• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassin's Creed III Review Thread [Embargo Over, Reviews Coming In]

Jarmel

Banned
I might have impulse bought this if I had seen some reviews since I'm here at GameStop for ZoE. However no way I'm buying this cold.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
I'm predicting mostly 8s and 9s because of brand name alone.

If it deserves it, great, otherwise I hope I'm wrong.

conman

This is embargoed for day one? Huh...
Could mean something. Could mean nothing.

In light of the ongoing journalism/PR discussion, I wouldn't mind if publishers instituted embargoes that went a bit further past the release date. Give games a week or so in the marketplace to sell on their own. Give reviewers a chance to actually play games in full with a bit more breathing room for patches, online hitches, etc.

Vargavinter

Swedish Level gave it a "8" and the second oppinion gave it a "7" both mentions frequent controller issues that will make some missions pure trial & error resulting having to redo missions six or seven times.
They also mention that there are a few moments of really clumsy gameplay and buggy AI.

notworksafe

Can't wait for all these objective reviews that will ignite unprecedented consumer interest in Assassin's Creed III, which is sure to break plenty of sales records this holiday

ekim

Attack Of the Fanboy Review : they don't have a classic rating but every rated item seems to be have the best score

Ubisoft showed impeccable timing with the introduction of this new game engine, new character and setting for the franchise. Just when you thought that it was going to be the same old Assassin’s Creed on a yearly basis, they’ve come in and shaken things up with great results. Assassin’s Creed III is a beautiful game that’s a blast to play, with a ton of replay value in it’s multiplayer component. Is there anything else?

Derrick01

Banned
From the Eurogamer review

One thing that is consistent, at least, is the feeling that this is no longer a series about a silent predator. The majority of the time, Assassin's Creed 3 is a full-on action game; it just happens to star an assassin.

Where have they been? It hasn't been like that since AC1.

Top Bottom