• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ARROW Season 2 |OT| Back in a Flash

Status
Not open for further replies.

Magwik

Banned
Lmao, this terrible CW staple needs to die.

WSso4XC.gif

Seriously? I was wondering why it wasn't up on netflix yet even though multiple sites said Sep. 14th...
It was delayed:
Variety said:
Disc sales are trumping marketing-by-binge-streaming when it comes to the CW’s “Arrow.”

The second season of the superhero show won’t start streaming on Netflix until Oct. 8, the same day as its third season debut. Just last month, Netflix had included the show on a list of new TV shows and movies that would start streaming on the service on Sept. 14.

Updated: Netflix erroneously provided Sept. 14 as the date for when the second season of “Arrow” would become available, and Oct. 8 always was the intended date, Variety has confirmed. Netflix is still making the DVD for “Arrow’s” second season available to rent on DVD by mail.

In the past, networks have benefitted from ratings bumps as viewers binge watched past seasons of shows to catch up with storylines.

Warner Home Video, however, has money to make with “Arrow’s” second season debuting on DVD, Blu-ray and all digital platforms Sept. 16.

And the homevideo release is packed with extra features that the studio and the CW hope will entice fans and series newcomers to open their wallets.

If you think Arrow over did it was with the "staring at a distance" thing and did have Tommy do it twice in three episodes but Arrow has got nothing on Star-Crossed which in its short run seemed like they did it every other episode (and some back to back) with a good bit of creeper factor thrown in.

The idea that he wasn't always on the island was always a possibility, at least in my eyes. How the hell would he get a Bratva tattoo on the island?

Well he did admit to Diggle in season one that he wasn't always on the island when asked about that connection, I imagine he'll also make his way to Russia at some point.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
Soundtrack is out as I'm sure has already been reported

The Scientist in good quality
SQ6cEFC.gif

Ok, now I'm pissed off. That is one AMAZING track, largely different from most of the typically bombastic Arrow bits. Which are fine and suit the show quite well, but if the rest of the soundtrack is at a similar level of quality, somebody is fucking up by not giving it the prominence it deserves.

Reminds me a bit of AoS, which has an incredible soundtrack largely wasted on a show that mutes nearly all of its music with crummy sound effects and voice work. BearMcG deserves better.

Ok, now I'm pissed off. That is one AMAZING track, largely different from most of the typically bombastic Arrow bits. Which are fine and suit the show quite well, but if the rest of the soundtrack is at a similar level of quality, somebody is fucking up by not giving it the protagonism it deserves.

Reminds me a bit of AoS, which has an incredible soundtrack largely wasted on a show that mutes nearly all of its music with crummy sound effects and voice work. BearMcG deserves better.

Portagonism?

Haven't been following the production details of Flash much but I think his head/helmet/whatever looks good. Only promo I saw of him made him look like Jimmy Neutron.

Can't wait to watch these shows on back to back nights. Can't imagine there is going to be much beyond simple nods to each other here and there, beyond the obvious crossover arcs and stuff, but it will be fun.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
Haven't been following the production details of Flash much but I think his head/helmet/whatever looks good. Only promo I saw of him made him look like Jimmy Neutron.

Can't wait to watch these shows on back to back nights. Can't imagine there is going to be much beyond simple nods to each other here and there, beyond the obvious crossover arcs and stuff, but it will be fun.

Well Greg Berlanti said that as the show progresses the suit will be upgraded, and it'll have the typical bright red color.

ReiGun

Well Greg Berlanti said that as the show progresses the suit will be upgraded, and it'll have the typical bright red color.

I wonder if they'll be making any changes to Oliver's suit beyond just the mask. I know his has more significance storywise, but it'd be nice to see some new designs over time.

Wiktor

I wonder if they'll be making any changes to Oliver's suit beyond just the mask. I know his has more significance storywise, but it'd be nice to see some new designs over time.

As long as they don't turn it into ridiculous men in tights costume this character had for most of his career :D

Yeah, the end of the pilot they have an image of him in a version of the suit that's closer to the traditional look
. I do wonder how long it'll be before they make the change.

