• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"Ask The Gays!": LGBT voters back Hillary over Trump, 84% to 16%

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.washingtonblade.com/2016/05/04/survey-lgbt-voters-back-clinton-over-trump-by-4-1-margin/

As the nominees for the 2016 presidential election have become more clear, a new survey finds LGBT voters support Hillary Clinton for president over Donald Trump by a 4-1 margin.

The New York-based Whitman Insight Strategies made the findings public on Wednesday as a result of a nationwide survey it conducted of 338 likely voters who identified as LGBT.

According to the survey, 84 percent of likely LGBT voters back Clinton, compared to the 16 percent who support Trump, a significant margin showing more than 4 in 5 LGBT voters would vote for the former secretary of state.

That shows greater support for the Democratic candidate in 2016 among LGBT voters than exit polls showed among gay, lesbian and bisexual voters in 2012. At the time, exit polls revealed President Obama won 76 percent of the LGBT vote, compared to the 16 percent won by then-Republican presidential nominee Mitt Romney.

Moreover, the survey found LGBT voters are significantly more likely than voters overall to identify as Democrats: 60 percent identify as Democrats, and 40 percent say their intensity is strong. Meanwhile, only 15 percent of LGBT voters identify as Republican, while 22 percent identify as independents.

https://twitter.com/NateSilver538/status/743206431772545024

@NateSilver538 Nate Silver
Share of LGBT vote:
Bush: 23%
McCain: 27%
Romney: 23%
Trump: 16%

Oni Jazar

jOhevYg.jpg

Yeah.

16% of LGBT voters support Trump? Are they dumb?

Sadly, he's probably the most pro gay republican nominee ever. (I use the word PRO here as lightly as I humanly possibly can)

I've met some gay Republicans who love him and think he's moving things forward in the GOP for them.

I tried to reason with them but it didn't work

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/06/trump-robert-jeffress-tweet-lgbt-224496

Trump just tweeted a photo with one of his favorite supporters, an anti-gay pastor.

The First Baptist Church pastor in February 2015 was quoted as saying the gay rights movement “will pave the way for that future world dictator, the Antichrist, to persecute and martyr Christians without any repercussions whatsoever.”

Jeffress last month celebrated his state's leaders' decision to refuse to comply with President Barack Obama's directive to create more accessibility for transgender students in public schools, saying "it’s time for an all-out rebellion against this absolute tyranny of the Obama administration.”

KarmaCow

16% of LGBT voters support Trump? Are they dumb?

There was a This American Life episode where they talked to a gay teen who was a big Trump supporter. Definitely worth a listen, even if it was very unique situation. It was more that he picked the most gay friendly republican candidate but I have to imagine that most LBGT voters who want Trump aren't outwardly self-hating or malicious either.

It's funny because he's the least homophobic republican presidential candidate, but he is so awful it drives the share even lower.

RPGCrazied

It's funny because he's the least homophobic republican presidential candidate, but he is so awful it drives the share even lower.

least?

I don't buy this disguise. He is lying. He has already said he would try to overturn the gay marriage in 50 states thing.

least?

I don't buy this disguise. He is lying. He has already said he would try to overturn the gay marriage in 50 states thing.

To be honest it doesn't seem like an issue he cares about much. That being said the judges he would appoint would all be terrible for LGBT rights.

What was the LGBT consensus between Bernie and Hillary? Living in SF, nearly everyone I knew in my age group (25-30) was voting Bernie.

Apathy

the 16% must be hyper rich and prefer GOP getting in power for tax cuts. No way anyone else in the LGBT community could possibly vote Trump after all hes said

trembli0s

Sadly, he's probably the most pro gay republican nominee ever. (I use the word PRO here as lightly as I humanly possibly can)

I've met some gay Republicans who love him and think he's moving things forward in the GOP for them.

I tried to reason with them but it didn't work

This is what actually blows my mind. How did the prior Republicants actually have MORE support? No other candidate in the history of the party would have been for Cait using the bathroom she wanted to.

What was the LGBT consensus between Bernie and Hillary? Living in SF, nearly everyone I knew in my age group (25-30) was voting Bernie.

She won almost every congressional district that had a higher than normal LGBT population. She won the 12th California congressional district by 9 points, and the 14th by 18 points. She won similarly large margins in New York in districts with higher than normal gay populations.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom