• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

As a physical disc collector, digital convenience is hurting me.

Wedzi

Banned
I'll guess I'll post in this thread that I'm one of the few people that loves buying digital for convenience but would love a physical box to put on my shelf. For certain games that is, like I don't need a box for everything but a nice steel book to commemorate a great journey like the Witcher 3, Destiny or Dishonored would be nice. GameStop was selling a separate steel book for Witcher 3 over Black Friday. Should've jumped on it! Like my books on my book shelf I don't read everything on there but it's nice to look up and say wow look at these

And Best Buy + Visa Checkout deal is back on again. $36 release day games or spend an extra $24 to not swap the disc? That's quite the premium charge to not have a disc.

Xbox One DRM 180 was a mistake.
I do agree - I liked what they were suggesting, provided they had been able to flesh out the used game reselling stuff properly.

This would make an interesting topic for a new thread, if the op was carefully written to discuss the *concept* rather than the ham fisted and part-thought-out way in which it was actually announced.

And Best Buy + Visa Checkout deal is back on again. $36 release day games or spend an extra $24 to not swap the disc? That's quite the premium charge to not have a disc.

If you have time to play all those games in a relatively short timeframe, then good for you

I, on the otherhand, don't get a rush of dopamine anymore from buying a bunch of games because they're merely a steal,deal, or whatever, just for them to sit a closet... "it's cool, I'll get around to playing it at some point!"
And then by the time I do, it's already that price if not cheaper digitally anyway.

What I'm trying to say is, I'm REALLY not trying to hoard games anymore. Instead, I'm trying to pace myself and play as few as possible at a time and, you know actually finish them.
I don't want to feel pressured into finishing something like The Witcher 3 anymore because I have the rest of my Visa-Checkout BestBuy backlog to get to :)

CrustyBritches

Gold Member
Forgive my ignorance here but why do people find it a hassle ro put things back where they got them from and/or making sure their kids do? Or keeping games oit of kids reach when not in use?

I never understood this. I had small kids in a hectic home where we all gamed and never once had an issue with anything missing. I was raised to put things back before taking out new stuff or if it was not being used. So this concept just confuses me.
It's because you are a magical parent. :p

One of my sons is "on the spectrum". So many times in public while he's having a meltdown I get the "perfect parents" advising me how I should teach him a lesson about respect, or spank him until he obeys. He's heavily dependent on games for order and interaction. At 3-4yrs-old try to take a game from him or ground him and he will destroy everything until he gets it back. You will wake up at 3am to him screaming and punching your face.

I only mean to say that everybody has unique situations. My boys tend to be wild, creative, and aggressive. Trying to "Kragle" everything and tell them not to touch doesn't work because they are aware of the control you're seeking and they will be contrary just to teach you a lesson. To a child you may as well break or throw away a game when you're bored or it sucks. I kinda wish I would operate more like that.

Top Bottom