• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Arrow S5 |OT| You thought you were out, but Manu Bennett pulls you back in.

Nabs

Arrow promotes Rick Gonzalez, Juliana Harkavy to series regulars

http://ew.com/tv/2017/04/13/arrow-rick-gonzalez-juliana-harkavy-season-6-promoted/

The new Team Arrow is sticking around.

Arrow has promoted both Rick Gonzalez and Juliana Harkavy to series regular for season 6, EW has learned.

Gonzalez (Mr. Robot), who joined the CW super series in the season 5 premiere, plays Rene Ramirez, otherwise known as the hockey mask-wearing vigilante Wild Dog.

Harkavy (The Walking Dead), meanwhile, joined Arrow in the 10th episode of this season. Initially named Tina Boland, the character was revealed to be Dinah Drake, a.k.a. the original Black Canary of the comics. Dinah has slowly been stepping into the role of the Black Canary left vacant since Laurel's (Katie Cassidy) death.

The news comes on the heels of the reveal that Cassidy will also return to the Arrowverse as a series regular next season, this time as the Black Siren.

Fuck yeah Wild Dog

9K2hVqC.gif

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Damn, from being dead at the mid-season to being a series regular.

Things are looking good for Wild Dog.

Sober

Good to hear the best new additions are sticking around.

Sucks for Ragman, kinda hope he comes back around even for one more episode.

morningbus

Great news to see both of them back next year. I'm interested in seeing what they will do next year.

Yeah, with Dinah sticking around, I could see Black Siren being used as an early threat like Tobias Church now instead of a purely redemptive​ arc.

GulAtiCa

Yeah, with Dinah sticking around, I could see Black Siren being used as an early threat like Tobias Church now instead of a purely redemptive​ arc.

I could see something like that, though she's a series regular too. So I don't exactly see Black Siren being put down like Church was.

Like I said before, I want to see her become a "Spike" character, a character that is on the evil side, but most often begrudgingly helps out the good guys (while usually being evil/etc)

Realeza

Banned
Would like to see Curtis wind up on Legends TBH

They have the technology of the waverider and time travelling. Curtis doesn't have anything meaningful to contribute to the team. Ragman would be good in Legends tho!

Also awesome to hear that Wild Dog will be staying. Dude has been a great addition to the cast.

All the other recent news has been exciting, but it pales in comparison to the fact that Wild Dog is now a series regular.

Change the damn name of the show to Wild Dog already.

morningbus

Wild Dog was also in enough of this season to practically already be a regular anyway.

Did you all know Rick Gonzalez was in Old School without looking at his IMDB?!

I didn't. Watched Old School last night and was like WIIIIIIILD DOOOOOOOOG

ZeroX03

Banned
I'm glad multiple people beat me to the "Now that's what I'm talking about".

Super excited. Love Wild Dog. Gonna need some more time with the new Canary but she's not offensive in any way. If it comes out that they were planning to kill Wild Dog until Rick Gonzalez killed it I would not be surprised.

Wild Dog was also in enough of this season to practically already be a regular anyway.

He's been in more episodes than like half the series regulars.

Speaking of which, three new series regulars? Josh Segarra obviously isn't coming back next year, and Thea and Chesthair won't be getting full episode counts if they even remain regulars. Getting actors is pricy. The producers seems to have a very good relationship with the actors so they'll keep them recurring and treat them right I'm sure.

Also Manu is still pretending on Twitter he's not coming back to Arrow. It's very cute.

I'm glad multiple people beat me to the "Now that's what I'm talking about".

Super excited. Love Wild Dog. Gonna need some more time with the new Canary but she's not offensive in any way. If it comes out that they were planning to kill Wild Dog until Rick Gonzalez killed it I would not be surprised.

He's been in more episodes than like half the series regulars.

Speaking of which, three new series regulars? Josh Segarra obviously isn't coming back next year, and Thea and Chesthair won't be getting full episode counts if they even remain regulars. Getting actors is pricy. The producers seems to have a very good relationship with the actors so they'll keep them recurring and treat them right I'm sure.

Also Manu is still pretending on Twitter he's not coming back to Arrow. It's very cute.

He's committed to the bit, 300%

Top Bottom