• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Arthur Morgan is the greatest video game protagonist of all time.

kyliethicc

ps4 knack GIF

Tiamat2san

I totally agree.
Like you I thought he will generic but I was wrong.
He is the most human character I played in a video game.
His journal is a gold mine.

the time he fell off his horse and after he learn he is dying…I was so sad…first time is felt something for a video game character

Last edited:

Lupin25

That’s quite the contention and an awesome title to bait those into a thread, but “The greatest video protagonist?”

I don’t think it’s even possible to choose just one. Arther IS one of the best and he definitely benefitted from a lengthy, but superb narrative.

Personally, I still believe Dutch was the best portrayed character and most consistent out of all the outlaws.

As for best protagonist I’d nominate Kratos, Lara Croft, Trevor (GTA V), Solid Snake, Big Boss, Mario, Link, and Geralt. They come to mind the most by far.

Last edited:

NightHawk910

Neo Member
I don't know if he is the best but he surely is one of the best protagonists in video game history.
His journey in RDR2 was incredible.

This video about Arthur is amazing: (contains spoilers)

3058593-arthur_portrait.jpg

He is by far my protagonist of the generation if not all time. from his journal, his voice actor's performance, his mannerisms etc. I love him, I remember everyone thought he was going to be some boring generic guy and he turns out to be one of the all time great protagonists. Anyone else fans of good ol Arthur

Really feels like a legit human character, flaws and all....
charlie murphy GIF

MOTM

Banned
Best protagonist followed by John Marston.
Also RDR2 is the GOTG.

We must protect Rockstar at all costs. If aliens came to earth and I had to show them one game that shows what humans are capable of, it would be RDR2.

You know Arthur is good after the 180 from all the lamenting people did about John not being the lead in this.

Last edited:
Top Bottom