• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Arrow S5 |OT| You thought you were out, but Manu Bennett pulls you back in.

Ugh, nothing would be worse than a hacker for a big bad. The 'fight' scenes would be two people smashing away on keyboards.

A hacker\tech group for a big bad would be interesting even if just for a few eps .
Think of all the tech they have in the arrowverse and they can just hired mercenaries .
Hell look how easy they kill someone this ep and they already have team arrow info .

ZeroX03

Banned
Maybe they'll do mini-arcs next season and have Vigilante for a few episodes and HIVE for another few. I don't see either of them carrying a whole year, but a month or so would work.

I miss Vigilante.

Mario007

Maybe they'll do mini-arcs next season and have Vigilante for a few episodes and HIVE for another few. I don't see either of them carrying a whole year, but a month or so would work.

I miss Vigilante.
Well we have:
Vigilante
Helix
Black Siren

Either they're gonna be doing some teamups or we'll get Tobias Church like arcs.

ZeroX03

Banned
Here's the synopsis for #5.22 "Missing". It sounds good!
BLACK SIREN RETURNS - Black Siren (guest star Katie Cassidy) returns to help Chase (Josh Segarra). Felicity (Emily Bett Rickards) organizes a birthday party for Oliver (Stephen Amell) while Lance (Paul Blackthorne) is furious after Rene (Rick Gonzalez) misses the custody hearing for his daughter. Mairzee Almas directed the episode written by Speed Weed & Oscar Balderrama (#522)

If you're wondering how
Black Siren is free, it's likely to do with how Chase's prosecutions are invalidated in the previous episode.

Joni

I miss Vigilante.

I think that would be the best idea. They could even flow the arcs through each other, a couple of episodes where Vigilante returns now that Prometheus is gone mixed with a couple of episodes where Helix is setting up something big. Alternatively, Cayden James could be an alias for someone more important that could pose an actual threat but even then I'd prefer some smaller arcs to start the season, and then have the reveal who the big bad behind it all is somewhere in 15 after hinting to his existence in 9.

Xenoboy

Here's the synopsis for #5.22 "Missing". It sounds good!

If you're wondering how
Black Siren is free, it's likely to do with how Chase's prosecutions are invalidated in the previous episode.

Then they should put her in central city since they have evidence of her being there and collapsing mercury labs

Why have they not shown us James´s face? Some kind of thing there. Also it seems like they gave info to Chase.
Chase is just too damn good.

It seems fairly obvious to me. They want him to be a recurring character next year but haven't cast him yet. I doubt we'll see him in person this season.

Could be wrong though.

The problem is that this Kaden James being the best means absolutely nothing to us because we've already seen five seasons of Felicity—who apparently isn't the best now—be able to literally do magic and solve every problem with "hacking." And you know in the end, when the hacking battle commences, he won't end up being the best after all. That's (partially) why Calculator was so stupid and why it's hard to believe that Felicity ever needs Curtis' or Helix's help without some massive nerfing of her skill from out of nowhere.

Kaden James is the Savitar of hacking.

Felicity reprimanding Oliver for not trusting her plain after she didn't trust Oliver a few episodes ago and went behind his back.

Writers just running outta shit to write for drama.

Joni

That latter could be interesting. They could tie it back into that one meta from Arrow that wasn't in Central City when the explosion happened.

DieH@rd

Banned
My work schedule did not permit me to see last several episods of arrowverse shows, so I binge watched ep15-19 in the last two days.... and.... why does this thread has Manu Bennet name in the title?

ZeroX03

Banned
Is that also true for Ragman's actor? I miss Ragman.

Nah not true for Ragman. He was just OP, needed a break and it's not like the actor was locked down anyway.

Willa was on a 13 episode contract this year and Colton's stint was always intended to only be two years.

By the way, two small interviews with Mericle. They haven't forgotten about Ragman. And a certain epic, ex-big bad will have a major role in the finale:
Merlyn ofc!
Oh I just found a third one too!

MartyStu

Ah Ragman, perfect example of how a character that can take a break, disappear, etc. without having to die just because people don't like him. (Take notes Felicity and Curtis haters)

So I largely skipped the seasons 3 and 4, but the depth of peoples' dislike of Felicity still startles me. Reminds me of the way people felt about Laurel in season 1.

I did not get that then, and I do not get it now. Felicity is largely really great. Honestly, pre-Season 5 Oliver and Roy annoyed me with more consistency.

ZeroX03

Banned
Ah Ragman, perfect example of how a character that can take a break, disappear, etc. without having to die just because people don't like him. (Take notes Felicity and Curtis haters)

Ragman isn't hated what is this nonsense.

He's second best next to Wild God.

LotusHD

Banned
Ragman isn't hated what is this nonsense.

He's second best next to Wild God.

Ooh, I could've phrased that better, but I meant that here is an example of a character leaving, as that is something you should want (most) characters to do rather than just wanting them to be killed off just because you don't like them. I wasn't trying to say that he in particular is a widely disliked character.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Ragman is a white guy, of course the fanbase isn't going to want to behead him and then dip his body parts in acid.

Honestly, I have a staunch dislike for Curtis because Mr. Terrific in the comics (Pre-Nu52) was one of my favorite black heroes.

And Curtis is a FAR, FAR cry from Michael Holt.

But I've kinda gotten over it.

MartyStu

Honestly, I have a staunch dislike for Curtis because Mr. Terrific in the comics (Pre-Nu52) was one of my favorite black heroes.

And Curtis is a FAR, FAR cry from Michael Holt.

But I've kinda gotten over it.

Same. Mister Terrific is an amazing character. I actually wanted him to eventually start something with Kara. At least I did until we found out more about him. He is SOOOOOO lame.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that

Sölf

Okay episode, definitly the worst of the season, but by far not as bad as some previous ones. I liked the ending though and the preview for next week looks reaaally good!

Top Bottom