I think as it is, it's fine. The Mask was the defining thing. I don't really want him running around in a hyper green Robin Hood thing.

Volotaire

Season 3 Episode 8 Crossover title spoiler:

The Brave and the Bold

Source: https://o.twimg.com/2/proxy.jpg?t=H...s=H_wijUS7VbjudnJEWGu7Jr3CvSJSMQ4uOc-iYD_hPzY

EDIT: Season 3 Episode 2 Synopsis
Sara

COLIN DONNELL RETURNS AS TOMMY MERLYN IN A FLASHBACK; MATT WARD GUEST STARS AS SIMON LACROIX, AKA KOMODO — Lance (Paul Blackthorne) calls the Arrow (Stephen Amell) when another archer appears in town and starts skewering businessmen. Diggle (David Ramsey) uses A.R.G.U.S. to find the archer’s identity; he is a man named Simon Lacroix (guest star Matt Ward), who goes by the codename Komodo. However, the team hits a rough patch with the mission and gets help from a surprising source – Laurel (Katie Cassidy). Meanwhile, Oliver begins to worry that he hasn’t heard from Thea (Willa Holland), which forces Roy (Colton Haynes) to tell him the truth about why she left town. Ray Palmer (Brandon Routh) pursues Felicity (Emily Bett Rickards). In the flashback, Maseo (guest star Karl Yune) tells Oliver that Amanda Waller has ordered his first kill. As Oliver looks down the scope of the rifle, he sees the target is his best friend, Tommy (guest star Colin Donnell). Despite her promise to her sister, Laurel debates sharing a secret about Sara (Caity Lotz) with Lance. Wendey Stanzler directed the episode written by Jake Coburn & Keto Shimizu.

The Brave and the Bold

Source: https://o.twimg.com/2/proxy.jpg?t=H...s=H_wijUS7VbjudnJEWGu7Jr3CvSJSMQ4uOc-iYD_hPzY

Sara

COLIN DONNELL RETURNS AS TOMMY MERLYN IN A FLASHBACK; MATT WARD GUEST STARS AS SIMON LACROIX, AKA KOMODO — Lance (Paul Blackthorne) calls the Arrow (Stephen Amell) when another archer appears in town and starts skewering businessmen. Diggle (David Ramsey) uses A.R.G.U.S. to find the archer’s identity; he is a man named Simon Lacroix (guest star Matt Ward), who goes by the codename Komodo. However, the team hits a rough patch with the mission and gets help from a surprising source – Laurel (Katie Cassidy). Meanwhile, Oliver begins to worry that he hasn’t heard from Thea (Willa Holland), which forces Roy (Colton Haynes) to tell him the truth about why she left town. Ray Palmer (Brandon Routh) pursues Felicity (Emily Bett Rickards). In the flashback, Maseo (guest star Karl Yune) tells Oliver that Amanda Waller has ordered his first kill. As Oliver looks down the scope of the rifle, he sees the target is his best friend, Tommy (guest star Colin Donnell). Despite her promise to her sister, Laurel debates sharing a secret about Sara (Caity Lotz) with Lance. Wendey Stanzler directed the episode written by Jake Coburn & Keto Shimizu.

Fantastic title. And the synopsis sounds baller.

Clevinger

I finished the Lemire run of Green Arrow. It was pretty good. The art was by far the best part of it. I didn't like the Outsiders arc as much as I figured I would and it wasn't as epic as those amazing covers made it look.
The clans didn't have much personality or story. They were just one or two waves of baddies Ollie had to fight quickly. I figured each clan would have at least a couple good characters and would present a big trial Ollie had to get through. Nope.
I'm curious how they might do this story in the show. I don't have that much faith in the Arrow writers, but maybe they could improve it.

Also, Comic Diggle is better than TV Diggle. Comic Diggle gets shit done. Doesn't just stand around and give advice or one-liners 75% of the time.

Emiko
was adorable at the end. I want to eventually see some variation of that dynamic with Ollie and Thea.

Richard Dragon would be a nice addition to the show. As long as they don't make him a lame-o like Bronze Tiger.

The Brave and the Bold

Sara

Oh
Tommy is totally coming back to life this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom