• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassins Creed Origins |OT| A Far Cry From Historical Fact

RPGCrazied

How does it look and play on PS4Amateur?

Not bad actually. It seems to have problems in major towns and sprinting on a horse in town, seems to get real stuttery. And cutscenes for some reason have framerate problems. They go from 30, 25 and even 18 fps.

Other then that though it looks great. Draw distance is huge, and they use some nice AA methods to get rid of jaggies. And I haven't had one crash or bug yet. Been playing for about 10 hours.

MadYarpen

Not bad actually. It seems to have problems in major towns and sprinting on a horse in town, seems to get real stuttery. And cutscenes for some reason have framerate problems. They go from 30, 25 and even 18 fps.

Other then that though it looks great. Draw distance is huge, and they use some nice AA methods to get rid of jaggies. And I haven't had one crash or bug yet. Been playing for about 10 hours.

Thanks!

Kuriyama0

Neo Member
I haven’t been this addicted to a game in a long time. I have a few photos of my travels.
4JAU1T.jpeg

You can find pictures you have taken using Ubisoft’s photo mode site.

https://assassinscreed.ubisoft.com/game/en-ca/photomode/index.aspx

Laws00

So i'm not that far in the game and then I finally get the
hidden blade

I just want to know something and this is like a wtf for me.

In assassin's creed 1 altair is already an assassin. In the first game he has one of his fingers removed to have the hidden blade move freely without hurting himself in the process.

In Assassins creed 2 leonardo da vinci is like ya your ancestor had to have one of their digits removed in order to use the hidden blade but I fixed it so you don't need to.

Orgins is supposed to take place before 1 but i'm wondering how come Bayek doesn't have to a removed a finger but altair does? Is it because of the sect that Altair is in that being in his brotherhood of assassins that removing the finger shows commitment to the assassins?

RC0101

hidden blade

In assassin's creed 1 altair is already an assassin. In the first game he has one of his fingers removed to have the hidden blade move freely without hurting himself in the process.

In Assassins creed 2 leonardo da vinci is like ya your ancestor had to have one of their digits removed in order to use the hidden blade but I fixed it so you don't need to.

Orgins is supposed to take place before 1 but i'm wondering how come Bayek doesn't have to a removed a finger but altair does? Is it because of the sect that Altair is in that being in his brotherhood of assassins that removing the finger shows commitment to the assassins?

Go a bit further in the game and you will get an answer

Unity2012

fullscreen

fullscreen
fullscreen

This game keeps giving... It is such an interesting world. I've only been in 3 places in the whole map since I started playing and there is so much to do and varied.
BTW, thank you for that "Alternative controller," tip someone posted above. I'm going to try it.

Only into the second area but impressed by the quest variety so far, hopefully stays that way.

Do you get enough skills points to max the skill trees by the end?

Crypt

I'm so completely uninterested in any story elements in this game. And this is coming from a guy who happily watches 2 hour cutscenes in Metal Gear. I'm finding it way more fun to just grind for materials than to do any of the missions. Feels like I'm constantly forgetting what the hell I'm supposed to be doing in the game. Go to alexandria, but on the way, every person in the city wants you to do 50 things for them. Guess I'll go do those....wait, why was I going to Alexandria again? Eh I don't care. Ooo, a crocodile, let's kill that.

Megatron

hidden blade

Wow man. I had completely forgotten about these details from AC 1 and 2. It's nice knowledge to have after seeing what happens a bit later.

J3nga

That was one long intro, took me around 3 hours to see Intro credits or w/e those are called. So far I'm really digging the game, the setting and the overall atmosphere really works for me, I think it's the best AC since...since long ago.

Danone

Neo Member
First Ubisoft open world that feels truly alive, imo. Watch Dogs 2 was really good but I still felt that 'stiffness' that's present on recent Ubi games. This one got it all, I'm excited for their next project.

It’s cool, not a problem. For the record I agree NeoGAF is badly wounded.

The game looks amazing on base Xbox One. Can’t wait to see it on X in 4K.

I’m itching to try it I unwrapped it this morning and almost popped the disk in. People like you give this place hope man thanks

Really liking this one. Love the environment and the combat is great for an AC game. I also like the time period in Egypt this is set in (39 BC) during the Ptolemaic Kingdom, right before the rise of the Roman Empire. It’s set pretty far into the past (around 2000 years) but not too far as to keep Ancient Egypt still a mystery. Just started it yesterday. I feel this is my favourite AC game.

Darklor01

Might need to stop sniffing glue
I’m itching to try it I unwrapped it this morning and almost popped the disk in. People like you give this place hope man thanks

I popped it in the Xbox One to preload it to an external drive. Will leave that drive attached to the Xbox One with 4K option backup selected so it will be as ready as possible for Xbox One X launch, hoping for the 4K and HDR patch to go live before launch to be ready with that too.

sgs2008

How's performance on PC? All this DRM talk makes it sound like it runs terribly.
Specs: 6700k, on a gtx1080. Playing at 3440x1440.

1080ti at that resolution maxed out averages above 60+ with drops to about 55 in very heavily populated areas and demanding scenes. So id say youd prob be under 60 on average with rare drops to the mid 40's if you are looking to run it maxed. I wouldnt rly say it runs terribly though. It looks very good.

