, but it came across as a story was subservient to shoe-horning in all the villains and setpieces, not the other way around. Didn't make the game any less awesome, though.

well the game was set at Arkham Asylum. Where... you know... all of Batman's villains usually reside.

Top Bottom