• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ARMS |OT| (’-‘)-------------

MGrant

How the fuck does one aim the Blorb straight in close range? I love the speed of the thing, it just always seems to go off-center from where I want it to go and miss at nearly any range.

No Love

Banned
Cant wait to play some more tonight after being away for almost a week. Sad to see the thread dying down, had to come to the third page to find it! When is the switch to Community?

I think the thread will be more long term, and you also gotta remember a lot of potential players can't even get a hold of a Switch yet.

Ogodei

Min Min was the roughest time i've had going through GP4, she's definitely not a good fit, though i feel like if i got that electric boxing glove or the Revolver, i could make her work overtime.

Mechanica had an easier time of it. It was similar to my Master Mummy run (hardest times where with the heavyweights, Master Mummy and Hedlok, while i struggled with Mechanica and Hedlok as Master Mummy), except that Master Mummy struggled with Ninjara, while Mechanica's problem was Ribbon Girl instead (though it could've been because i was playing her too cautiously in that fight).

I think the thread will be more long term, and you also gotta remember a lot of potential players can't even get a hold of a Switch yet.

A lot of the day-to-day chatter of setting up matches or running tests and crunching numbers has also moved to Discord. Things are slowing down there as well, but there's still a fair bit of discussion ongoing. The OT is more readable this way (and I prefer it), but also less frequently bumped.

I'm still playing this game daily, or close to it, but it's just the usual combination of GP and Ranked and there isn't much to say about it. I'm definitely warming to Party Mode as a cool-down test mode to try new loadouts, though, just like Turf War in Splatoon. (Even if 2v2 is still a crapshoot.)

Seik

Banned
Played a good while online tonight. Went from Rank 6 to mid-8.

I also started customising my ARMS for Twintelle, not much though, just switch the Parasol for the Ram Ram, Thunderbird and Chilla are great so far with me.

What's the highest rank btw?

Maengun1

I've heard some people swear by the bird arms, but they're easily my least favorites to use. More often than not I can't get them to connect at all, and even when they hit they just feel....off to me. Not satisfying.

I've been sticking with Kid Cobra for the most part, and I feel like I should be experimenting with all the different arms, but honestly slamamander and coolerang has just clicked with me.

Also loved the end credits some really good music.

Although I'm still wished there was a deeper storymode, but I could see them add some through the dlc or through the sequel.

Really fun playing this in short bursts.

God damn it feels good to see a noticeable improvement in your game. I'm able to see and capitalize on my opponents mistakes much better now.

NotLiquid

The ARMS Dashboard is now live in Japan. It features the top ranked ARMS players of June.
https://www.nintendo.co.jp/switch/aabqa/dashboard/index.html

Top 5:

ADQ3dAN.png

LordKano

The game plays surprisingly well with a single joy-con. I thought I'd never play it that way, but it's actually decent for casual fights with my little brother. Especially in tag team battle.

OryoN

The game plays surprisingly well with a single joy-con. I thought I'd never play it that way, but it's actually decent for casual fights with my little brother. Especially in tag team battle.

I tried it out a couple days ago and, I too, was pleasantly surprised! They were very responsive and quite comfortable(played with strap attached).

Funny thing is, I never played online up until that point, but the moment I decided to try that mode of play, I accidentally entered an online match. The other player didn't go easy on me despite my many pleads, which of course, went unanswered(where that voice-chat Nintendo?)

"Dude chill, I've only got a single Joy-con!"
"I came here by accident!"
"I'm still in training, they told you right?"
"Why aren't you listenin?!"
"Shoot, can I exit this match without a penalty?"
"Why you sooo determined to perfect me, bruh?"
"You just gonna go nuts like we in a tournament?
"Ok fine! I'm not going out like a punk. LET'S GO!"
"Wft! It's... all over?

*logs off immediately*

Biske

When does he get released?

Hopefully it means every character will get access to the fire hammer and grenade hands.

B00TE

When does he get released?

Hopefully it means every character will get access to the fire hammer and grenade hands.

I just want that ARM with the purple flames. It's totally not Psycho Power! Can't wait to play him, I love loud boisterous characters
especially when I play drunk

RRockman

Banned
Lé Blade Runner;242328447 said:
Interesting... No obviously OP combo of ARMS. Lots of "regular gloves". I like it.

I'm really surprised No one uses any Ice/lighting combos. it's really scary because the effects stack, so you could go ice in to charge eletric to disable ARMS and then combo into grab if you are fast enough, or even just grab when you condition your opponent to look for the elect punch after the ice hit.

Inject Venom into Spring Man and you'll get Max Brass.

Indeed. He seems to make Spring Man redundant. I hope that he's a little slower to compensate for all of the extra stuff he gets.

I'm really surprised No one uses any Ice/lighting combos. it's really scary because the effects stack, so you could go ice in to charge eletric to disable ARMS and then combo into grab if you are fast enough, or even just grab when you condition your opponent to look for the elect punch after the ice hit.

Indeed. He seems to make Spring Man redundant. I hope that he's a little slower to compensate for all of the extra stuff he gets.

From what I see Max Brass has a weakness. A really noticeable one.

When he tries to buff up he's open so you can get a direct hit. Plus I assume he's slow as well.

Biske

I can't tell if my internet is suddenly shit and lag is a huge factor, or if everyone has discovered some kind of "hit boxes don't exist" strategy.

Fucking sucks.

Ogodei

From what I see Max Brass has a weakness. A really noticeable one.

When he tries to buff up he's open so you can get a direct hit. Plus I assume he's slow as well.

His default arms loadout also means if you "clip" his charged arms they explode and he takes damage, so he effectively has a larger hitbox when charged, and seems to auto-charge when he gets into critical health, like Spring Man? So unlike Spring Man being at an advantage in red health, he gets a double-edged sword.

His default arms loadout also means if you "clip" his charged arms they explode and he takes damage, so he effectively has a larger hitbox when charged, and seems to auto-charge when he gets into critical health, like Spring Man? So unlike Spring Man being at an advantage in red health, he gets a double-edged sword.

...unless he isn't using the Nade or Blammer, that is.

jettpack

I played a bunch of arms last night with some friends.... It was a blast. Super fun. Really really enjoyed it. It also looks so good. Amazing materials work and great character design. I would love a super robust single players tho

llehuty

Can you do 4 player then? (Tag team)

Yeah, just did 4 player single joycon today, it was good. Only I knew how to play, but it wasn't really a problem. You can access to the controls screen at any moment from the pause menu, and people quickly get the feel of the game. Game organically blanced when the other team decided to focus on me so I didn't get time to breath. Really close matches in the end.

I think it works better with the single joycons in a casual environment, while motion controls are intuitive for the punches, movement takes a while getting used to. On the other hand, pro controller has too many unnecesary buttons for the game.

heringer

I can't for the life of me beat Byte and Barq at level 6. It's impossible, I can't barely hit him. Could someone try it on the Spring Man stage and give me some tips? I swear the PC is reading my inputs.

I can't for the life of me beat Byte and Barq at level 6. It's impossible, I can't barely hit him. Could someone try it on the Spring Man stage and give me some tips? I swear the PC is reading my inputs.

I mean try punching him when he lands on the ground right after he jumps on barq. That should give you a good opening.

Ogodei

Holy shit Party Mode is amazing. Did pretty well with Byte and Barq and poorly with Master Mummy. Shows the difference between human and CPU (where the opposite tends to be true, better with MM and worse with BB)

BigBeauford

Been playing this a lot with friends. I only play with motion controls when with friends, and man can it wear you out when it gets frantic. This got me thinking: they should include a fitness mode with this game!

Top Bottom