• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Asexual characters in gaming

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
Is that jennifer lawrence
Victoria Atkin:
Banner.jpg

DemWalls

Isnt the protagonist from Remember Me kinda asexual??

It's a tricky subject. Much like many other examples, the fact that one character doesn't show interest in any other doesn't imply asexuality.

Anyway, it's funny that you mention Nilin, since the developers specifically said they wanted her to have a (male) love interest, but the publisher was against it, so they scrapped that.

failgubbe

It feels like 343i injected a little "romance" between Cortana and Master Chief, but maybe I misinterpreted those awkward cutscenes.

Cortana is based on Halsey who is essentially a mother to John so it's more that he's sad and stuff. Not that romance doesn't happen anyway ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

But tbf 343 doesn't care about the universe so fuck it

Oddly enough.. Sega's Sonic (I'm not considering Archie's Sonic) and Shadow have never ever expressed any romantic feelings toward anyone.

Sonic actively avoids Amy, and in that game we don't talk about, he never seemed to like Elise more than just as a friend.

Shadow also hasn't expressed any feelings toward anyone but Maria because he's too edgy for romance... or friendship.

Neither have even mentioned wanting to be in a relationship... which is weird, especially considering Sonic's cool-dude personality and inflated ego.

Edit: Same goes for Eggman. Too busy failing at taking over the world to get busy, I guess.

Edit 2: but this shouldn't really count as proof labeling any of them to be asexual. It could just be plot coincidence or writers not caring to cover those sides of them.

Top Bottom