BSpot

I had this shipped out from Gamefly last Thursday. Stuff never takes more than 2 business days to get to me but now it's been 5 mailing days. I was excited to play this with no commitments, given how I was kind of burned by past AC games recently.

Is this really good enough for my impatient ass to buy?

Alebelly

I had this shipped out from Gamefly last Thursday. Stuff never takes more than 2 business days to get to me but now it's been 5 mailing days. I was excited to play this with no commitments, given how I was kind of burned by past AC games recently.

Is this really good enough for my impatient ass to buy?

might as well just wait and try it. if you like it cant you just buy it from gamefly at a discounted price?

BSpot

might as well just wait and try it. if you like it cant you just buy it from gamefly at a discounted price?

I can. But I was really in the mood to play it the last couple of days... I was being impatient. But I found it on Redbox. One night for 3 bucks and if I like it I'll PSN it.

norm9

Rented this on redbox. A day later, picked up the digital version. It's a ton of fun. Diversity of weapons, interesting gadgets. Auto-horse. Eagle drone works fantastic and you can use it as little or as much as you want for a challenge. Maybe it's just my build, but I'm less of an assassin, and more of a slow lumbering bludgeoning butcher with my legendary mace.

Characters are all real interesting. No original egyptian language or whatever the appropriate langauge would be way back when is a little disappointing. No codex also.

Setting can't be beat.

Nester99

This is not a fun game.

Combat is bland and unitative, your making an AC game, don't steal Dark souls controls.
Enemies are either a joke or impossible
Everything is brown or gold or green.
Story is a mess, I just don't care about any character.
Controls suck, same button the stupid bird as well as a search mode ?
Travel is long and boring.
The map is cluttered with other idiots screenshots, who thought this was a good idea?
Quest don't tell you the level until after you accept them.
Characters are stupid......have you got to princess Kara yet?
Level grinding just to move the story forward? Do they know what franchise this is?
Fighting on horse back is very sloppy

It's not bad just not fun. Play something else while you wait for this to $25 after Christmas.

This comes from someone who plated the last 3 ac games, (not counting unity)

This is not a fun game.

Combat is bland and unitative, your making an AC game, don't steal Dark souls controls.
Everything is brown or gold,
The map is cluttered with other idiots screenshots, who thought this was a good idea?
Level grinding just to move the story forward? Do they know what franchise this is?

It's not bad just not fun. Play something else while you wait for this to $25 after Christmas.

Your opinion on the game is the exception, not the norm.

Also, this game is way too good to have an initial OT post as brief as it is. MY opinion.

Nester99

I understand, it is my opinion.

I am a fan of the franchise and wanted to give my two cents.
at least i said why i have i feel the way i do =D

If you are having fun, consider me jelly.

pots555

Well, as a huge fan of ancient Egypt, consider me satisfied. Wow! Just got my collector’s edition and I can tell this might be my only game for a while. I am really going to take my time with this. I am already amazed by the amount of details in the first area.

Nester99

someone tell me it gets better,

I am only at Alexandria and as evidenced by my previous post getting pretty frustrated.

I die a lot, sure i am getting old but i can still beat Dark souls games and am only playing this on normal.

The stealth seems....non existent.

I want to like this game,just struggling to find my way.

Braag

I am only at Alexandria and as evidenced by my previous post getting pretty frustrated.

I die a lot, sure i am getting old but i can still beat Dark souls games and am only playing this on normal.

It's definitely a harder game than any of the previous AC games.
The guards can spot you very easily and the combat can be difficult when pitted against several enemies at once, mainly due to the controls and bad targeting system in my case.
I recommend just dropping the difficulty to easy if you are still struggling after getting better weapons and more skill points.

Starfield

Why don't you just stop playing and do something else then? Jeez man, stop bitching around if you don't like it.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
This is not a fun game.

Everything is brown or gold or green.

Kinda having the same experience. I'm gonna try lowering the difficulty to "Easy" even though I don't really want to. I've really enjoyed nearly every game in the series (Syndicate was my favorite) but this one just isn't clicking with me.

If easy doesn't do it for me I'm probably just gonna give up on it and be a bit more cautious of the series going forward.

BSpot

I think I am liking what I have seen so far in about 30 minutes of play. But man, in that same period of time I feel like I have encountered at least 3 bugs/glitches. One (minor) is very out of sync dialog with animation. Another (minor) is how it told me to leap of faith about 10 min after I did it, while I was flying Senu. The last (major) is I walked nearby a statue of Ptolemy and it said to destroy it and instantly my dude is frozen. I can control Senu but I cannot move a muscle or do any other action.
Quitting to see if that will help.

Oh and also not fond of a 10 second loading screen whenever I leave Eagle Flight.

Nester99

Why don't you just stop playing and do something else then? Jeez man, stop bitching around if you don't like it.

Is this not the place to complain about or praise games? To share our experiences with others and ask questions and learn?

RPGCrazied

25 hours and still haven't moved the story much. lol

I better get on that. So many side quests, and still even have a few regions I've never even visited yet.

And holy shit at Memphis.

Alebelly

Did you get the
hidden blade yet (its given to you in Alexandria)
, stealth doesn't really work until you get it

gossi

Re Stealth - press B to crouch. I just watched a Twitch stream where the player didn’t know this. Amazing.

Top Bottom