• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"Ask The Gays!": LGBT voters back Hillary over Trump, 84% to 16%

Status
Not open for further replies.

stressboy

My dad was gay, and he became really right-wing in his later years. Almost every conversation with him, you would hear him bitch about "taxes, regulations, and the illegals!"

So yeah they do exist, and I am sure if he was alive today, he would support Trump.

Meowster

I still lol @ my gay older cousin enthusiastically claiming that he was going to support John Kasich and that he was the future that we needed all over social media... and then he dropped out of the race not even a week later. Anyways, not shocked, I'm voting for Hillary and so are the rest of my friends.

GamerJM

Banned
Probably rich LGBTs that care more about their money than social issues that barely touch them.

It does seem high though.

I don't think Republican economics benefit 16% of the US population.

I'd like to see the justification from the 16%. Well, not like to....I guess it's more of a morbid curiosity.

Astral Dog

i read people on the internet saying LGBT are dumb because they are too worried about what restroom to use and who will bake the cake for their wedding instead of voting for Donal Trump the only one that can stop ISIS .

Link

The Autumn Wind
i read people on the internet saying LGBT are dumb because they are too worried about what restroom to use and who will bake the cake for their wedding instead of voting for Donal Trump the only one that can stop ISIS .
That's literally from the article posted just above.

Yeah I know some gay Republicans. They literally only care about their own money more than anything else. It's literally 'I got mine, Fuck you!" attitude. Another person I know, who is trans, is a racist asshol, hence why she support Trump. Nevermind that she is Asian and is an immigrant herself. We are no longer friends, FYI.

I also got into a facebook debate with Carl De Maio's husband, the owner of the largest LGBT media company in San Diego and a staunch Republican. He ended up calling me names and blocking me lol.

Holmes

Gays voting for Trump?

tumblr_n8bu9b5XwE1tgu582o1_250.gif

cameron

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1217739

http://www.cnn.com/2016/06/17/opinions/lgbt-support-trump-barron/index.html

There it is. An article expressing why LGBT should support Trump.

Words can't precisely convey the level of disgust I feel after reading this. It's beyond contempt.
Christopher R Barron is a conservative strategist based in Washington, D.C., and the former co-founder of the LGBT advocacy group GOProud. The views expressed are his own.
That's certainly something.

There is at least one Trump supporter for each and every minority in the US. You can be a minority and still be perfectly willing to vote against your own interests, either as a completely misguided form of Stockholm Syndrome or because they're just daft.

Doesn't she take money from Saudi Arabia?

http://www.cnn.com/2015/03/20/politics/rand-paul-hillary-clinton/

http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box...rs-clinton-foundation-engaged-in-conflicts-of

Same country that imprisons gay people, chemically castrates them, tortures, and executes them?

Have these donations been disputed? Or do domstic LGBT not care what happens overseas?

Meanwhile, the GOP takes money from (and actively seeks the endorsement of) far right-wing pastors who call for the death penalty for LGBT people and have been instrumental in exporting anti-LGBT hate to countries like Uganda. What's your point?

The idea that LGBT people should be pro-Trump because he's so "tough on ISIS" (which, y'know, citation needed, but that's beside the point) is asinine. To be perfectly frank, the U.S. doesn't need outside help when it comes to violence and repression against LGBT people. We've got a long tradition of that entirely on our own, thank you very much.

lenovox1

Doesn't she take money from Saudi Arabia?

http://www.cnn.com/2015/03/20/politics/rand-paul-hillary-clinton/

http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box...rs-clinton-foundation-engaged-in-conflicts-of

Same country that imprisons gay people, chemically castrates them, tortures, and executes them?

Have these donations been disputed? Or do domstic LGBT not care what happens overseas?

Is this about her charity? Because... Trump has and has had actual business relationships with rich people of all nationalities, including Gaddafi.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/06/17/politics/donald-trump-middle-east-business-ties-clinton-lgbt/

So... Between the two... One is largely using the funds from those individuals for charitable purposes and the other is strictly lining their pockets...

Do you see why that may not tilt more LGBT people into Trump's direction?

Are LGBT people just supposed to hate both candidates and call it a day?

How about not backing either of them? That's my point.

Yeah...

...That's not how elections in the US work.

And that's leaving aside the concrete good Clinton actually did for LGBT people during her tenure as Secretary of State.

Saudi Arabia's human rights record is abysmal, but the depressing fact is that the U.S. does business with a lot of countries with abysmal human rights records. We can't force them to change. We can just try to exert pressure through sustained contact.

(Granted, this has mixed results, especially in countries with a history of colonialism that may view any sort of intervention in social issues as yet another instance of colonialist western interference.)

And honestly, it's not like our history regarding LGBT issues is so fantastic that we're in a great position for finger-wagging at other countries. I'd absolutely love to see those countries ditch their regressive, hateful policies, but right now, we come off a bit like the guy who became a vegan a week ago and is now all about lecturing you on the evils of meat consumption.

evanmisha

The amount of casual racism you'll see in the gay dating sphere makes that 16% look frankly a little conservative to me

How about not backing either of them? That's my point.

LGBT people, like every minority in America, cannot afford that. We literally cannot risk a Republican President because we are some of the first people to suffer once they get a hold of the executive power. Better to hold on to the status quo than to wait for the perfect candidate because every loss to us is more devastating. Racial minorities, women, religious minorities and immigrants will tell you the same thing.

Thankfully, Hillary and the Democrats have been powerful allies for the LGBT community as of late so we are fine happily voting for them.

phisheep

NeoGAF's Chief Barrister
16% of LGBT voters support Trump? Are they dumb?

I don't find this in the least surprising, especially if you reframe the question from "do LGBT voters support Trump?" to "can extreme Republicans be gay?" - which of course they can because it is not a choice.

In fact, it is probably as good a proxy measure as any as to the extent of the irreducible Trump core vote - about 16%. Feels about right.

aliengmr

Republicans are not reaching LGBT voters or speaking to issues important to them,

Well I, for one, am shocked by this conclusion. Anyone else equally as shocked as me at this conclusion?

This has to be a mistake, it's just too hard for me to believe that Republicans aren't reaching LGBT voters.

Well I, for one, am shocked by this conclusion. Anyone else equally as shocked as me at this conclusion?

This has to be a mistake, it's just too hard for me to believe that Republicans aren't reaching LGBT voters.

I too am shocked. After years of dehumanization, i am flabbergasted they would be reluctant to admit they lost.

Trump has many faults, but to be honest I don't think he cares much about LGBT issues one way or another.

Probably not, but his pandering should be obvious to anyone when he is trying to court evangelicals with one arm and then shamelessly and transparently trying to court LGBT with the other. Kind of like his belief that a picture with a taco bowl is the right way to gain hispanic support. It's insultingly stupid.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
Probably rich LGBTs that care more about their money than social issues that barely touch them.

It does seem high though.

He'll lower their taxes but he'll also sink the economy. Net loss.
He was talking about trying to negotiate down our debt without any idea about how that would be seen by other countries. He's clueless.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom